DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Turkish engines are a joke. They are either using imported core or simply non functional. Erdogan had stated in 2013 that he will set up space program by 2019. But till date, Turkey doesn't have even basic SLV or even a satellite launched by foreign launcher. Turkey can't make semiconductors and can't make even 3rd gen planes and yet is boasting about making 5th gen planes. Turkish words are best ignored
Pls how me the proof of that the core is imported
They even successfully designed and manufactured 3rd gen SCB
Pls don't talk about commitments bcoz we suck like hell in this regards anyone in this is better than us

Lonewarrior

Country flag
BTW 8 years back..
How gladly you're saying 8 years back...as if that's something to boast about

Anyways, glad you yourself mentioned something interesting, it would be easier for me now

Tech from South Korea...
2016 : First Altay prototype
2023 : First successful test of Akkor

Tech from Germany...
1989 : First Arjun prototype
2015 : DRDO is looking for partner for APS
2023 : DRDO is still looking for partner to make armoured radar panel for APS

I know Piyush Goel advised us not to get into those maths but still if you can...

Aniruddha Mulay

Anyways, glad you yourself mentioned something interesting, it would be easier for me now

Tech from South Korea...

Tech from Germany...

I know Piyush Goel advised us not to get into those maths but still if you can...
Maybe if you have time to not be bitter, take some time to go through this timely executed projects by DRDO.

Swathi WLR:-
Project initiated: April 2002
Working Prototype: April 2004
User Trials: 2005
Order: June 2008

Pralay SRBM:-
Project initiated: 2015
Development cum User trials: 2021

Rudram-1:-
Project initiated: April 2012
Captive Flight trials: April 2016

QRSAM:-
Project sanctioned: July 2014
Test firing: July 2017

Akash-NG:-
Project sanctioned: September 2016
Maiden Test: January 2021

VSHORADS:-
Project initiated: 2019-20
First Test: September 2022

SAAW:-
Project sanctioned: September 2013
Flight testin: May 2016

NASM-SR:-
Project initiated: Sometime in 2018
Flight testing: May 2022

Mareech ATDS:-
Project initiated: 2011
Handover to Navy: 2018

PDV Mk3 (ASAT):-
Project initiated: 2017
Test firing: March 2019

ATAGS:-
Project initiated: 2013
User trials: 2017

AnantS

Country flag
From open source.

• The first engine integration test was successfully conducted on September 19, 2022.[12]
  • On November 20, 2022, automatic taxiing and ground running tests were carried out.[13]
  • Take-off test flights began on December 3, 2022 and Kızılelma cut its wheels off the ground for the first time.[14]
  • The aircraft made its maiden flight on December 14, 2022.[2][3][15]
  • The drone successfully made its second flight in mid-January 2023.[16]
  • 15 April 2023, aircraft completed its fourth flight test.[9]
  • 18 April 2023, aircraft completed its flight test with landing gear folded inside the fuselage .[10]
  • 19 April 2023, aircraft completed its sixth and seventh flight tests with serial landing-take-off and high-speed flight trials.[17]
  • 20 April 2023, aircraft completed its eight flight test with high-speed flight and maneuver trials, as well as serial landing-take-off and passing trials.[18]
  • 30 April 2023, the Kızılelma UCAV flew in formation with a SoloTürk F-16C during TEKNOFEST 2023 in Istanbul.[1] The Kızılelma UCAV is designed to be used as a loyal wingman by the combat aircraft of the Turkish Air Force.
You could follow the news item and if you find any reference to its flying with SATCOM, I 'd request you to kindly share it with me too.
You posted about Kızılelma but I am posted about Akinci for which you originally asked question for...

AnantS

Country flag
Translation
The baraat is at the door step, while Bride's family is just preparing to get her ears pierced.

Used in context doing things only at the last juncture. The need for rocket force and long range artillery, rockets should have been felt long before when China was raising rocket forces and upgraded its infra at tibet. But it seems only wars or confrontation at border wakes us up to do the needed - what should have been done earlier.

Chinmoy

Country flag
So basically we are making htse-1200 which has no use bcoz we don't have any requirement of such helicopter
As we know we have 5 ton alh lch requirement for which Shakti is being used and it won't be replaced
Then comes imrh which is 13 ton and htse-1200 doesn't fit here too
So why is htse-1200 being made isn't unnecessary bcoz we don't have any helicopter requirement around that engine
They should have invested to make shakti or 13ton helicopter's engine
You are just talking like our politicians.

Let me give you a more basic example. Suppose you are driving a Maruti family car with 800cc engine. But to move around your belongings you require a LPTA 715 having 6000cc engine. So basically you are having two engines of 800 and 6000 cc each to cater to your needs.
But what if tomorrow a need arise for you to have a Safari to cater to your needs? At that time you would start developing a 2000cc engine. Right? And this is the exact path we followed and suffered till now.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Why exactly was HTSE started without a platform to go on ? Too powerful for Dhruv too weak for IMRH.
HTSE started as a upgrade of Shakti engine. You go on and build up on capability instead of jumping. For IMRH engine we are again looking for JV. So HTSE is a correct step on behalf of HAL.

Again I would like t reiterate here, "You build a vehicle around the engine, not the other way around".

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You are just talking like our politicians.

Let me give you a more basic example. Suppose you are driving a Maruti family car with 800cc engine. But to move around your belongings you require a LPTA 715 having 6000cc engine. So basically you are having two engines of 800 and 6000 cc each to cater to your needs.
But what if tomorrow a need arise for you to have a Safari to cater to your needs? At that time you would start developing a 2000cc engine. Right? And this is the exact path we followed and suffered till now.
Ok sir so basically hal is building htse-1200 for an helicopter that doesn't exists on paper and hal would be waiting for 8-9 ton(for example) helicopter requirement for usage of this engine
But until now no requirement exists for 8-9 ton helicopter(for example) so until then htse-1200 will be tested like this
Thanks sir

Chinmoy

Country flag

Tech from South Korea...

Tech from Germany...

Since you said that.

First APS to be fielded, Drozd by USSR in early 80's.
2023, Russian Tanks are still lacking one active system in Ukraine.

So building and testing is one thing and successfully integrating it is totally different ball game.

When I mentioned the news of 2015, it is nothing to be proud of, it is something of concern. IA was looking for Trophy integration in T-90s as long back as 2010. But it was indecision on part of Government that we were unable to do so. Even after Government giving a go ahead to build one in 2015-16, it is pathetic that DRDO could not find one production partner.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles