DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

mamamia12

@Okabe Rintarou your wish did come true
Should sell more shares owned by Gobermint and some regular "Sticks" on lazy employees and unions and it is all set to perform atleast normally. I don't expect them to become LM, NG or Boeing but able to fulfill. Also how was the r&d expenditure in previous times? Because HAL Rotary division was better than its fixed wing division because it had orders and maybe that revenue is used on r&d and hence we are able to establish some foothold on rotaries unlike that trainers or fighters(not assembly of Su-30MKI) whose dearth of orders and subsequent lack of revenue made peanuts for r&d.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Should sell more shares owned by Gobermint and some regular "Sticks" on lazy employees and unions and it is all set to perform atleast normally. I don't expect them to become LM, NG or Boeing but able to fulfill. Also how was the r&d expenditure in previous times? Because HAL Rotary division was better than its fixed wing division because it had orders and maybe that revenue is used on r&d and hence we are able to establish some foothold on rotaries unlike that trainers or fighters(not assembly of Su-30MKI) whose dearth of orders and subsequent lack of revenue made peanuts for r&d.
I would say it's not just laziness or like that, it's the national mentality that affects, I have seen same workspaces which used to be earlier lazy and dishonest about work, now being forward looking towards innovation and new ideas. Communist ideology is being eroded slowly but issue is, it's so deeply rooted, we need glitter of money earned through hardwork and innovation to shine brighter.

Azaad

Country flag
I think a very big UAV is coming with quite long endurance,high altitude & range. It will have quite powerfull isr equipments.. definetely experience of mq9 has paved the way for indigeneous one. Mq9 will influence this hale to its core. we do have all the technologies needed. Lets see what's coming.
1600hp of htse is alot and so is the dimensions compared to mq9 (900hp).. It seems even bigger hale is coming. It's 0.21M longers and 60kg heavier (htse 235kg).

Engine is already there so definetely hale is build around it. So the hale is alot bigger than mq9 and quite alot of capabilities. the cost of mq9 is the reason behind this as we know the requirements for hale is alot more and just 31 is not enough.. 100million is just too much
Imrh needs 2200hp engine atleast. Which will be developed with France.. most likely atleast for now they say. In future hal might go alone given the technologies they already have.. they must be envied of htse1200..
Has it ever occured to you guys that HTSE 1200 isn't certified for operations & is still undergoing development? Secondly there's always the possibility that TS could be de rated assuming it's air worthy which is the first thing ADE needs to validate since the aforementioned TS is rated 1600 hp.

Secondly our aim behind getting those Reapers was always to study it closely in order to develop something on those lines in house apart from using it operationally . We've done it plenty of times before just as other nations who don't copy steal or reverse engineer other nation's products do so from time to time

sameer3694

An interesting tidbit.

The Nazis had built a design for a 50000 ton forging press way back in WWII itself. They were some of the pioneers in heavy hydraulic press machines and were already operating a 33000 ton forging machine in 1945. The US and Soviet union later stole those designs after the war.

The Yanks later started a program called the Heavy press program, based on inputs from those stolen designs.

The largest forging press in India that I could find(till now) was 10000 tons. News from 2014, so not sure if anything has changed.

Last edited:

Azaad

Country flag
Either Indranil Roy or Nilesh Rane, IIRC, ran a very informative thread a couple of years ago, on the need for super heavy hydraulic press in India for aerospace job working along with the history of these super heavy press , a list of countries & the name of the companies possessing such press

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Has it ever occured to you guys that HTSE 1200 isn't certified for operations & is still undergoing development? Secondly there's always the possibility that TS could be de rated assuming it's air worthy which is the first thing ADE needs to validate since the aforementioned TS is rated 1600 hp.
I do agree. there are no updates on htse is it flying or not nothing last was it completed its 100% speeds runs that too a years ago. 2 year 8 months ago alpha reported its lsp production has began 5 units will be made.
I have heard it will complete certification by 2025. I hope since then alot of progress has been done, 5 lsp definetely not just for ground testing could be alot more. DDR had said once France wouldn't be happy with it.

Even if we look at akinci which is (5.5 &) 6ton has 1500hp & 1700hp option (both engine combined) so we can go for single engine 1600hp. MQ9 has 1800kg payloads & the other variant has 2500kg. may be similar to this or quite high requirements are put by our forces and with powerfull engine there is scope to use more powerfull isr equipments too.
Army chaps have habit of giving requirements which superior to existing systems.
I know too many assumptions. my khurafati dimag is just looking for all possibilities. But most likely I believe
Secondly our aim behind getting those Reapers was always to study it closely in order to develop something on those lines in house apart from using it operationally . We've done it plenty of times before just as other nations who don't copy steal or reverse engineer other nation's products do so from time to time
I think the same just didn't put in proper words.
Could be the reason why hale was kept so secret & htse too. hope things go right.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Do Any of you know what's actually happening with Archer Ng
1. it was supposed to fly in june of 2023

2. Then it became Q4 of 2023
3. then it became Q1 of 2024
Right now we are in Q2 of 2024, what the actual fuck are these god forsaken agencies doing.
well in alpha defence twitter space he mentioned that the budget may not be sanctioned (partially/fully) and it would take 3-6 months from the date of budget sanctioning to making of prototype

but recent rumors says that archer ng would be a rebadged heron mk2 with indigenous tech so im not so much interested tbh

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles