India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

sorcerer

Country flag
Aditya Raj Kaul
@AdityaRajKaul

Indian Army making all arrangements for essential supplies to reach forward areas and heights of Eastern Ladakh along the LAC with China ahead of winters. Massive logistical arrangements made by Indian Air Force and Army for the supplies to reach even the remotest area.

In response to China’s actions, Indian troops ready for long haul in Ladakh

India is making vigorous attempts to provide logistics support to its forward deployed soldiers in the eastern Ladakh sector, where more than 50,000 Indian troops are likely to remain stationed through the winter months to deal with any provocation by the Chinese forces, with no end in sight to the tense border standoff, people familiar with the developments said on Tuesday.

omaebakabaka

"There is a dire need to push the pension age from current 15 years to 25 years...One need to look for ways to reduce this pension / main .

This is slowly becoming a scam IMO. A guy gets enrolled at 20... spends his time training and studying.. completes 15 years to get pension at age of 35 and than gets enrolled as teacher in govt school or in a bank.. "
When someone is risking their life and prime of their life, they atleast deserve a pension for rest of their life. This is fair. Because of them rest of the country sleeps at night....officer level people do need restrictions on type of employment for a duration of time like 10 years in some industries like media or mnc's and so on to temper the urge to make money or get publicity

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
He is still much better than Generalfeldmarschall Pravin Sawinestein. The Swine is beyond redemption.
I know, many retired professionals have been like this in the recent past. Rather focusing on adversaries we waste time understanding their dog whistling and agenda.

Leave alone taking names, the way they have been operating and trying decrypt military matters one can easily incur that sample to be not different from other sectors of administration, polity or private people.

Obviously, there are high expectations because we are told that they are wheeled out to become special fabric. The kind of influence they have and the following they command they are only diving the people not connecting by being controversial and speaking out of turn.

Arbit

Country flag
Russia loses India, they lost 70% of their arms exports?
It's not that simple. They support our Sukhoi fleet and our sole Chakra is also provided and supported by them.
There is a latent dependency that needs to be handled in a calibrated manner. Now that we are buying S 400, we shall be dependent on them for missiles also! Beat that.

In a way its good we decided against Su 57.

Wean away slowly till then it will be a game of friendly tug of war.
But yes I am of the view that russians can be 'sensitized' towards our needs with behavioral 'conditioning'. If you know what i mean. Thats what Doval has done.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Indian Army RFI wants a missile launcher Whap not a BMP turret whap.... Is it possible to mount six missile launchers as well as turret ... how does one fit the gunner? you will need two of them separate for canon and missiles...
Has a new RFI been issued after 22 November 2019.
(e) Armament.
(i) Two twin lr ATGM with capability of fire and forget, tandem warhead
to achieve a min penetration of 650mm of RHA beyond ERA day & night firing
capability, hit probability of more than 90%, minimum achievable range not
more than 500m and maximum range not less than 4 km in direct firing
mode.
(ii) In top attack mode minimum achievable range not more than
1100m and maximum range not less than 4 km.
(iii) Provision of a man portable ground ATGM launcher in addition to the
vehicle mounted ATGM, capable of firing same ATGM as mounted on the Wh
AFV (R & Sp). Provision of a portable launcher to fire same missile by
dismounted troops.
(iv) Provision of internal stowage of eight additional missiles.
(v) Main Gun & Secondary Armament. 30mm Cannon with 7.62mm
Coaxial Machine Gun (both weapons should be capable of firing in service
ammunition). (Remote Controlled Weapon Station is desirable). Internal
Stowage of 500 rounds of 30 mm ammunition & 2000 rounds of 7.62 mm
ammunition.
(vii) Smoke Grenade Dischargers. Provision of Six tubes of Smoke
Grenade Discharger, Three each on both sides of the Turret. Capable of firing
in-service 81MM Smoke Grenades.

Attachments

omaebakabaka

It's not that simple. They support our Sukhoi fleet and our sole Chakra is also provided and supported by them.
There is a latent dependency that needs to be handled in a calibrated manner. Now that we are buying S 400, we shall be dependent on them for missiles also! Beat that.

In a way its good we decided against Su 57.

Wean away slowly till then it will be a game of friendly tug of war.
But yes I am of the view that russians can be 'sensitized' towards our needs with behavioral 'conditioning'. If you know what i mean. Thats what Doval has done.
Agreed, it will be a deliberate moving away over a period of time and with China going domestic, there are not that many customers they can hope for if India moves away with weight or volume.....if they get cozy with terror group imagine SCO with Pak being on gray list of FATF.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Ayy mate most of the budget goes to Salaries, Pensions and Maintenance.
Regardless I think we can do much better in small amount of budget given we rely heavily upon Indigenous Industry. We can justify large expenditure in procurement if we buy our own and pay our own.

Things Like
BPJ, Vest
Helmets
Guns, Sidearms
Knee cap, elbow cap
Helmet
Gloves, Googles
Optics and NVG.

all of these are basic requirement of soldier and arent rocket science to make just implementation and execution needs to be right.
If say we spend 20 billion in procuring local maall than all of the money will end up back in the economy. Basically its like investing in you own family members businesses.

fighter jets, tanks and ships take time and planning but small things that a foot soldier needs should be sorted out immediately.

I was just tying to give a figure it can be any gun that fits our bill.
I have been saying this time and again. It is a matter of great shame that where our border of more than six thousand km is in mountains and highaltitutde icy cold ares, have dedicated ordinance factory for making high altitude clothing and have dedicated Lab to carryout resrch in that field, we are importing high altitude equipement.

We should have been there largest exporter of that equipment. We should have had the best high altitude equipment in the world. A country with the largest peaks, largest mountairing adventure visitors, Banus in Delhi are happy doing politics and finding ways and means to subjugate the soldiers rather than help the,

Where is made in India and atmanirbhar where even ECCI capability of the country has been completely sabotaged by Ordinance Factory Kanpur and DRDO labs. No one is bothered about it.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
So much of hatred is not good for your health.... I brought out earlier there are many in that category including people Like Daulata, Shyam Saran... but I have never seen a single post from you pointing that out...

But you have written at least twenty posts against Panag, Shukla etc not to refute their points which would be welcome but deride and abuse them for being Ex-servicemen....

Probably you belong to that category who consider soldiers or ex-soldiers as slaves not fit to be citizens..... No way.
I think you were not active when I criticized Daulat. I actually I named him semi-loose cannon. Sham Sharan has never come across my eye TBH.

Again I will not answer you personal attacks or putting words In my mouth. I have great respect for you. Some bantering can slip out here and there but my regard for you will remain positive unconditionally.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
(e) Armament.
mode.
dismounted troops.
ammunition.
OK does that mention a turret and canon .... can a missile launcher be fitted there along with a turret....
That was the question ....

omaebakabaka

(e) Armament.
mode.
dismounted troops.
ammunition.
Seriously it is a shame we can't produce these things inhouse at least the non top mode ones. Relatively simple ideas and master in military science.

Knowitall

I believe Doval walking out of SCO NSA Meet is also a signal to Russia, to not overestimate its leverage over India..

Nobody here seems to mention it so I will.

India should not have been the one leaving.

If one is to go by the rules it was pakistan which acted in clear violation of these said rules.

As the host it's their duty that decorum is maintained instead they decided to watch the whole thing as a mute spectator. This mist tell India a lot about Russia.

Russia was supposed to kick them out the meeting not watch them run this charade.

1-2 media articles casting doubts on s-400 should be a good start.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
OK does that mention a turret and canon .... can a missile launcher be fitted there along with a turret....
That was the question ....
The WhAP with its BMP-2 turret offers a new generation of combat vehicle offering a high level of protection, mobility based on an 8x8 chassis and firepower with the turret armed with a stabilized 30 mm cannon 2A42 and a 7.62 mm PKT coaxial machine gun mounted to the left of the main armament with 2,000 rounds. Mounted on the turret roof between the gunner's and commander's hatches is a launcher for an AT-4 Spigot or AT-5 Spandrel ATGM (Anti-Tank Guided Missile) which has a maximum range of 4,000m

omaebakabaka

Nobody here seems to mention it so I will.

India should not have been the one leaving.

If one is to go by the rules it was pakistan which acted in clear violation of these said rules.

Russia was supposed to kick them out the meeting not watch them run this charade.

1-2 media articles casting doubts on s-400 should be a good start.
This a message to few on the other side. I think timing is not right for us to participate in that at the moment anyway considering its ineffectiveness.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Those are the openings and border points of respective five to seven valleys in RAPL = Asaphila, Longju, Bisa, Tadadige, Hadigra Dakru, Ditchu Kibithu, Fish Tale and India China Myanmar junction. There are only selected and known places of Chinese activities in RALP and not all places are connected with road heads.

ITBP and troops of 3 Corps are quite adequate to deal with any Chinese intrusion there. I think this is also an appropriate time for then to straighten some areas..

omaebakabaka

Ruskis are in damage control mode. They know they fucked up in hosting the meet, and risk overplaying their leverage as @Shashank Nayak pointed out.

Pakistan will get some form of response for this stunt.
India should switch to Ashoka time map or the time when we had the maximum territory since fictitious maps are in fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles