China's Mega-Constellations

skywatcher

Country flag
They may well politely disagree or be vehement about it. Doesn't change mine or any normal person describing them in exactly the terms I've used to describe them.

Of course trolls Wumaos psychiatric cases & a combination of all 3 which means you will have a different PoV . But then you're a self acknowledged paranoid delusional schizophrenic

View attachment 255235
It's just your personal opinion that won't affect anyone and anything. Because the outside world is way way bigger than your imaginary world. There're things beyond your capabilities of understanding. Enjoy
i_f25.png

0080MYmPly1hq6has1iokj33344monpg.jpg

Azaad

Country flag
Are you born clown or did some special CCP course for this clownery??
He's a delusional paranoid schizophrenic who's known to stop random women on street corners rushing headlong into their groin.

When the police detained him asking him the reason behind such weird behaviour , Chang here came up the explanation that life on earth has ceased to have any meaning & he was determined to return from where he came from.

Reactions: SKC

SKC

Country flag
He's a delusional paranoid schizophrenic who's known to stop random women on street corners rushing headlong into their groin.

When the police detained him asking him the reason behind such weird behaviour , Chang here came up the explanation that life on earth has ceased to have any meaning & he was determined to return from where he came from.
He is trying to get food on his table to feed his family back in mainland. He is getting few Yuan every post here and maybe 100 yuan every thread posted here from CCP.

skywatcher

Country flag
He is trying to get food on his table to feed his family back in mainland. He is getting few Yuan every post here and maybe 100 yuan every thread posted here from CCP.
The characters on the rocket says: Make the world a better place.
i_f25.png

• Haha

skywatcher

Country flag
So follow it . Why inflict us with it Chang ? You think we're interested ? No , we aren't.

Also , remember even if you send a Taikonaut to the moon , you'd only be copying someone , following in their footsteps & you're already 54 years behind.

View attachment 255214
If you're not interested, that's OK and you shouldn't be here. My threads are for those who're being curious about Chinese space updates, especially private space. As my username indicates, I'm Skywatcher, I look up to the sky and I don't look down on you, son.
i_f25.png

The characters say: Using the strength of Weibo and make the world a more beautiful place. (Machine Translate)
775da623ly1hq6iwgbx4rj20u01400wv.jpg

Azaad

Country flag
If you're not interested, that's OK and you shouldn't be here. My threads are for those who're being curious about Chinese space updates, especially private space. As my username indicates, I'm Skywatcher, I look up to the sky and I don't look down on you, son.View attachment 255254

The characters say: Using the strength of Weibo and make the world a more beautiful place. (Machine Translate)
View attachment 255255
Are you seriously asking an Indian to abstain from an Indian forum being a Wumao yourself belonging to a country we consider an enemy ?

You can stand on your head & look down on the sky for all I care Chang .

skywatcher

Country flag
Are you seriously asking an Indian to abstain from an Indian forum being a Wumao yourself belonging to a country we consider an enemy ?

You can stand on your head & look down on the sky for all I care Chang .
Again if you're not interested in Chinese space thread, you shouldn't be here because most of my posts are focusing on Chinese space updates especially private Chinese space news.
i_f25.png

This thread is for China's three mega-constellations comprising over 35,000 satellites.
Indeed, CCP has a great plan for LEO. LEO can't be monopolized by SpaceX alone right?
i_f25.png
That's the significance of its existence.

Azaad

Country flag
Again if you're not interested in Chinese space thread, you shouldn't be here because most of my posts are focusing on Chinese space updates especially private Chinese space news. View attachment 255259
This thread is for China's three mega-constellations comprising over 35,000 satellites.
Indeed, CCP has a great plan for LEO. LEO can't be monopolized by SpaceX alone right?View attachment 255260That's the significance of its existence.
Which is the reason we're asking you miserable mao to restrict your footprint to 1 SINGLE GODDAMN THREAD . Is that so difficult to understand ?

skywatcher

Country flag
Which is the reason we're asking you miserable mao to restrict your footprint to 1 SINGLE GODDAMN THREAD . Is that so difficult to understand ?
That doesn't make sense

These are all private Chinese orbital launches.
008cAeTCgy1hq6lw9oc2gj34m515jkjl.jpg

skywatcher

Country flag
A Long March 8A rocket will launch first batch of satellites for China's Guowang mega-constellation 20 July 2024

i_f25.png

skywatcher

Country flag
Launch of first batch of G60 Starlink(Chinese: Qianfan mega Constellation) satellites preponed to 5 Aug 2024. The total number of satellites increases to 14,000.

skywatcher

Country flag
China to launch first satellites for megaconstellation in August
Andrew Jones June 27, 2024

HELSINKI — The first launch for China’s G60 Starlink megaconstellation of over 12,000 satellites is set for early August.

The first satellites are due to leave the factory in Shanghai for Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in north China in the coming days, according to Shanghai Securities News.

The launch is set for Aug. 5 with the mission expected to carry 18 satellites. The launch vehicle was not stated in reports, but the Long March 6A would be the most capable option from Taiyuan in terms of capacity to low Earth orbit and payload fairing.

The constellation aims to provide global internet access, challenging U.S. projects including Starlink. It is also intended to secure finite orbital slots and frequencies and provide national internet coverage and data security.

The move is part of a national drive to foster commercial space development while boosting innovation and high-tech industry clusters. The initiative aims to boost China’s overall space capabilities.

Shanghai Spacecom Satellite Technology (SSST), the entity behind the G60 Starlink low Earth orbit megaconstellation, announced in February it had raised 6.7 billion yuan ($943 million) for the constellation’s construction.

Stellar Dispatch
SSST, together with the Innovation Academy for Microsatellites under the Chinese Academy of Sciences (IAMCAS), established Shanghai Gesi Aerospace Technology (Genesat) in 2022 to build satellite manufacturing facilities.

The first flat-panel satellite for G60 rolled off the assembly line at a digital satellite production factory in Shanghai’s Songjiang District in December 2023.

Earlier statements indicate that 108 satellites are planned for launch across 2024. This would suggest plans to launch five further batches of 18 satellites this year.

China has also approved another megaconstellation, named Guowang (SatNet). The China Satellite Network Group in 2021 to run the national 13,000-satellite project.

While a number of vaguely-termed test internet satellites have since been launched, the first large batch of Guowang satellites have yet to be launched. G60 Starlink therefore appears to be taking a somewhat surprise lead in its development.

Commercial space push
The plan is backed at several levels. Commercial space was last year noted as an “industry of the future.” It was subsequently noted as a priority in a government work report for the first time in March this year.

This drive is being manifested at city and provincial levels. Shanghai has developed its own commercial space action plan.

Goals include building generation medium and large launch vehicles and intelligent terminals. It also intends to strengthen the development of integrated communications, navigation and remote sensing satellite technologies. It aims to create a space information industry worth more than 200 billion yuan ($28.2 billion) by 2025. Beijing also has its own commercial space action with measurable goals.

On the launch side, a number of large and reusable rockets will soon be coming online to help build G60 Starlink and other constellations. The state-owned Shanghai Academy of Spaceflight Technology (SAST) conducted a 12-kilometer-altitude hop test this week for a reusable launcher it hopes to debut next year.

Meanwhile commercial outfit Space Pioneer aims to launch its Tianlong-3 launcher in the coming months. Competitor Landspace targets a first launch of its stainless steel Zhuque-3 next year.

Shanghai is also backing a medium Earth orbit communications project named Smart Skynet. The first pair of satellites launched from Xichang spaceport last month. That project could potentially be integrated with G60 Starlink or Guowang.

In a related development, a Landspace subsidiary last month filed plans with the International Telecommunication Union for another 10,000-plus satellite megaconstellation.

00686eaKgy1hr1cf53xeuj31hr0twwpf.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles