DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
Both are different category. completely.

Tapas falls between TB2 and Accinci .

Kizilelma is more comparable with Ghatak ,and Ghatak will be carrying twice the payload of Kizilelma.
There is our difference. You look at category, I look at overall technology.

There is a reason why I said that Tapas is technically ahead of Kizilelma. Akinci beats Tapas hands down on flight altitude and endurance, but even then, it is technically behind Tapas. How?

Akinci and Kizilelma, both has yet to showcase its ATOL and SATCOM capability. But in case of Tapas, we already did it.
The impetus on Kizilelma and Akinci has been given on its attack role. But our requirement is more about STAR rather then Attack. You could see that in the recent EOI too where IA has atleast given a number they are looking at.

Chinmoy

Country flag
ummm wrong comparison. Kizilelma is a jet powered supersonic UAV. Its analogous would be bigger HAL CATS. Tapas(18 Hrs) should be compared to Akinci (25 hrs)
Has Akinci showcased the ATOL and SATCOM capability?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
He learnt from the best for 20 years and took the knowledge to China.

https://www.wionews.com/world/scien...ears-joins-chinas-hypersonic-programme-592323
All props to that guy. Now imagine an Indian doing the same—not in a million years because we are born traitorous scums.
It's pretty naive to think this person was on some lone-batman mission for the last 20 years to learn about hypersonics, gathered knowledge, and moved back to China out of pure nationalism and desh bhakti to empower China's hypersonic program.

Either this scientist was rewarded too handsomely to move back to China and work for them, or Chinese intelligence/police arm-twisted him by threatening his family, or a combination of both.

The question you should ask is, will the Indian govt. do such drastic steps to get back talent in India to power our defense/space/missile programs? Not in a million years. I know private companies poach ex-PSU scientists/managers with such lucrative packages.

NutCracker

Country flag
There is our difference. You look at category, I look at overall technology.

There is a reason why I said that Tapas is technically ahead of Kizilelma. Akinci beats Tapas hands down on flight altitude and endurance, but even then, it is technically behind Tapas. How?

Akinci and Kizilelma, both has yet to showcase its ATOL and SATCOM capability. But in case of Tapas, we already did it.
The impetus on Kizilelma and Akinci has been given on its attack role. But our requirement is more about STAR rather then Attack. You could see that in the recent EOI too where IA has atleast given a number they are looking at.
From my perspective, primary object of attack Drones is to save lives of pilot, and bomb an armoured column under contested airspace. It doesn't matter how it's being controlled.
Can Tapas bomb an armoured column yet ?? No right , then what's the use of ATOL and SATCOM.

Chinmoy

Country flag
It's funny how people just count Kizilelma and Bayraktar TB-2 as Turkish drones and just simply forget they there's another company by the name TAI which also manufactures drones.

Obviously, and not just ours but any country's requirements can't be sufficed by just one type of drone. And that's why they have a freaking seven different types of drones.

1. Bayraktar TB-2
150kg payload, 7km altitude, 27hr endurance.
2. Bayraktar TB-3
Almost same as TB-2 but carrier capable.
3. Bayraktar Akinci
1300kg payload, 9km altitude, 25hr endurance.
4. Bayraktar Kizilelma
1500kg payload, 11km altitude, 6hr endurance, stealth, supersonic.
5. TAI Anka
350kg payload, 9km altitude, 30hr endurance.
6. TAI Aksungur
750kg payload, 12km altitude, 60hr endurance.
7. TAI Anka-3
1200kg payload, 12km altitude, 10hr endurance, stealth.

First thing first, there's no comparison between them. But if you really wanna do this then I've no issues.
What about payload then?
Kizilelma has payload of 1500kg against 350kg of Tapas.
Let's talk about speed. 0.9 Mach of Kizilelma Vs I don't know maybe 0.1-0.2 Mach of Tapas.
Kizilelma is stealth by the way.

Compare Rustom/Archer/Panchhi with TB-2.
Compare Tapas with Anka.
Compare Ghatak with Anka-3.
Compare CATS Warrior with Kizilelma.
Compare our carrier capable UAV with TB-3, coz I'm sure we must be having one right? I mean we're using aircraft carrier for past 6 decades, so it should be obvious to have at least one.

And tell me which one's far ahead in terms of specs.
Just few questions for you.

1: Did IA, IAF or IN ever asked for an UCAV?
2: Did IN ever asked for a ship launched UAV/UCAV?

You are quick to point out that Bayraktar and TAI has been involved in drone development in Turkey. But could you point out that other then DRDO, who is doing it here? Only when it has been opened for Pvt companies we are seeing the boom in drone development. And keeping in mind this point of yours.
Obviously, and not just ours but any country's requirements can't be sufficed by just one type of drone. And that's why they have a freaking seven different types of drones.
We have a plethora of Swarm drones, loitering ammunitions and surveillance drone too.

Blood+

Country flag
It's pretty naive to think this person was on some lone-batman mission for the last 20 years to learn about hypersonics, gathered knowledge, and moved back to China out of pure nationalism and desh bhakti to empower China's hypersonic program.

Either this scientist was rewarded too handsomely to move back to China and work for them, or Chinese intelligence/police arm-twisted him by threatening his family, or a combination of both.

The question you should ask is, will the Indian govt. do such drastic steps to get back talent in India to power our defense/space/missile programs? Not in a million years. I know private companies poach ex-PSU scientists/managers with such lucrative packages.
Good luck with that. When it comes to Indians, when they're gone, they're gone for good, you ain't getting 'em back ever unless for some reason they get the boot.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Good luck with that. When it comes to Indians, when they're gone, they're gone for good, you ain't getting 'em back ever unless for some reason they get the boot.
Have you met with the Chinese/Indian NRI diaspora in developed countries? Why did they move there? Only two factors -
  • Money
  • Quality of life
The dating game is nonexistent unless you look Caucasian, subtle racism almost everywhere, gun violence, messed-up healthcare, and muslim/negro migrants will always get preference over you.

I have been in this debate a lot, and a lot of the current generation working in the IT industry are choosing to stay back in India due to high salary packages and improving the quality of life in metro cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, etc.

China fixed the above two points, and now they are turning the tide of brain drain. If we succeed in developing infrastructure and setting up industries in our country, we will see Indians coming back as well.

Blood+

Country flag
Have you met with the Chinese/Indian NRI diaspora in developed countries? Why did they move there? Only two factors -
  • Money
  • Quality of life
You don't say.
The dating game is nonexistent unless you look Caucasian, subtle racism almost everywhere, gun violence, messed-up healthcare, and muslim/negro migrants will always get preference over you.
That's only in the US though.
I have been in this debate a lot, and a lot of the current generation working in the IT industry are choosing to stay back in India due to high salary packages and improving the quality of life in metro cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, etc.
And I AM of this so called current generation and the only ones who are forced, yes, you heard me right, FORCED to stay and work here are those who couldn't make the cut and would jump at the first opportunity to run for the white lands.
China fixed the above two points, and now they are turning the tide of brain drain. If we succeed in developing infrastructure and setting up industries in our country, we will see Indians coming back as well.
Nah, the love for white skin runs too deep in us (well, most of us anyway), whether you'd like to admit it or not.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
From my perspective, primary object of attack Drones is to save lives of pilot, and bomb an armoured column under contested airspace. It doesn't matter how it's being controlled.
Can Tapas bomb an armoured column yet ?? No right , then what's the use of ATOL and SATCOM.
Tapas isnt an attack drone, and in Indian context, using large attack drones doesnt make sense. They will get knocked out very quickly.

Big drones are good for peacetime surveillance, and maritime action. Else useless unless stealth, like Ghatak.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Interesting, let me debate a bit more with you in that case.

And I AM of this so called current generation and the only ones who are forced, yes, you heard me right, FORCED to stay and work here are those who couldn't make the cut and would jump at the first opportunity to run for the white lands.
Interesting outlook. Let me tell you, you will perhaps get an opportunity sooner or later to go. Go once, and tell me here after 1 year living abroad how you miss India. You will realize the points I am saying right now. Or perhaps, ask someone in your company who has lived the life, why did they move back to India, and the pros and cons.

The grass looks greener on the other side.

Nah, the love for white skin runs too deep in us (well, most of us anyway), whether you'd like to admit it or not.
I agree, there is a certain fantasy of white culture being superior cultivated within us due to western cultural power (movies, entrepreneurship, technological success). This actually vanishes after some time.

Again, not generalizing, some people manage to set up a very good life abroad. But instead of trusting inexperienced young adults looking for a Vegas life, trust the senior people who have lived the life.

TopWatcher

Country flag
C-DAC Develops India’s 1st Arm-Based CPUs :Flagship AUM Chip With 96 Cores, 96 GB HBM3, 320W TDP processors which can use in Super Computers will Launch in 2024. C-DAC’s roadmap for processors is aimed at self-reliant in microprocessors development using indigenous design

SKC

Country flag
C-DAC Develops India’s 1st Arm-Based CPUs :Flagship AUM Chip With 96 Cores, 96 GB HBM3, 320W TDP processors which can use in Super Computers will Launch in 2024. C-DAC’s roadmap for processors is aimed at self-reliant in microprocessors development using indigenous design

This is one way to go.

Current Fastest Supercomputer: Fugaku from Japan is also using processors made using ARM architecture:
Fujitsu A64FX.

Fujitsu A64FX - Fujitsu collaborated with ARM to develop the processor; it is the first processor to use the ARMv8.2-A Scalable Vector Extension SIMD instruction set with 512-bit vector implementation.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles