IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
When you have Ghafoora go from 3 to 1 pilot and show wreckage of only 1 plane, you know who is lying.

Thing is westerners have a soft spot for Pakis because of cold war association and Iraq - Afghanistan misadventures. Combined with left wing narratives spun in India of 'shitting streets' and 'communal disharmony', image of India is deliberately lowered.

Fact is India went deep into Pakistan, dropped bombs and took out terrorist bases, prevented a PAF counter attack and even took down an F 16 at the loss of a MiG 21, a plane whose phase-out starts this year!
Except that I'm not a Westerner and I don't have a soft spot for Pakis. I don't like Islamic nut jobs.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I don't know why that theory is being repeated so many time

The very obvious problem with that theory is that: the wreckage where he got the series number from, is literally the other side of Mig-21 fuselage wreckage, and you can see that in the video as well. That why i said people are so eager with their confirmatory bias rather than to examine the evidence in details.

Ouch!! Why did it hurt so much?

I only said Jordanian F-16 resold to Pakistan has F-110 which has Grid Patterns on it HOT/WET section.

StealthFlanker

Country flag
Ouch!! Why did it hurt so much?

I only said Jordanian F-16 resold to Pakistan has F-110 which has Grid Patterns on it HOT/WET section.
They bought F-16 A/B, hence no F-110 GE engine => no grid pattern
https://www.dawn.com/news/1102621
And no, i am not hurt, i don't even like these Paki terrorist
But, fact is fact, i don't like it when people spread random twitter hoax as fact

mayfair

Another aspect of the image is a large patch of burnt grass behind the wreckage that the Baki officer is looking at.

The Mig wreck clearly has green grass all around. Then what caused the grass to be burned?

StealthFlanker

Country flag
Another aspect of the image is a large patch of burnt grass behind the wreckage that the Baki officer is looking at.

The Mig wreck clearly has green grass all around. Then what caused the grass to be burned?
Do you mean this 2 images aren't the same object?

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Even if what you're saying is true about this Jordanian F-16 transfer to PAF, still a crash engine will look like this :
Not always.

Especially not when targeted by an IR guided missile which specifically targets the nozzle area of the engine of a targetted jet.

The fact is Wing Co. Abhi fired at a fleeing F-16. What are the chances that R-73E did make a direct hit at the engine of F-16? Such a hit would severely destroy any jet up in the air not mentioning critically injuring pilot.

Which recalls me the fact as stated by DGISPR Gafoora that second pilot has been admitted to CMS.

The semi-conscious pilot landed with a tricolor parachute thrashed to death before dying at CMS.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Not always.

Especially not when targeted by an IR guided missile which specifically targets the nozzle area of the engine of a targetted jet.

The fact is Wing Co. Abhi fired at a fleeing F-16. What are the chances that R-73E did make a direct hit at the engine of F-16? Such a hit would severely destroy any jet up in the air not mentioning critically injuring pilot.

Which recalls me the fact as stated by DGISPR Gafoora that second pilot has been admitted to CMS.

The semi-conscious pilot landed with a tricolor parachute thrashed to death before dying at CMS.

I actually took down my post although I did not notice that it was still attached to my later reply.

Archer

Country flag
If there were other wreckage inside Pakistan from that encounter then it'll eventually come out. Maybe not right away. Not even ISI can completely prevent leaks in the age of internet connectivity.
You are right in theory, but remember the Taliban knocked out 3 AEW&C in PAF service. Blew up one, damaged two. Did it come out? No.. it finally "leaked" because of a Pakistani politician asking for funds in Parliament and some Swedish paper mentioning the extra business coming Swedens way.
In Kargil, India literally shamed Pakistan into taking 8 regular Pakistani soldiers back.. they were unclaimed & a secret PAF jet came to pick them up after India threatened it would start releasing recordings of those men to the WW media.
Pakistan is NOT a normal country. The PAF is integral to the average Pakistani's myth making about his invincible country & the loss of a F-16 to a MiG-21 will not be taken well.
In this milieu, the ISI will do all it can and has already, to prevent this news from leaking.

India can shame Pakistan by having WingCo Varthaman repeat his briefing to the wider public, share AWACS tapes etc. This has two problems. One, the ISI will just execute any captured IAF pilot in the future. The IAF is an offensive AF & the likelihood of more of its crew being lost over Pakistan is high. FYI for those who don't track these topics.. many families still believe their family members are held by Pakistan as a sort of of tortured punishment for the 71 ops. Many accounts of these. The Govt of India hasn't been able to and nor has it been interested in doing more than just giving demarches to Pakistan.

Second, releasing AWACS footage gives away classified capabilities. The resolution of the AWACS against these targets, the data captured etc. All this stuff is real gold to any opponent force.

Net, Pakistan will continue to deny its way through the whole topic. But please check the past history of the two states to get a clear idea.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Why are we even dragging this discussion, especially without any new evidence?

What ever message Pakistan has to receive has been done...

1) India can come and bomb paki territory if needed.

2) if paki jets cross Indian territory, India doesn’t mind chasing them into their own territory.

Side dish is that paki airforce Cannot get a lock on su-30.

Chapter close for now...

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Actually there are two assumptions here

1. the F-16 that was shot down was ex-Jordanian.

2. It carried a GE engine.

All that we know is that an F-16 was shot down. IAF and MoD have confirmed as much. They have not commented if it were a single seater or two seater, nor have they commented on the pilots.

So theoretically it could be one of any of the 70 odd fizleyas in Shitistani air taxis.

Rest is all speculation.
R&AW will leak details to media at an appropriate time.

Defence Minister saying that she has details of the Paki F-16 pilot killed on 27th has some meanining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles