India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconZero

Country flag
Bu why will they accept?
Well, China has already salami sliced the area, they are going to cover all of the claim lines which is part of yadong region acc to me. Bhutan is proly trying appeasement policy still hasn't learned any lesson, just like India, doing nothing, giving Chinese chances to strike again and again....thinking that they can satisfy the greed of the chinkis while trying to avoid any confrontation.

Trying appeasement may result in no confrontation with china but directly asking for IA's help will 100% result in one and them turning into the battleground and losing their autonomy though appeasement may work for a short term but in the long term it will bite back harder. Bhutan's and India's future is only secured if we don't try to appease chinkis, rather confront them....what India is to Bhutan is similar to what USA is to India in a way viz a viz China.

Knowitall

Well, China has already salami sliced the area, they are going to cover all of the claim lines which is part of yadong region acc to me. Bhutan is proly trying appeasement policy still hasn't learned any lesson, just like India, doing nothing, giving Chinese chances to strike again and again....thinking that they can satisfy the greed of the chinkis while trying to avoid any confrontation.

Trying appeasement may result in no confrontation with china but directly asking for IA's help will 100% result in one and them turning into the battleground and losing their autonomy though appeasement may work for a short term in the long term it will bite back harder. Bhutan's and India's future is only secured if we don't try to appease chinkis, rather confront them....what India is to Bhutan is similar to what USA is to India in a way viz a viz China.
Let me ask a counter question what if they asked for our help and we denied it?

Just said we are busy with covid economy china etc.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
China built up a new village in Doklam, Yadong County, as part of poverty alleviation program in Tibet

China built up a new village in Doklam, Yadong County. The new village, Pangda, will become the home of 27households / 100 people, who used to be living in the high altitude areas in Yadong.

Construction of the Pangda Village was started in Dec. 2019, and completed in May 2020, with a 2.5-month pause in between due to Covid. The buildings in Pangda are using the steel frame structure, supplied by Baosteel.

The Pangda village project is financed by Shanghai city.

Location of Pangda village
640 (2).jpg

640 (1).jpg
640.jpg
PD7.jpg
PD6.jpg
PD8.jpg
PD12.jpg
PD14.jpg

FalconZero

Country flag
Let me ask a counter question what if they asked for our help and we denied it?
During Doklam we didn't ask for their permission we crossed the border and confronted Chinese when we had good relations with china so that means we are not outright going to deny them the help so, it could be that we are also negotiating Bhutan here, proly, especially in this case cuz it doesn't directly affect us....Bhutan has to pay the price in one way or the other....Hint : Sikkim
This part is based on the fact that Bhutan asked for the help....we will not deny it. Now, as johnq mentioned it will depend on matters like how much confident they are about India and themselves while confronting china.

johnq

I think Bhutan and others are waiting to see if India is willing to stand up to China and start a fight to take back Indian land. That is why taking back all land on Indian side of LAC by using military means becomes more important. If Bhutan sees India putting up with Chinese encroachment without fighting, it will do the same.

maximus777

Country flag
I think Bhutan and others are waiting to see if India is willing to stand up to China and start a fight to take back Indian land. That is why taking back all land on Indian side of LAC by using military means becomes more important. If Bhutan sees India putting up with Chinese encroachment without fighting, it will do the same.
Makes sense. If India being the much larger and powerful neighbor doesn't show the spine to confront CCP, Bhutan doesn't stand a chance.

ClawReed787

Country flag
China built up a new village in Doklam, Yadong County, as part of poverty alleviation program in Tibet

China built up a new village in Doklam, Yadong County. The new village, Pangda, will become the home of 27households / 100 people, who used to be living in the high altitude areas in Yadong.

Construction of the Pangda Village was started in Dec. 2019, and completed in May 2020, with a 2.5-month pause in between due to Covid. The buildings in Pangda are using the steel frame structure, supplied by Baosteel.

View attachment 67163
View attachment 67164View attachment 67165View attachment 67166View attachment 67167View attachment 67168View attachment 67169View attachment 67170
They are good occupation by civilian population

FalconZero

Country flag

View attachment 67163
View attachment 67164View attachment 67165View attachment 67166View attachment 67167View attachment 67168View attachment 67169View attachment 67170
Two things :
As said before, it's not in Doklam region, 9-km east of that atleast.
Second, it's illegally built inside the territory of Bhutan, it's not part of Yadong, we don't care if china considers it part of Yadong region.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Who knows Pressure tactics maybe.. Maybe Bhutanese were trying some backdoor deal wid Chinks
i was looking for who started this discourse on this issue this time, I could find Vishnu som Of NDTV who started it with his convo with a CCP journalist.

Now my question if the supposed land grab has been going on since 2018, by did the discourse peak this week, why not last week or the week after this week? why at time when there is diplomatic event between India & Bhutan?

CCP is going to lay the baits that’s a given, it’s upto people to grab it or not. then the question is why did a journalist who belongs to a news channel who are ardent supporters of Aman ki Tamasha & track 2 diplomacy with pak and known Modi haters grabbed the bait. Is Vishnu som stupid, highly unlikely since he was a helicopter pilot once. So it is safe to assume it was done purpose.

so I would prefer our members start reading events in context of other events, especially in foreign affairs related things. Ground reality is a different matter, these are perception battles.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
it's illegally built inside the territory of Bhutan, it's not part of Yadong, we don't care if china considers it part of Yadong region.
Bhutan Denies Reports of Chinese Village Within its Territory

Knowitall

i was looking for who started this discourse on this issue this time, I could find Vishnu som Of NDTV who started it with his convo with a CCP journalist.

Now my question if the supposed land grab has been going on since 2018, by did the discourse peak this week, why not last week or the week after this week? why at time when there is diplomatic event between India & Bhutan?

CCP is going to lay the baits that’s a given, it’s upto people to grab it or not. then the question is why did a journalist who belongs to a news channel who are ardent supporters of Aman ki Tamasha & track 2 diplomacy with pak and known Modi haters grabbed the bait. Is Vishnu som stupid, highly unlikely since he was a helicopter pilot once. So it is safe to assume it was done purpose.

so I would prefer our members start reading events in context of other events, especially in foreign affairs related things. Ground reality is a different matter, these are perception battles.
All this true is but you are missing the important point if this is all indeed going on from 2018.

What have been doing till now?

Since the protection of bhutan is our responsibility.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
All this true is but you are missing the important point if this is all indeed going on from 2018.

What have been doing till now?

Since the protection of bhutan is our responsibility.
Firstly I am sure I need not reiterate that GoI does not comment on ongoing diplomatic situations. Just because Vishnu Som brought into public discourse doesn’t mean GoI is not aware of these things.

but at a realistic level, we don’t know what protocols between Bhutan & GoI in these situations are. when people need to know,GoI will let us know. When India is yet to find a solution to CCP’s slow creep occupation on our borders, what advice can we give to Bhutan!!!

Edit: and here’s the latest on this..

FalconZero

Country flag

Knowitall

There are 100000 ready for deployment against PLA if need arises, where is the question of not being ready.
100000 are deployed true so why haven't we done anything to PLA yet?

Point is GOI might not be willing to risk an escalation.

shade

Country flag
There are 100000 ready for deployment against PLA if need arises, where is the question of not being ready.
The guy means to say once squatters have appeared on your territory, you are supposed to physically eject them, not build a fence around them backed by your guys.
The waiting and camping precisely for PLA to do something *again* is what is the problem, when they have already done enough to warrant a reaction on April in Galwan and the aftermath.
It is also why the Bhutanese are doing the tibetan variant of "koi nahi ghussa".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles