India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hijibiji

Country flag
Keep in mind the if clause i put in my statement.
in effect you are saying anyone can slap us around anytime they wish and there will be no retaliation.
blocking a potential ingress is not a retaliation, it is a defensive move.
Classic Gandhi syndrome ;)

omaebakabaka

Did i say they cant be taken seriously in my previous post.. If the chinese are trained well in mountainering and mountain warfare they need to be taken seriously.. Acclimatization is a pre-requisite for survival in those altitudes, not the distinguising factor.
Correct, some posts not necessarily yours kinda go pretty insane level claims pretty consistently....my urge was to moderate those claims a little bit

Hijibiji

Country flag
Correct, some posts not necessarily yours kinda go pretty insane level claims pretty consistently....my urge was to moderate those claims a little bit
Being "moderate" reminds me of "moderate" leaders of Congress Platform in pre-independence India :D
Of course moderation is a good thing, especially on a forum.

sachincba

Country flag
General Bakshi has made a very sensible comment- do we want to keep 60 thousand forces for next 30 winters in that area, just to stop Chinese from taking land from India. Or should we go kinetic like 1967?

In my opinion, going Kinetic is better option. They learnt the 1967 lesson and remembered it for 50 years. This time again we can teach them the lesson that they will remember for next 50 years.

However, as General Bakshi said, these have to be based on cold calculations but the principle cannot be compromised. The principle is that India cannot be bullied.

johnq

That's pretty hardcore generalization of entire PLAAF, #1 rule do not underestimate enemy, #2 rule do not underestimate your enemy and #3 same....

If we go by your analysis then looks like no one can stop us from taking Beijing I guess.....you have provided no proof to your claims. We are a good match to them in capabilities and excel in some and inferior in some when it comes to air warfare. We have a few crashes of our own....same Russian planes and engines. Does that mean our pilots are bad? May be its me, I like to be modest in claims as that makes me to give more attention to understanding things around me....
It's not that Indian Air Force is perfect. It has also had maintenance issues, as well as crashes. The difference is that the Indian Air Force did not reduce its pilots training flight hours. The PLAAF values the plane more than the pilot, so they started relying more on simulator training. Plus thanks to Parrikar, they really focused on the maintenance issues. The point I was trying to make was that the PLAAF is not the perfect air force that the Chinese fanboys portray with their shiny brochures. They have serious issues. It's just that they are better at hiding them, due to the Chinese government's propaganda. The other point I was trying to make was that Indian Air Force is not behind in technology. It's just that they don't advertise everything they have, unlike the Chinese shiny brochures. Regardless, in my experience, it's the pilots that make the difference. And Indian Air Force pilots are much better trained than PLAAF.

omaebakabaka

It's not that Indian Air Force is perfect. It has also had maintenance issues, as well as crashes. The difference is that the Indian Air Force did not reduce its pilots training flight hours. Plus thanks to Parrikar, they really focused on the maintenance issues. The point I was trying to make was that the PLAAF is not the perfect air force that the Chinese fanboys portray with their shiny brochures. They have serious issues. It's just that they are better at hiding them, due to the Chinese government's propaganda. The other point I was trying to make was that Indian Air Force is not behind in technology. It's just that they don't advertise everything they have, unlike the Chinese shiny brochures. Regardless, in my experience, it's the pilots that make the difference. And Indian Air Force pilots are much better trained than PLAAF.
Its just that they have numbers and build those things in house....if only we had Tejas mk2 ready to sport in numbers or manufactured as war dictates in numbers. Quality and experience wise IAF shines over PLAAF.

johnq

Its just that they have numbers and build those things in house....if only we had Tejas mk2 ready to sport in numbers or manufactured as war dictates in numbers. Quality and experience wise IAF shines over PLAAF.
The numbers game is not really in their favor, mainly because they have to keep a large number of their airforce committed to their eastern border (because of US, Japan and Taiwan). Plus if there is an air war, then their maintenance issues will also limit how many hours their aircraft can spend in the air versus being maintained/repaired on the ground. This is one reason why I am in favor of more aircraft with western engines, such as Tejas MK1A. I think the MK1A will be quite good due to its AESA radar, integrated ECM combined with small radar and infrared signature, and low wing loading for high altitude maneuvering.

Country flag
The numbers game is not really in their favor, mainly because they have to keep a large number of their airforce committed to their eastern border (because of US, Japan and Taiwan). Plus if there is an air war, then their maintenance issues will also limit how many hours their aircraft can spend in the air versus being maintained/repaired on the ground. This is one reason why I am in favor of more aircraft with western engines, such as Tejas MK1A. I think the MK1A will be quite good due to its AESA radar, integrated ECM combined with small radar and infrared signature, and low wing loading for high altitude maneuvering.

Why do they have to keep a part of their airforce on eastern seaboard??

It's not like they are currently at war with Japan or USA.

Nor they will capitalize this opportunity to declare war on cyna.

Bhadra

Country flag
Not only potential ingress by China is blocked.. but their Moldo garrison is rendered useless. And the chinese can now mount a credible defence against an Indian attack only at Rutog.. Spanggur bowl is ours whenever we decide to attack after consolidating our position on the newly taken ridges..
The situation on the Chinese side is not so pathetic.
There are good commanding heights well spread out just near and North of Moldo emanating somewhere ner Rechin la going westward, Then there are good commanding heith North East of Moldo which are with Chinese. Defence with those features can be mounted.

Proximity and domination is not anything exclusive only here. In Doklam we dominate their almost every post still the faceoff continues there, At many other places such as in Sikkim or their camp Nagdoh below Bum La are under Indian domination. Still, they continue to be in those areas.

The only difference this time around is the fear of Indian occupation as their asses will not be protected by agreements and they will not openly masturbate in your sight on duty stations. They will be very apprehensive. Chinese when they get afraid, they get very afraid.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
USA.Military reports on INDIA china situation

the following points are confirmed by them

- this is first INDIA's offensive move
- 1000 of soldiers climbed peaks for more then 6 hours to claim vantage point in south lake
- on Saturday evening, around 500 Chinese troops crossed the line - 3 hour hand-2-hand combat occurred. the attack was repelled by IA

Bhadra

Country flag
Being "moderate" reminds me of "moderate" leaders of Congress Platform in pre-independence India :D
Of course moderation is a good thing, especially on a forum.
Naram Dal and Garam Dal can not be translated as Moderate and Violant,

Destrius

Country flag
USA.Military reports on INDIA china situation

the following points are confirmed by them

- this is first INDIA's offensive move
- 1000 of soldiers climbed peaks for more then 6 hours to claim vantage point in south lake
- on Saturday evening, around 500 Chinese troops crossed the line - 3 hour hand-2-hand combat occurred. the attack was repelled by IA

Is this credible? Why is there hand to hand combat? I thought ROE changed after Galwan clash.

johnq

Why do they have to keep a part of their airforce on eastern seaboard??

It's not like they are currently at war with Japan or USA.

Nor they will capitalize this opportunity to declare war on cyna.
China has built airbases on disputed islands in the South China Sea, even though the international court has declared these airbases illegal. The US is waiting for an opportunity to take these out. I think China knows this too (plus they are paranoid when it comes to the US Navy being near their eastern cities), so they will keep a sizable amount of their airforce on the eastern border. That is my current assessment.

Country flag
China has built airbases on disputed islands in the South China Sea, even though the international court has declared these airbases illegal. The US is waiting for an opportunity to take these out. I think China knows this too (plus they are paranoid when it comes to the US), so they will keep a sizable amount of their airforce on the eastern border. At least that is my assessment.

Isn't that an act of war??

And if US stationed its troops on those islands, then what's stopping cyna to attack those troops with its own landings or even missile barrage?

Na mate I feel like if war happened cyna would use its full force against India and it wouldn't bother much about those islands as they are close enough that even if captured by US, they can't hold them for much longer and eventually cyna will capture them.....again.

Status
Not open for further replies.