India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
are you stupid or do you like acting dumb.

what was the discussion about and what the hell are you barking.

The whole discussion was based on a post that "India will try to delay conflict till October" to which i stated we are in a better position right now so why would we delay a conflict defending is not the problem the whole discussion was if India were to go on an offensive to finally settle the border it would be much better to do so now.

it has already been discussed to death that we can defend ourselves easily.

General Bipin Rawat has explicitly informed MP's during Parliamentary meeting on Defence : India is ready for any Eventuality.

yea i know he is talking about scenarios where pakistan china or both of them attack us. yes we are prepared for it i never said otherwise.

what i was talking about was a scenario where we ourselves launch an attack in october to which i simply mentioned if we are indeed planning to go on full offensive we will do it now itself and wont wait for october.

god knows what you are rambling about.
I have a counter point. After October, things will be very bad vis a vis weather. But...IA is more experienced in handling that than PLA.

I wouldn't be surprised if IA mounts a limited offensive specifically because batboys would be much less habituated.

shade

Country flag
Guys this is very confusing, what's the current status?

Has the disengagement began?

What did we lose??
EAM and Wang came out with a joint statement about disengagement
Actual disengagement in the hands of commanders who will discuss about the disengagement.
1st round of talks are inconclusive between indian and chinese commanders about disengagement.
Hope it continues this way.

Cheran

Country flag
Guys this is very confusing, what's the current status?

Has the disengagement began?

What did we lose??
1. Corps commanders meeting has been scheduled, today's brigadier level talks concluded
2. Joint statement is just like a vision document, no particular low level specifics
3. We have not lost anything, so far, we have only readjusted troops to 39 peaks
4. It remains to be seen if the establishment is going to act naive & give up our claims to some half baked Chinese assuarances

DownWithCCP

Country flag
I have a counter point. After October, things will be very bad vis a vis weather. But...IA is more experienced in handling that than PLA.

I wouldn't be surprised if IA mounts a limited offensive specifically because batboys would be much less habituated.
Well hellfire(iirc) said in one of his tweets that it is naive of us to assume that IA or for that matter the PLA cannot carry out ops(not necessarily armed combat) in the month of October, so as long as all the inducted troops from both side do not go back to peace time locations there is still scope for the conflict to lengthen

Dessert Storm

Country flag
are you stupid or do you like acting dumb.

what was the discussion about and what the hell are you barking.

The whole discussion was based on a post that "India will try to delay conflict till October" to which i stated we are in a better position right now so why would we delay a conflict defending is not the problem the whole discussion was if India were to go on an offensive to finally settle the border it would be much better to do so now.

it has already been discussed to death that we can defend ourselves easily.

General Bipin Rawat has explicitly informed MP's during Parliamentary meeting on Defence : India is ready for any Eventuality.

yea i know he is talking about scenarios where pakistan china or both of them attack us. yes we are prepared for it i never said otherwise.

what i was talking about was a scenario where we ourselves launch an attack in october to which i simply mentioned if we are indeed planning to go on full offensive we will do it now itself and wont wait for october.

god knows what you are rambling about.
Respected Sir, The expression 'any eventuality' spans various time periods. Your assessment is uni-dimensional i.e. IAs relative advantage pre n post October. My assessment is multi-dimensional cuz I am factoring IA pre n post Oct vis a vis PLAGF pre n post October. You haven't even started to factor in SCS n our Westside. I think there is a difference of opinion cuz of a sub-set u r referring to versus the big picture I am referring to. Let me reiterate sir pls look at the big picture n re-assess.
As far as those kind words that you have said for me..... I would say those reflect badly on a Senior Member of this forum.
Lastly, in context of Jai Shri Krishna 🙏 logo, let me tell you this..... I am of the tribe where your Sudarshan Chakra would circle me and disappear 🙂
Jai Shri Krishna

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
There has been military level talks at the border everyday since Monday.

All of them ended badly .

There wont be any disengagement.
Neither IA nor PLA wants to fight.. and they dont want to play kabaddi in winter. Thats why the talks everyday.. Neither is ready for a war..
So, obviously the diplomats and politicians of both countries are not ready..

DownWithCCP

Country flag
There has been military level talks at the border everyday since Monday.

All of them ended badly .

There wont be any disengagement.
The reason I believe that we won't have any disengagement is because:
1)iirc Jaishankar himself, in one of the articles said that military level talks have achieved its maximum capability and now the matter has to be escalated to a political level which completely contradicts the joint statement which puts the onus on the local commanders to work out the whole "disengagement" process.

DownWithCCP

Country flag
Neither IA nor PLA wants to fight.. and they dont want to play kabaddi in winter. Thats why the talks everyday.. Neither is ready for a war..
wdym no disengagement and no fight , staying through the winter? where when and how does it end?

shaktishivashakti

Country flag
I got the link to the press conference. Enjoy guyz !!!! havent seen the video, sharing it with you.
Ok have finished watching the video and the press conference. From my understanding he is afraid ;-) of the IA opening fire on his sissie boyz. That's the only real news. So we must stand firm on this point. Everything else is the usual BS.

Suhaldev

Country flag
Panag didn't knew where LAC was and was retweeting that paki caslo handle + these are hypothecial scenario when BT is not under our control but chicoms are still rattled.

mokoman

Country flag
These talks are starting to sound like a broken record.

India on Thursday asked China to restore the status quo ante of April 2020 on the LAC in Ladakh during a marathon meeting external affairs minister S Jaishankar had with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi in Moscow.

Above is our demand , China has refused so what else is there ?

I think primary concern is to prevent "accidental escalation" which is what Gen Hooda said in his article. To prevent soldiers at the border accidentally starting a shooting war.

Beyond that there wont be any real disengagement .

Tumba

Tihar Jail
Banned
If stay all winter, what are the possibilities of going to war in spring nxt year??
its happy times every spring,,,, get used to it but I am pretty sure its not over for this episode.

In case this is over then it means Xi is thinking hard abt 100th CCP celebrations next year dont want a dent in head of CCP by attacking fierce beast like Indian Army...

but m pretty sure Indian Army has tasted chini blood and they like it much better than porki one.. more glory more lands
so keep tuned till frost takes over Ladakh by Nov end... anything can happen

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
What kind of statement is that IA does not want to Fight? Who told you so? What makes you think so..... I had given you an open offer to be para dropped in Moldo ... go and fight rather than making unwarranted statements..

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
For what its worth,Don't take this seriously,
yesterday i found a interesting comment from a retd IA officer.

While gokhale denying our presence in kaala top n helmet,

That’s a bit Schrödingerish

And one handle asked him "if sff controlling the top,we can't say IA controlling the top ?"

He replied

What’s SFF?

Again,he may be having fun,so take it as a molecule of salt.

A retd major's comment,

Ind army did not go there for trekking

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles