India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
I don't think we should even think of using Russian engine.. I know having a indigenous subsonic cruise missile is not easy but we should not give up. Pakis made these with Tomahawk landing during Afghan war So it was rather easy for them. DRDO has decided to make them from scratch so setbacks are expected.
Swine is no doubt on CCP payroll.
In any case, it's an ER version (1500kms approx) with an indigenous TF engine, 👍 to DRDO on achieving this.

GunDeGunday

Country flag
At a tactical level, I would like to see IA adopt beltfed LMG within next 2 years, magazine fed must be discarded. Imagine PLA coming in human waves and precious seconds lost due to magazine changes and loading issues.
I know we're upgrading to the 7.62 Negev NG soon but are we not using Negev(older 5.56) as our Squad Automatic right now?

captscooby81

Country flag
All DPSU shipyard baboons will be jumping in happiness now . Finally they got what they wanted pushing L&T out of this project from start and got help from another private crook Reliance Naval who raised some issue .

wish we had got those 2 Mistral which egypt purchased from France after ban to export it to russia . we are busy drafting RFI only for last 6 years .

https://www.republicworld.com/india...0000-crore-lpd-project-for-navy-scrapped.html

This has been dragging on for long. There is a need for LPDs and I think that they are much more important than ACs.

AZTEC

Country flag
I have a feeling that China is conducting a large amount of information warfare against India to influence Indian public opinion.

For example, a retired Lt. General has suggested that India should give Aksai Chin to China by agreeing to China's 1959 claim line!😡 This suggestion may have been sponsored by China.

What I am saying is not outlandish.
For example, during 1972-75 alone, the Soviet intelligence agency KGB pushed 17,000 stories in Indian media!
This information was revealed by ex-R&AW chief Vikram Sood.

Last edited:

Cheran

Country flag
Chnees can moonch on some bat masala while we are at it, the audacity of these sti**ing turds

shade

Country flag
I have a feeling that China is conducting a large amount of information warfare against India to influence Indian public opinion.

For example, a retired Lt. General has suggested that India should give Aksai Chin to China by agreeing to China's 1959 claim line!😡 This suggestion may have been sponsored by China.

For example, during 1972-75 alone, the Soviet intelligence agency KGB pushed 17,000 stories in Indian media!
The (retired ) Lt. General is Panag, was/is an AAP politician, so it is expected from him.
His daughter, bollywood b-movie actress Gul Panag also is an AAP politician, but i think after 2019 blowout both baap-beti quit that party, but as his articles( especially this on the nose one ) show it is only in name.

1602579129384.png

Kya karoge chamgadar-khoro?

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
So if the Lt Gen had been born on 31/12/61, as an infant he would have led a bayonet charge in NEFA, which would have scarred him for his new job in 2020? o_O

Kuch bhi.
We should take this in a postive light. .. Looks like a consensus is forming among the top brass that China had it easy along the LAC for far too long, and its time to make their life a little more miserable..

shade

Country flag
@AZTEC Now below is a true Chinese paid article, from Bloomberg, republished by LiveMint

India opened dozens of new bridges -- many of them providing all-weather access along its disputed border with China -- in a move that could provoke a fresh round of tensions.
Eight of the bridges are in the Ladakh province, where India and China have each amassed over 50,000 soldiers, tanks, missiles and have put on fighters on stand-by, while eight are in Arunachal Pradesh in India’s remote northeast, a region claimed by China where the border dispute is the sharpest, the Ministry of Defense said in a statement on Monday. Another four are in the Himalayan region that witnessed a months-long military standoff in 2017 over the Doklam plateau, claimed by China and Bhutan, India’s ally.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
@AZTEC Now below is a true Chinese paid article, from Bloomberg, republished by LiveMint

Bloomberg routinely writes pro china articles..

cereal killer

Country flag
The (retired ) Lt. General is Panag, was/is an AAP politician, so it is expected from him.
His daughter, bollywood b-movie actress Gul Panag also is an AAP politician, but i think after 2019 blowout both baap-beti quit that party, but as his articles( especially this on the nose one ) show it is only in name.

View attachment 62609

Kya karoge chamgadar-khoro?
The article of Panag is slightly overboard in criticism which is expected but dude is right about the 20km intrusion in Pangong area. There is friction along Hot springs, Gogra & Depsang. The only area left is indeed Demchok.
Chinese Tanks recently also came dangerously closer to Indian positions.. Location maybe Depsang as there is presence of heavy mechanized forces of both sides. The only thing wrong about his article is he's saying we're in no position to take Aksai Chin but I think we never had any intention of it either all we asked for is return to status quo so he is clearly day dreaming as everyone knows it is kinda a stalemate as of now.

Deadtrap

Country flag

Sorry to say but this general have a defeatist mentality.
I wonder how many sq. km of land were lost under his tenure through salami slicing? A little bit of research will give out the truth.
Perhaps he is the type of general with "Mental Blockade" of 1962 which the above article talks abt.

Cheran

Country flag
The article of Panag is slightly overboard in criticism which is expected but dude is right about the 20km intrusion in Pangong area. There is friction along Hot springs, Gogra & Depsang. The only area left is indeed Demchok.
Chinese Tanks recently also came dangerously closer to Indian positions.. Location maybe Depsang as there is presence of heavy mechanized forces of both sides. The only thing wrong about his article is he's saying we're in no position to take Aksai Chin but I think we never had any intention of it either all we asked for is return to status quo so he is clearly day dreaming as everyone knows it is kinda a stalemate as of now.
/rant

1. 20 KM on intrusion would be for the areas from F4 to F8, but we have also readjusted troops to 39 peaks.
2. I am sure that during his tenure Gen. Panag might have had excellent ideas with respect to strengthening our access to these areas but why was nothing done
3. Point #2 is not to absolve the current Government of failing to understand/read/act on the Chinese intentions early on
4. We are here because of the sum total of all f***ups since early 1950s & we still have an MEA which cannot make a proper statement as a response to China's statement today regarding construction activities
5. Silver lining is that due this standoff a huge change has happened in our thinking style, hopefully (MOD, etc)

/endofrant

Also CCS meet called for tomorrow.

captscooby81

Country flag
Hmm now we know why that old pig bullah was saying he will take chinese help to restore 370 , if they don't recognise Ladakh which is our place as UT and Arunachal why are we even worried to call Taiwan which itself now claiming as independent country . Start with Air india ask the to start using Taiwan instead of chinese taipei in its website .

photo6066814500612450863.jpg

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Even if the current round of military escalation ends in a stalemate, CCP is bound to come back 3 years later because of the loss of soldiers during galwan incident.

So Indian security establishment has no choice but to start preparations for next round of escalation which is not far away.

At a tactical level, I would like to see IA adopt beltfed LMG within next 2 years, magazine fed must be discarded. Imagine PLA coming in human waves and precious seconds lost due to magazine changes and loading issues.
They'll probably come back sooner than 3 years. And India should treat every single day from this point onwards as being one day closer to a big war with China - work with that level of urgency.

Whether it's infra development, military acquisition, military reforms, altering strategic mindset in think tanks/various branches of Gvt which deal with these issues.

As part of that, in spite of the likely economic damage which will be caused by COVID - I really do not see any way around a significant defense budget hike. War is likely just a matter of time now - and capability will have to be built up (both overt and covert) to permanently resolve the Pakistan problem to the West, if we are to see an active LAC with constant deployments and deadly/non-deadly clashes.

Permanently maintaining two LOC's - and that too with defensive posture - would be suicide.

bajiraopeshwa

Country flag
Chnees can moonch on some bat masala while we are at it, the audacity of these sti**ing turds

China opposes this, China opposes that. Well, India opposes all the infrastructure China has built on their side of the LAC and the infrastructure China has built in the Indian territory of Aksai.

India should ask reparations soon for the damage caused by China virus. We need funds to build more border infrastructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles