India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

another_armchair

Country flag
Funny you mention this even today we have not caught up because of those policies.
Welfare is deeply ingrained in our psyche.

My uncle had reached a pretty senior post in Tata Steel when he retired. He is extremely upset with the way the company conducts itself these days. No free chai naashta, no long breaks, strict time schedules, two years of probation, no faltu OT for leeches to claim extra money. All his ire is at the 'heartless corporate' mindset.
Aside, he was also a part of the union.

The general tendency among elders is youngsters, even if right shouldn't open their mouths because 'ye duniya dekhe he kidhar hain...'?
I finally make him see sense because he simply doesn't accept globalization is a threat and Tata should continue hiring children of its ex employees, a la reservation. On one hand he opposes reservation in Govt. jobs, on the other he supports succession in Tata Steel. It is an old trait - Chit bhi meri, patt bhi meri.

Our selfishness will be our doom one day. Hoarding for coming generations and leaving nothing for the rest.

We cannot be a welfare state forever. The most vulnerable have to be taken care of and the Govt. is doing more than its bit. For the rest, the Govt. needs to remove maximum hurdles created by babudom to ensure they earn a respectable living to at least sustain themselves.

LETHALFORCE

Country flag
Everybody was shocked by the recent news that the US Air Force is already flying the prototype of the NGAD, the 6th generation fighter. It went from a frozen design to first flight in 1 year!! They made the announcement after the first flight had already occurred. In contrast HAL babus will proudly make an announcement that something is going to happen in 3 years!!. And then nothing happens in 3 years and the MD or whoever has made that announcement has actually retired 2. 5 years after that announcement!! Until the next MD makes another bombastic announcement:)
MRCA took 20 years .

omaebakabaka

Everybody was shocked by the recent news that the US Air Force is already flying the prototype of the NGAD, the 6th generation fighter. It went from a frozen design to first flight in 1 year!! They made the announcement after the first flight had already occurred. In contrast HAL babus will proudly make an announcement that something is going to happen in 3 years!!. And then nothing happens in 3 years and the MD or whoever has made that announcement has actually retired 2. 5 years after that announcement!! Until the next MD makes another bombastic announcement:)
I will be bit more merciful than you and give them an option to redeem themselves with Tejas mk2 on time with plus or minus 2 years

Narsimha

Country flag
I will tell you this, where I come from most would die rather than leave including women and certain communities know not to mess with us. I already gave you an example, Tamils fought the entire nation and took out even Indian PM that acted as traitor. It is 2 decades and not a peep from these pandits, they got comfortable in Delhi I guess. Retreating to Jammu and symbolically taking out those who occupied their property would be one way to make it personal. Win or lose is not the first thing in warriors mind, it is doing what needs to be done to preserve honor.
Rajiv Gandhi wasn't exactly PM at the time of his death afaik.

DutchZZ

Country flag
Chongs are crying about Hu's, from GT, admission of deaths.

Someone should tell them about this -

"American intelligence believes 35 Chinese troops died, including one senior officer, a source familiar with that assessment tells U.S. News."

And this -

"India Today TV has learnt that the tactical debrief on the ground -- a kind of First Information Report on the incident -- records 16 Chinese Army bodies handed back to the Chinese side after brawl No.3, including 5 officers. The debrief report does not specify if the Chinese Commanding Officer of the unit was among these five."

mokoman

Country flag
What are the chances Pangong Tso situation ending like Galwan.

In Galwan they removed all their camps and moved back from site of June Clash.

In order to save face we had to do same,move back a bit.

This could also end in similar scenario .

Why did they move back in Galwan anyway ? , triangle camp is well within their offical claim lines,

What ever happened to Chinese superiority ?

Their actual claim lines still further well inside indian territory there , they basically gave up and moved back.

:hmm: How much km did they gain any way , even after withdrawal ?

Could happen in Pangong Tso too.

Umang Shukla

Country flag
dont know if I should ask this here..
how long does a LCA aircraft take to manufacture.
Can we have mass production of aircrafts like US did in 2nd world war (initially were inferior to Germany)

they declared they will make 50k warplanes and actually made 100k warplanes by the end of 2nd world war

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Galwan number= 165
Take my word for what its worth
Jai Hind
Counting numbers is a slippery slope. Indian government has refrained from counting the numbers. IAF refused to mention the numbers post Balakot strikes. Counting numbers suits rouge nations. Professional armies value military objectives and quality of fight their soldiers fought with.

There were few members here who claim to be insiders-know everything types reacted after News broke on MSM and declared India as a loser because of low Chinese numbers. Chinese never gave the numbers and their denial was used against the Indian Government as If GoI owes the burden of Chinese lies.

Half of the Ideas Global Times publishes against us are picked up from meltdowns of Indians and Indian discourse dominated by egoistic experts. Therefore it is important for us to focus on military objectives, intent and resolve shown by our soldiers than taking the bait of the Chinese propaganda machinery.

another_armchair

Country flag
dont know if I should ask this here..
how long does a LCA aircraft take to manufacture.
Can we have mass production of aircrafts like US did in 2nd world war (initially were inferior to Germany)

they declared they will make 50k warplanes and actually made 100k warplanes by the end of 2nd world war
If GoI commits that kind of money and pays an advance upfront, we may produce the 16 planes per year as promised.

cereal killer

Country flag
Do you not know Tamilians fighting in SL for decades until the congress gov sabotaged them and took away our leverage on SL which ultimately led to Chinese influence to a certain extent. What concrete example you need? Names of people?
OK I get it you are maybe a Tamilian questioning Kashmiri hindus. Tamilians got arms from Ukraine, China & other bunch to fight their war. Did Kashmiri hindus got anything remotely close to that? The answer is no. Without arms they'd have been sitting ducks as well.
Comparison of both these situations is absurd.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
China is also bankrolling the Russian campaign in ME.

India has had a pretty hands off approach with Russia while they have consistently pressured us into buying their weapon systems, most of which are cold war era with a facelift.

Don't be surprised if Paki's get hold of two-three squadrons of Su-35's provided they have the money.

If Biden becomes President, we would be staring at a 3 front war. :pound:

I don't mind this relationship with Russia - No permanent friends but permanent interests.
One good thing that happened was the sale of Essar oil to Rosneft and paring some debt.
China will never be a superpower until it captures Taiwan.. It is imperative for its future that it breaks the first island chain . If China breaks through the first island chain, US is finished in the western pacific.. and by 2050 might even have to vacate Guam.
So, even if Biden is elected President, apart from occasional sermons about being liberal and human rights. Biden will behave.. thats why Kissinger was sucking up to Modi..

Last edited:

omaebakabaka

OK I get it you are maybe a Tamilian questioning Kashmiri hindus. Tamilians got arms from Ukraine, China & other bunch to fight their war. Did Kashmiri hindus got anything remotely close to that? The answer is no. Without arms they'd have been sitting ducks as well.
Comparison of both these situations is absurd.
Huh, that is very weird conclusion. I am not from south. I guess Hindi speaking Indian like me is not expected to be aware of what happens/happened in rest of the India or world? Courage and intent to revenge/vengence is the pre-requisite and then everything else is tool, if they asked they would have gotten the arms. Tamil refugees just did not relax in Delhi. Your answer is not worth discussing anymore,

Proxy1234

Country flag
Yes Sir, Mahadev stoped them... Mahadev.... Mahadev,,,
Maybe the General of WTC panicked after Galwan clash, the ferocity of which they didn't expect, that too to their "Special forces". They thought more of it is going to come, hence you could see a flurry of propaganda stating that Indian Army is weak and they have prisoners (not directly, but through indirect channels, at the same time not mentioning that India has got prisoners too) and trying to demoralise Indian public....
What happened to Gen Zongqi? Is he still in command? If not, then this is the answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles