DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Fast forward 2030. (assume the Mudi is still in power)
What Equipment do you still see being imported? No small items the significants ones only.

Me personally.
Transport aircrafts.
Gunzz Thr Russian or Murican ones still.
Tanks the ruski ones.
Small Arms
Specialized drones the israieli ones and some Murian ones as well.
Jets At least one more batch most likely ruski ones.

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Cool

If they decide to tweak it a bit then it can do battlefield mapping with SAR radar while simultaneously carrying ELINT and EW attacks and also having some 100 or so small MAM-L/C type munitions...and all this from an altitude of 10km where it would be safe from most of the gun or MANPADs type AD.
SAR and ELINT/ISR duties are already included in the sales pitch.

Last edited:

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
View attachment 205931

Defence production crosses Rs 1 lakh crore mark for the first time ever. It stands at Rs 1.07 lakh crores in FY 2022-23 and is likely to go up once the data from remaining private industries is received.

via MOD spokesperson
Since the PSUs have been coporatized we can experct further growth, expect 10 to 20% eazy.

Very bullish on the defence stocks.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
The voltas issue with gormint makes me feel very confidnet that the gormint wont allow any snake oil seller Indian private company to pass of rebraned Foren tech. (SSS defence)
In the video they published it showed that they were manufacturing their own lowr reciever and barrel at the very least. The comments very oviously turned off as two esteemed memebers of our forum used to thrive their.

Cheran

Country flag
DRDO light tank 'Zorawar' to be ready for trials by year-end along China border

1684501496388.png

1684501531853.png

1684501519177.png

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Transport aircrafts.
No comments...it would take us decades to reach to proper transport level planes from the current Saras level we are at. But that too would happen if everyone's serious but currently it feels like no one even thinks about transport aircraft; which is obviously a shame coz they're the most expensive airforce asset that has dual use.
Gunzz Thr Russian or Murican ones still.
Chances are low...this Amethi Saga should be the last big foreign export we're going to see. What we'll be having more and more would be local Screwdriver-giris...which may seem bad but hopefully with time some innovative ventures should take place.
Tanks the ruski ones.
Tanks are definitely going to a top contender on import list but it doesn't look like Ruski tanks are going to see their days. Even in our recent light tank RFI there were so many contender from South Korea to Austria and what not...and after Ukraine Russia war even the most lax country like India is going to get picky about cook-offs.
Small Arms
Same
Specialized drones the israieli ones and some Murian ones as well
Except for full on HALE or UCAV this category is going to witness the most of the innovation in terms of weapons. Even now there are new UAV ventures popping out everywhere like E-rikshaw manufacturers.
This category solely depends on the mood of a certain Sharma Jee in HAL...if he's happy then we may see everything from Tejas Mk-2 to AMCA and if not then brace yourself for even Gripen.

Blood+

Country flag
Tanks are definitely going to a top contender on import list but it doesn't look like Ruski tanks are going to see their days. Even in our recent light tank RFI there were so many contender from South Korea to Austria and what not...and after Ukraine Russia war even the most lax country like India is going to get picky about cook-offs.
Or they could simply go with the Armata, maybe with the turret modified to hold a bustle autoloader.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Or they could simply go with the Armata, maybe with the turret modified to hold a bustle autoloader.
If they can pull that trick then obviously we would be having a KF-51 killer; coz the only reason T series tanks have the worst APFSDS is that they're constrained by that two-piece ammo requirement of autoloaders, you remove that and now you can have a gun way more powerful that any existing 120mm NATO gun...but given the constant use of it in T-64/72/80/90/14, they'll need quite a quantum jump to add bustle autoloader

Blood+

Country flag
If they can pull that trick then obviously we would be having a KF-51 killer; coz the only reason T series tanks have the worst APFSDS is that they're constrained by that two-piece ammo requirement of autoloaders, you remove that and now you can have a gun way more powerful that any existing 120mm NATO gun...but given the constant use of it in T-64/72/80/90/14, they'll need quite a quantum jump to add bustle autoloader
T-14 does not use 2 piece ammo, though, at least as far as I am aware of. Its carousel is of somewhat similar design to the one from the M1 TTB.

PS: I was wrong, and I stand corrected. It does make use of 2-piece ammunition, but they seem to have overcome the length constraint in their latest design. Oh, and the autoloader only shares a superficial resemblance with that of the M1 TTB at best.
Here's an animation of the autoloader -

Last edited:

Lonewarrior

Country flag
PS - I was wrong.
Nope, you aren't wrong, you're misinformed. Not your fault
T-14 does not use 2 piece ammo though, at least as far as I know. It's carousel is of somewhat similar design to the one from the M1 TTB.
How can T-14 use a single piece autoloader when all the ammunitions it's supposed to fire are two piece!?

Someone on YouTube with some hobby of CAD made a video of T-14's autoloader with the intention of "I guess T-14's autoloader must be like this". And from there everyone kind of assumed that it's original.
If I'm not wrong then I don't think there's any data about T-14's autoloader in open source

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
It is said that kaam vaasna outlives body. Such is maya, body ages but in mind you are always 10- 15 years younger.
Weird name to have for one's pipi

Visit Sonagachi before fake Sonagachi visits you..

But what if some foreign spy agency records these adult diaper wearing nincompoops in Brothels. Leaks will start happening at 10x speed.
I know some people.. movie trope jo hy na paraku-foreveralone nerd launda wala, sab ke sab fit hote hy. Inko DA ka sath steipper allowance milna chahiye. 🤣 Sab officially weekend pe jayenge under security

Blood+

Country flag
Nope, you aren't wrong, you're misinformed. Not your fault

How can T-14 use a single piece autoloader when all the ammunitions it's supposed to fire are two piece!?

Someone on YouTube with some hobby of CAD made a video of T-14's autoloader with the intention of "I guess T-14's autoloader must be like this". And from there everyone kind of assumed that it's original.
If I'm not wrong then I don't think there's any data about T-14's autoloader in open source
As I said, I stood corrected.

Blood+

Country flag
Weird name to have for one's pipi

I know some people.. movie trope jo hy na paraku-foreveralone nerd launda wala, sab ke sab fit hote hy. Inko DA ka sath steipper allowance milna chahiye. 🤣 Sab officially weekend pe jayenge under security
Those would be one's bollocks, the rest is spot on.

binayak95

Country flag
T-14 does not use 2 piece ammo, though, at least as far as I am aware of. Its carousel is of somewhat similar design to the one from the M1 TTB.

PS: I was wrong, and I stand corrected. It does make use of 2-piece ammunition, but they seem to have overcome the length constraint in their latest design. Oh, and the autoloader only shares a superficial resemblance with that of the M1 TTB at best.
Here's an animation of the autoloader -
this half carousel shit. FFS Russians

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles