IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

trisonics

Country flag
Today's release of statements and radar screens were not for the general public. Every airforce will understand what these radar screens mean including the PAF. The only way to counter this claim is to call it a doctored image.

Now, any reporter claiming to make a mark on this issue will think a 100 times since he/she can't be sure of what radar operators and militaries understand from these grabs.

We should see reports not making inferences from these but of course, Pakistan will try all it can to prove this is false but will also know India has more evidence. They will be running around for support now.

India has held the best cards close to her chest. The mind-game has backfired for the Pakis now! The second-pilot issue is more on Paki's minds than anybody else's.

Notice how the Chinese are distancing themselves from all this?

trisonics

Country flag
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">But if it had detonated and hit, wouldn’t it have been totally destroyed?</p>&mdash; Lara Seligman (@laraseligman) <a href="">April 8, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

She seems to be running around clueless asking others on how to continue her propaganda

bose

Country flag
He knows that dude, looks like you couldn't grasp the 2nd last paragraph clearly..
I was not responding to anyone's post ... my take is ...

I have been emphasizing the point again and again for very long time ... The people at ground had clearly said that they saw three pilots coming down ...

White Wolf

Country flag

I have been emphasizing the point again and again for very long time ... The people at ground had clearly said that they saw three pilots coming down ...
Yes bro we got it, it's obvious.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Could be old model F16 with one pilot and other ejection seat Parachute. Plus Abhi. So there could be three Parachutes but two pilots.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">But if it had detonated and hit, wouldn’t it have been totally destroyed?</p>&mdash; Lara Seligman (@laraseligman) <a href="">April 8, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

She seems to be running around clueless asking others on how to continue her propaganda
#LearnToCount should be the hashtag dedicated to her...

Jameson Emoni

#LearnToCount should be the hashtag dedicated to her...
I have been meaning to get on Twitter for quite sometime now but for some reason that format of exchanging idea does not appeal to me. I prefer blogging or strategic discussion forums like this one.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
We are simply revolving around the 2nd pilot, however there was a 3rd pilot who was also pakistani.

There was 1 Indian pilot and 2 pakistani pilots, one paki pilot got killed, other has disappeared due to isi. Also, there could be two PAF planes down if the F16 shot down by Mig21 wasn't a twin seater.

Enquirer

It's funny that this babe's entire career has been a 'military aviation correspondent' but doesn't know how a air-to-air missile works!! :) :)

Either she's completely dumb or she's intentionally misdirecting people!

(Seeker rarely get damaged when the explosive, behind the seeker, explodes. Seekers don't smash into the aircraft)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It's funny that this babe's entire career has been a 'military aviation correspondent' but doesn't know how a air-to-air missile works!! :) :)

Either she's completely dumb or she's intentionally misdirecting people!

(Seeker rarely get damaged when the explosive, behind the seeker, explodes. Seekers don't smash into the aircraft)
There is a reason most female war correspondents tend to focus on feelings like misery during their coverage and male correspondents give numbers, direction, kind of equipment , distance etc etc...

This woman made an entire career focussing only on misery of war
Clarissa ward...

Neptune

Country flag
Went on Pakistan Defense Forum.

They claimed 2 Indian SU-30MKI pilots died in car crash in Kashmir :lol:

They claimed radar image is fake.

They are still flaunting anonymous magazine sources that supposedly the US confirmed a count of Pakistani F-16s vindicate Pakistan but ignored the fact the the US rebuked that any counts took place.

They are calling the Indian Air Force pathological liars and unprofessional but ignored how the highest military and political personnel in Pakistan went on twitter and other social media claiming 3 pilots were downed, then two, then one, then two aircraft were shot down, then two pilots were captured, then one pilot died. Then their pilots posted videos in which they were chanting and showing off SU-30mki kill insignia (extremely unprofessional). Then they claimed no F-16 was used, after that they claimed their entire Pakistani Air Force was up that day, then they said they can use anything they want to protect themselves.

Then they claimed Lockheed was going to sue India (Lockheed rebuked them) then they claimed the missile India found was from Taiwan (Taiwan officially rebuked Pakistan). Then they tweeted some unnamed US source claiming all F-16s were counted which was later rebuked by the US state department. Still sad that Pakistan had to rely on fake magazine stories instead of releasing something official from the US.

Arsalan123

radar image is perfect but i think the target that vanished after 8 sec was electronic decoy and not f-16.pakistan should also release information.this mystery is getting perplexing day by day.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
radar image is perfect but i think the target that vanished after 8 sec was electronic decoy and not f-16.pakistan should also release information.this mystery is getting perplexing day by day.
What is an electronic decoy? What does it look like..

itsme

Country flag
R73 is a heat seeker, it will not lock on to an electronic decoy that is only for radar guided BVRs. From this one thing is clear. Pak has mastered the art of lying and cover up.

Enquirer

Buddy! Firstly, I doubt if Paki Air Force has towed decoys!
Secondly, decoys will help fool a SAM/AAM that have low powered RF emitters/receivers - because they need to lock onto only one target. On the other hand, AWACS radars are so powerful that they'll see EVERYTHING - both the plane & the decoy(if present)

Also decoys are towed 1-2 kms behind the aircraft...even if Mig21's R73 busted a decoy then the F16 aircraft would still be visible on AWACS!

Pakis are coming up with weird excuses. Next they'll say that they hacked into the Phalcon AWACS and embedded false data :) :)

Does it seem weird that all these excuses are coming up only after India keeps exhibiting proof - all of which it had claimed on the day of the incident itself that it had. There are no surprises/gotchas!

Paki army/ISPR/Media/awam is generally twisting in their own panties to come up with newer narratives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles