Indian Special Forces

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
No i am not talking about raising new unit but equipping one existing sf unit per year.
Equipment is happening though and Quite fast PCs,HCBHs hopefully Battle belts too these are becoming a common occurrence now and should be standard issue in couple of years no need for one unit per year just look at 9s set-up it's clean af rn other units are following very close from 4,7,11,1 being close second so In terms of gears no need to wait for 1 unit a year we are doing well in getting gear tnx to companies like Armasen and SMPP should be standarised in 2-3 years( given our size and companies production capacity Armasen had to shut down business for few days to fullfill orders)

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Equipment is happening though and Quite fast PCs,HCBHs hopefully Battle belts too these are becoming a common occurrence now and should be standard issue in couple of years no need for one unit per year just look at 9s set-up it's clean af rn other units are following very close from 4,7,11,1 being close second so In terms of gears no need to wait for 1 unit a year we are doing well in getting gear tnx to companies like Armasen and SMPP should be standarised in 2-3 years( given our size and companies production capacity Armasen had to shut down business for few days to fullfill orders)
But what change would belt and ill fitting helmets bring to ignorance about other accessories and tactics?

airborneCommando

Country flag
View attachment 253573
View attachment 253577

For a long time I had wondered what are those red ropes that 9Para men always have on their PCs
View attachment 253576
View attachment 253575

They are most probably esmarch tourniquets . An invention of USSR that had mixed results during their Afgan war .

I also recently found out that they use IR chemlights (around 50 dollars a piece)
They have moved onto CAT tourniquet. Idk if you are right abt this esmarch thing ?
But what change would belt and ill fitting helmets bring to ignorance about other accessories and tactics?
Most of the times, the helmet is not ill fitting (heck it comes in just two sizes M/L and XL), it's just that the guys are not aware about setting up the retension system.
Look at the pics of 9 para, all helmets sit the way they should. For tactics, I would suggest you to closely study the kit being worn.
Dump pouches, multiple placard configurations on the plate carrier, using m4a1s, IR chemlights, adopting paddle belt/high rise holsters and utilizing tech like BFTs. If you know exactly what these are, you'll have a rough Idea about how they must have developed decent SOPs compared to a lot of units.

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
They have moved onto CAT tourniquet. Idk if you are right abt this esmarch thing ?

Most of the times, the helmet is not ill fitting (heck it comes in just two sizes M/L and XL), it's just that the guys are not aware about setting up the retension system.
Look at the pics of 9 para, all helmets sit the way they should. For tactics, I would suggest you to closely study the kit being worn.
Dump pouches, multiple placard configurations on the plate carrier, using m4a1s, IR chemlights, adopting paddle belt/high rise holsters and utilizing tech like BFTs. If you know exactly what these are, you'll have a rough Idea about how they must have developed decent SOPs compared to a lot of units.
But is it really a good sign if out of all our SF units 9para is doing some what good progress on tactics and gear?

airborneCommando

Country flag
But is it really a good sign if out of all our SF units 9para is doing some what good progress on tactics and gear?
NO !! Not at all acceptable.
Every unit is developing independently, there's little to no similarity btwn a lot of SOPs of any two units, the one that is there is extremely out-dated and rarely any serious unit has adopted that.
However, things look positive ahead from what I've noticed. Will make a thorough post or even a thread on that.

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
NO !! Not at all acceptable.
Every unit is developing independently, there's little to no similarity btwn a lot of SOPs of any two units, the one that is there is extremely out-dated and rarely any serious unit has adopted that.
However, things look positive ahead from what I've noticed. Will make a thorough post or even a thread on that.
Yeaaa a post or thread will be great icl

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

And My problem exactly with this system while you can see one unit steaming ahead with mordernasation and tactics the other teams are stuck behind and not even on the same level that's everything wrong with our *SF* it should always have been one one selection system and one training now every unit has their own probation their own ways and tactics which shouldn't happen with SF

Mr.Evil007

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Not some unit's logo, not even official SFF cap but seen some archers and vikasis wearing this!:D
I thought at the start it’s just normal cap but the camo in back and lion with wings threw me off also you posted bull with wings so I though it was like that lol

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
The problem is our culture and exposure also

Open any podcaster channel and he will be like..Haaawe u ate glass omg thats soo cool..Wow what kinda gun is that with magazin at back..LRP whats that can u explain for our audience bcoz i know everything..

Whereas the questions should be..why did it take Paras 20 plus years to adopt ballistic shields?..why no sniper school..why dont we have enough nvg and scopes..why do u return funds when u r under equipped

Indian SF is the classic case of "empty vessels make the loudest noise"

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles