DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

karn

Country flag
Isn't HTSE-1200 developed for LUH & develop-into twin configuration for future ALH Variants?
No clue .. I always assumed that it was a drop in replacement for the shakti engine . You could be right about the LUH .. Now im not sure as there is no new helicopter project on the horizon other than IMRH .. atleast HTFE has a vague goal of going into the jaguar.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
No clue .. I always assumed that it was a drop in replacement for the shakti engine . You could be right about the LUH .. Now im not sure as there is no new helicopter project on the horizon other than IMRH .. atleast HTFE has a vague goal of going into the jaguar.
Well you won't use it at 1200 kw power rating for obvious reasons,so it would be kind of drop fit except necessary coupling adjustment and all

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Why exactly was HTSE started without a platform to go on ? Too powerful for Dhruv too weak for IMRH.
Wrong. HTSE is meant for ALH Mk3 which will have higher MToW and used for carrying greater payloads or capable of flying in 20000feet altitude with sufficiently high payload. They are also useful for naval operations where higher payload helps in carrying better AWS equipments. The engines are also usable on LCH which will need powerful engines for fighting at high altitudes and to maneuver swiftly. Unlike planes, helicopters don't have fixed size air inlets and same size helicopter can use larger engines. Also, ALH Mk3 and LCH have some modifications in structure and size which makes them better off with 1200kW engine.
Pls how me the proof of that the core is imported
They even successfully designed and manufactured 3rd gen SCB
Pls don't talk about commitments bcoz we suck like hell in this regards anyone in this is better than us
Helicopter cores need electronic control. Turkey does not have electronic chipsets foundry. Also, there was hardly any trials and tests of the new engine which is very suspicious. Just 3 years back, Turkey had faced problems in exporting their helicopters to Pakistan due to dependence on USA for engine. It is really absurd to assume that Turkey suddenly got a new engine with no trials or certifications.

Onus is on you to prove that Turkish engines are indigenous
And what about a Turkish missile hurling towards you?
Will that also get frustrated and return Ankara if a target starts ignoring it?
Your meaningless comments are best ignored

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Current Shakti engine is 1100kW. So, the additional 100kW is not too much. Also, Jaguars are being retired. HTFE is meant for Hawk-i, drones and trainers.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles