DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
Oh come on, man!! Now you're being deliberately obtuse. It's a gen 5 fighter aircraft, is there anything more complex than that (except for women I mean, because nothing in this universe is more complex than them)??
That's what I am asking.

Just tell me the points where a 5th gen plane is complex, but a 4.5th gen is simple.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Because product is tangibly ready.. and profit margins are well calculated.

I would still say HAL should make AMCA Mk1 prototype and a private entity should assemble it.
Then deep tech transfer for AMCA mk2 will be a smooth learning curve rather than throwing a hardball at them.
:facepalm:

NutCracker

Country flag
Nah, not at all efficient enough. It might have worked ok for a ground based weapon platform like a tank for example, but anything that flies, that'll be a big no no.
Which part ? the setup I mentioned for AMCA mk1 production is similar to how we are procuring C295 .

Blood+

Country flag
That's what I am asking.

Just tell me the points where a 5th gen plane is complex, but a 4.5th gen is simple.
The shaping of the aircraft, materials, antenna placement to name a few??
And when did I ever say that a 4.5 gen is 'simple'??!! And what 4.5th gen fighter they have produced till date anyway??

Blood+

Country flag
Which part ? the setup I mentioned for AMCA mk1 production is similar to how we are procuring C295 .
The part that the same product will jave to go through the same lengthy air wothiness tests twice!!

Chinmoy

Country flag
The shaping of the aircraft, materials, antenna placement to name a few??
Then what ADA is doing with AMCA development?

And when did I ever say that a 4.5 gen is 'simple'??!! And what 4.5th gen fighter they have produced till date anyway??
Ok. In that case would a cargo aircraft be simple enough for them?
Again the question arise, would the F-16/21 or Gripen would be easy enough for them?

NutCracker

Country flag
The part that the same product will jave to go through the same lengthy air wothiness tests twice!!
Why ?? Are C295 built in Gujarat going through repeated certification process ??
I think Not. Within 3.5 years from ground-breaking ceremony that assembly line will directly deliver aircraft to IAF.

Blood+

Country flag
Then what ADA is doing with AMCA development?
What can they do when even the fundings hasn't been cleared yet??

Ok. In that case would a cargo aircraft be simple enough for them?
Again the question arise, would the F-16/21 or Gripen would be easy enough for them?
Listen, I don't know what'd be simple enough for these guys. I mean, seriously, what have any of these so called big dicks has ever done anything that is not screwdriver-giri in one way or another??!! The point I'm trying to make is, these motherfuckers have been doing randi rona for years about HAL monopoly and level playing fields and what not and when the GoI did come out and offered that exact thing, suddenly none of them were interested anymore.
Fine, they had their chance and they blew it. Now don't you think it's about time GoI should just end this dhakosla that's been going on for past couple of years and finally do what is right i.e formally hand the whole project over to ADA and HAL??
I'm asking you, what is it that you think should be done??

Blood+

Country flag
Why ?? Are C295 built in Gujarat going through repeated certification process ??
I think Not. Within 3.5 years from ground-breaking ceremony that assembly line will directly deliver aircraft to IAF.
Do your C295s come with an aeronautically unstable airframe that requires computers with complex flight control laws in order for them to be able to fly??

Chinmoy

Country flag
What can they do when even the fundings hasn't been cleared yet??
Design study on AMCA has already been done for which fund was already allocated in phase wise manner. ADA/DRDO is asking for development fund now. They have to develop a prototype for which CCS approval is pending.

Listen, I don't know what'd be simple enough for these guys. I mean, seriously, what have any of these so called big dicks has ever done anything that is not screwdriver-giri in one way or another??!! The point I'm trying to make is, these motherfuckers have been doing randi rona for years about HAL monopoly and level playing fields and what not and when the GoI did come out and offered that exact thing, suddenly none of them were interested anymore.
Fine, they had their chance and they blew it. Now don't you think it's about time GoI should just end this dhakosla that's been going on for past couple of years and finally do what is right i.e formally hand the whole project over to ADA and HAL??
I'm asking you, what is it that you think should be done??
GoI is going to eventually hand it over to HAL anyway if this goes on after the engine deal is done through.

Blood+

Country flag
Design study on AMCA has already been done for which fund was already allocated in phase wise manner. ADA/DRDO is asking for development fund now. They have to develop a prototype for which CCS approval is pending.
Yeah, I was talking about the prototype, I should have been more clear. My bad.

GoI is going to eventually hand it over to HAL anyway if this goes on after the engine deal is done through.
Can't wait for the day. In private walo ki bas ki baat hai bhi nehi.

Blood+

Country flag
I would just state one point here which would make every private company to jump into AMCA development.

GOI just needs to sign a memorandum whereby there would be no negotiation in price of the final product and the numbers would be as per wish of the manufacturer.
Fat chance of that happening. Anyway, don't you think HAL should be good enough for AMCA??

mokoman

Country flag
The only way out is to make a new consortium with equal partnership between HAL(Read it as GOI share), TATA, MAHINDRA, L&T, Kalyani and others. Let that consortium setup a greenfield project for working on such projects and even productionizing.

Our Industries are too happy selling vada pao ,bhujias or becoming glorified bicholiyas. They need Danda and more coaxing to do for the nation - and the govt should do it.

OT: The problem with our Industry icons - even ones with solid technical background can be seen in this video:

The fellow who presented car is genius and with can do attitude. His idea may not be investable but what could have been the right thing was to link him with IIT or IISC incubation centers which could guide him or incorporate him in relevant project.
frontliner on twitter thinks he is fake . engine doesnt sound like hydrogen fuel cell . maybe they added the sound for dramatic effect or something

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles