India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

another_armchair

Country flag
I don’t know if India cutting palm oil imports alone was responsible for that, or if Malaysia is guaranteed to behave itself now. But it was certainly a good start.

Better than how India has dealt with others like Turkey.
I believe Mahathir's ouster had more to do with him trying to extort money from the Chinese by stalling the BRI, slashing costs and renegotiating the deal which was tilted entirely in favor of China.

People were literally cursing Mahathir for taking Malaysia back into the dark ages. They will know what dark ages really mean in the years, decades to come.

IndianYonko

Country flag
Very much relevant -

most probably the biggest benefit of whole India China Conflict till now

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
I was noticing similar question repeating from multiple people on SM.
Not getting into whether the news about nirbhay is correct or not.

Assuming it is true my take is that, it indicates two things:
1) There are targets beyond 500 km range, and IA does not want to follow a ballistic missile trajectory to hit those targets.
2) Since it takes atleast two years to fulfill any purchase of this kind, they are prepping for next round and getting nirbhay in place for next escalation, which is 3 years away anyways.

==========
Nirbhay test soon. Last test before induction...! Whats happening? Everyone thought, Nirbhay prog was closed as a TD & new programs launched for actual CM to be operationalise. Was this the plan all along or its the #IndiaChinaFaceOff which changed it?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I was noticing similar question repeating from multiple people on SM.
Not getting into whether the news about nirbhay is correct or not.

Assuming it is true my take is that, it indicates two things:
1) There are targets beyond 500 km range, and IA does not want to follow a ballistic missile trajectory to hit those targets.
2) Since it takes atleast two years to fulfill any purchase of this kind, they are prepping for next round and getting nirbhay in place for next escalation, which is 3 years away anyways.

==========
Nirbhay test soon. Last test before induction...! Whats happening? Everyone thought, Nirbhay prog was closed as a TD & new programs launched for actual CM to be operationalise. Was this the plan all along or its the #IndiaChinaFaceOff which changed it?

A stop gap measure perhaps. They will order some 500 odd ones to have a credible deterrence and then move on to better and improved versions of the same.
The new CM won't be materialized until 2025 and two more years for production and induction.
So Nirbhay will serve until then.

nick_indian

Country flag
I don’t know if India cutting palm oil imports alone was responsible for that, or if Malaysia is guaranteed to behave itself now. But it was certainly a good start.

Better than how India has dealt with others like Turkey.
The palm oil was not the reason for Mahathir's ouster but it was one of the factors. It did have a major impact on Malaysian economy, i was following their media that time and the public was against his rants against India.

Destrius

Country flag

The US military high command is quarantined. Regardless of any measures to ensure communication, the US military response time will still be affected. If China wants to start a war whether it be with India, Taiwan, or the South China Sea, they will likely do it from now till the end of November.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

The US military high command is quarantined. Regardless of any measures to ensure communication, the US military response time will still be affected. If China wants to start a war whether it be with India, Taiwan, or the South China Sea, they will likely do it from now till the end of November.
CKMKB..bhai.. bekar mein time barbad kar rahe ho.. The Ching chongs wont go to war anywhere..

@utubekhiladi can testify.. Its already 7th October.. :pound:

nick_indian

Country flag
I read in an article by HS Panag, that by their recent antics the Chinese have secured their claim line in Ladakh except in Demchok. So Demchok could be their next target, may be next year ?

Lancer

Bana
Country flag
Excellent News; God Bless the Gvt for actually looking out for troops and not sending them off into a potential war with the garbage INSAS.

Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 4.33.55 PM.png

etantra

Country flag
GT is not even in top 10 of CCP mouthpiece, it's have status of Saamna in China. Other than India no other country took it seriously. Faltu m bhav mil Raha hai isko India me.

Not only GT we should also ban reports from wire and quint, these are proven anti India platforms with lots of misinformation. Few freelance journalist also peddle fake news which was debunked in this forum. They should not be allowed here. Also references of PDF should be banned if there is an endeavour to make this forum of international level.
nope.. I see western media regularly refer to GT as the main mouthpiece.. a few other get mentioned at times.

lets hear your list out the Top 10 then if you are so sure of it.

Off late I have seen this attempt to separate GT from CCP so past bombastic GT views don't hurt CCP...

Cactus09

Country flag

Govt okays induction of nuke-capable Shaurya missile amid Ladakh standoff

Rudy123

Country flag
nope.. I see western media regularly refer to GT as the main mouthpiece.. a few other get mentioned at times.

lets hear your list out the Top 10 then if you are so sure of it.

Off late I have seen this attempt to separate GT from CCP so past bombastic GT views don't hurt CCP...
There is a list on internet which claims GT is at bureau level. Would like to say list does not include Chinese english newpapers.

Below list here supports GT is part of CCP and why to care about GT so called bombastic views. GT never stated any facts, showed grassland military exercises as preparation in tibet plateau.

These platforms are there to spread misinformation in common foreigners and few irrelevant journalist for sake of getting views resonate their propoganda.

We have few members who wants to increase reach of anti India propaganda by posting twitter links of GT instead of screenshots and YouTube video links of Shekhar Gupta almost on daily basis.

These platforms should be quoted for debunking and need to be taken seriously.

490134_1_En_6_Fig2_HTML.png

garg_bharat

Country flag
He only emphasise on limited cooperation. We are not like our neighbours, we don't need ruhani taqat to win our battles.

Chinese cooperations are short sighted, can give many examples worldwide. But in our neighbour Myanmar, Maldives and Bangladesh are good example. In geopolitical scenario despite having large land mass, their access to world market is limited same like Russia. They do need alliances in sea and they are free to do so but not at the cost of our country interest.

cooperation with USA will increase in near future but IAF chief does not want us to be satellite country.
India is participating in QUAD. This group is for mutual help in the war.
When you say 'Nobody will come to India's help', you are already destroying the objectives of QUAD.

QUAD is more at the idea stage right now and India can shape it the way it wants. So public proclamations from MEA or IAF Chief which show our reluctance to cooperate and will affect how QUAD works.

Our officers forget that others are trying to read our minds.

I think India should be ready for broad-based cooperation with other parties.

The USA did not make Japan and Germany a satellite after a military defeat. I fact both these countries developed very quickly after the war. It is a fake concern that the USA will make India a satellite.

Rudy123

Country flag
India is participating in QUAD. This group is for mutual help in the war.
When you say 'Nobody will come to India's help', you are already destroying the objectives of QUAD.

QUAD is more at the idea stage right now and India can shape it the way it wants. So public proclamations from MEA or IAF Chief which show our reluctance to cooperate and will affect how QUAD works.

Our officers forget that others are trying to read our minds.

I think India should be ready for broad-based cooperation with other parties.

The USA did not make Japan and Germany a satellite after a military defeat. I fact both these countries developed very quickly after the war. It is a fake concern that the USA will make India a satellite.
Primary objective of QUAD is to provide free and open navigation in Indo Pacific region. Untill now QUAD is not for involvement of everyone in war, but for mutual cooperation through other means, which can be understood through separate logistics sharing pacts.

In future QUAD will incorporate various other countries but for that QUAD needs to show it's importance.

IAF chief states we are self sufficient in protecting ourself which gives us a leverage in negotiating our terms in QUAD. By satellite nation, I meant that despite having big defence budget in NATO and casualties in Afghanistan many NATO countries does not have any say in peace process.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Country flag
Primary objective of QUAD is to provide free and open navigation in Indo Pacific region. Untill now QUAD is not for involvement of everyone in war, but for mutual cooperation through other means, which can be understood through separate logistics sharing pacts.
I still think without a formal institutionalization, a charter, and budgeting, Quad is still just posturing. They're still assuming that 11 is staging an elaborate bluff so he could fool the CCP and consolidate power to become dear leader.

Besides an emergency response (to a situation such as a PRC invasion of Taiwan), the US is in election mode and won't do much for the Quad. India has utilized agreements within the Quad to good effect by sealing the IOR off to quantitative PLAN activity. Japan is still figuring out what to do with all this, as Suga-Daddy isn't in favor of an "Asian NATO." Australia has very limited strategic depth.

But if the Quad is institutionalized like NATO, it will outman, outgun, outspend, and outnuke even a hypothetical PRC+Pakistan+Russia combine.

Poseidon

Country flag
I read in an article by HS Panag, that by their recent antics the Chinese have secured their claim line in Ladakh except in Demchok. So Demchok could be their next target, may be next year ?
Their claim line not secured in Chushul too if Chinese maps are to be believed and some reports say their claim line in north Pangong is near finger 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles