India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkos

Country flag
I'm referring to the stories from Vishnu Som, Nitin Gokhale and Saurav Jha. Couldn't careless about satellite imagery, I've made the same point that tracks mean little considering India undertook a mountaineering assault hence tracks wouldn't show up.
They are themselves are basing their analysis from satellite images. They are as blind as any of us. Even the retired officers don't know much. Interpreting and analyzing satellite images is a specialized task and requires tons of experience.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Do you understand English?

How many times do I have to keep saying to you that I still believe those heights are in Indian hands?

I'm referring to the stories from Vishnu Som, Nitin Gokhale and Saurav Jha. Couldn't careless about satellite imagery, I've made the same point that tracks mean little considering India undertook a mountaineering assault hence tracks wouldn't show up.
That's a somersault by you sir ZZ. You said so many things in English but you meant only one thing.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
What will satellite images reveal?

A "track" is not created over night, until and unless thousands of troops have moved on the ridge. That is mountain warfare 101

I can challenge any Tom, Dick, Harry and Nathan on that aspect.

If the analysis is using 'tracks' all the best.

I merely posted one redacted image of mine in twitter, climbing up a 70 degree gradient, starting point at elevation of 11000 ft and topping off after 6 hours of climb up the sheer slope, to reach halfway to destination, at 19000 ft.

No track exists there .... :)

The actual track, a mule track that can be expanded into a motorable track, is not seen and is a long winding track.

That can be seen in the satellite images.
One more thing.. Are Indian and Chinese Arctic tents.. or whichever tent they use on the ridges near Spanggur Tso, are they distinct from each other to be differentiable on say 1 metre or 50 cm resolution commercial satellite imagery..?

Knowitall

personally i cant bring myself to trust nitin gokhale and his claims.

it's not even about following the govt line this is the same person that claimed that the camp in galwan was Indian and not chinese. Everyone else claimed otherwise and he still stuck to his claim and took everyone for a ride.

finally after a few weeks the water level rose and half the camp was washed away. whatever remained of the camp was dismantled and taken away by the chinese and the galwan issue was declared as resolved. Even after this he never accepted that he was spreading lies or that he was wrong. the whole thing was like an ego issue to him even after being proved wrong he would keep claiming that he was right by hook or crook.

and once the chinese retreated he suddenly fell silent completely throwing the issue under the bus.

there is every chance that this guy is lying once again or trying to defend it. people here must be cautious while taking his info at face value.

Last edited:

SimplyIndian

Country flag
Now, I said IF it's not been taken then the analyses produced by other Lt Gens makes me come to the conclusion it is a f*ck up. IF.

HOWEVER, I have also said, for the fourth time now, that it would make no sense. That ITBP map clearly had Black and Helmat Top BOTH marked out clearly. Why do it unless it's Psy Ops or they actually took it? Makes no sense. All those stories of SFF and trashing monitoring equipment, makes no sense if they didn't take it.
if nothing is making sense then guess what is missing....
You have not answered Why Gloabal times saying India is crossing LAC and behaving as aggressor?

Troll alert .....

mahesh

Country flag

If helmet top is in Chinese control, then they have a close, bird's eye view of chushul.
helmet top and its shores are important.

Knowitall

omaebakabaka

all we need is one confirmed report or action by the chinese which will determine who was lying or being honest all this time.
Let's wait for that and until then offer insights in case we have it and in case we don't have it when attack starts from either side. That would be more interesting than this debate about BT or HT

Status
Not open for further replies.