India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDev

Country flag
Boss there is no bluffing. Believe me chances of conflict are 100%.
Only variable is US general election in Nov. That is affecting Chinese thinking.
The timing of any Chinese attack is likely after the Plenary Session of the Central Committee is finished sometime in October and before the US elections on November 3. Xi will not want bad news during the Plenary Session meeting.

Country flag
Again same drama, what makes us think that this is gonna work, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting to yield different results, can any veterans here make sense of what is it that is different about the disengagement process this time that we hope it will work.
Chinese are talking disengagement but their troops are not moving?? Chinese lies.

Last edited:

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Why do these news guys and bloggers keep saying we never patrolled some of these areas before? It is clearly within the official Indian map, do they have to mention that true or not?
Ya'll Nibbiars Now the chinese lies I dont buy this LAC definition arguments and the Pre April line. That is just a lie never to believe them again.

Dessert Storm

Country flag

is this enough for you?

from the article:-

With the usual deployment, the Army starts the process of Advance Winter Stocking in April-May. Aircraft are usually used for emergency requirements.

“In normal course you have about 2 lakh tonnes of supplies, food, equipment etc for XIV Corps for being stocked for the 6-7 months,” Singh said. With the new troops retained for winters, “it may not double everything, but close to 3 lakh tonnes of essentials will be needed now”.

With Rs 1 lakh for transporting ten tonnes through road, and the high price of air transport, the total additional transportation cost can be calculated, he said. The government will have to buy everything “at a higher rate now in the open market, compared to what we would have provisioned earlier”.

Cost of keeping one soldier there, starting from buying of matches to his condiments, to his food, to his fuel for warming to his shelter to everything, for one turnaround year is easily at least to the tune of Rs 10 lakh,” Singh said. “I am just talking about keeping a soldier there, equipping him, feeding him, keeping him fighting fit, providing him with all the wherewithal.” Then there are a lot of “untold costs that nobody will tell you” because of the sensitive nature of the information.

The forces have to fight against time. The turnaround time from Srinagar to Leh and back is 15-20 days. It takes even longer from Rohtang Pass. With nearly twice the supplies to be taken before the passes close in the winter, “now you are trying to pump in more”, Singh said.

Additionally, the forces have to stock up for the infrastructure work going on near the forward areas, including on the Durbuk-Shyok-Daulat Beg Oldie road.
@ Knowitall That settle it for you I hope

shaktishivashakti

Country flag
Why do these news guys and bloggers keep saying we never patrolled some of these areas before? It is clearly within the official Indian map, do they have to mention that true or not?
May be bcz they are being told to. That's how one change the perception of his own fellow citizen. :frusty: I'm telling since last night chinese statetement called "joint" statement and agreed by every expert as such, I'm await a big deception. I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

omaebakabaka

Chinese are taling disengagement but their troops are not moving?? Chinese lies.
This is like 1960 leading to 1962, war will come one way or other as Xi is only worse than Mao. Except we don't have a Nehru nor the Chinese surprizes like in 62. So we should dig in for now or later. Only other route is to surrender our gains by trusting Chinese and Modi digging his and BJP's grave with it.

Country flag
This is like 1960 leading to 1962, war will come one way or other as Xi is only worse than Mao. Except we don't have a Nehru nor the Chinese surprizes like in 62. So we should dig in for now or later. Only other route is to surrender our gains by trusting Chinese and Modi digging his and BJP's grave with it.
This would be the worst thing to do . We have to defend our territorial integrity. Many nations outside of
India also watching.

omaebakabaka

May be bcz they are being told to. That's how one change the perception of his own fellow citizen. :frusty: I'm telling since last night chinese statetement called "joint" statement and agreed by every expert as such, I'm await a big deception. I'd be more than happy to be wrong.
Well, these "never patrolled" nonsense was spouted since the gains were made by all channels and experts. So they are claiming a win to root for current GOI achievement or low IQ journalists which most are or CCP funded masters of theirs (JNU being one)

shade

Country flag
There is no "trust".
It is willing surrender.
" We trusted them " is just a face saver.

That whole " $300 billion worth mining for Adani/Jindal in Afghanistan for Galwan and fingers " theory by tarunraju actually sounds true now :/

Hope we don't give up our gains by accepting this lie of "disengagement"

omaebakabaka

This would be the worst thing to do . We have to defend our territorial integrity. Many nations outside of
India also watching.
I doubt they will give up gains based on trusting chinese, but there may be practical considerations. Some positions/posts are too weak to hold on to due to nature or ability to defend. But overall we should not lose anything strategic in nature anywhere on the border if GOI does its job. I would say provoke the chinese to gain more and let them come at us....turn any weak positions into strength.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Wtf this is haji pir 2.0?
Nop what if Chinese fall back to finger 8 and india leaves away the ridge line which was always under India claimed LAC and we only moved back from ridge line after 1962 thinking that both armies should not be in eye to eye condition and ridge line have terrible climatic conditions. The only area which we could have potentially captured is black top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New threads

Articles