DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Wrong. HTSE is meant for ALH Mk3 which will have higher MToW and used for carrying greater payloads or capable of flying in 20000feet altitude with sufficiently high payload. They are also useful for naval operations where higher payload helps in carrying better AWS equipments. The engines are also usable on LCH which will need powerful engines for fighting at high altitudes and to maneuver swiftly. Unlike planes, helicopters don't have fixed size air inlets and same size helicopter can use larger engines. Also, ALH Mk3 and LCH have some modifications in structure and size which makes them better off with 1200kW engine.

Helicopter cores need electronic control. Turkey does not have electronic chipsets foundry. Also, there was hardly any trials and tests of the new engine which is very suspicious. Just 3 years back, Turkey had faced problems in exporting their helicopters to Pakistan due to dependence on USA for engine. It is really absurd to assume that Turkey suddenly got a new engine with no trials or certifications.

Onus is on you to prove that Turkish engines are indigenous

Your meaningless comments are best ignored
Who said they have inducted engines bro
I was saying that their engine in flight testing phase whereas htse-1200 is still in ground testing period it has been running multiple times but not in flight
Now chinmoy ji comes and says it's not made for alh not made for imrh I understand but then was it made and if made for any sort of heli then which one and if it will replace Shakti in mk3 mk4 and lch then when
Is there any timeline

Samej Jangir

Country flag
1. Acknowledge your adversary capabilities and question where exactly you lag.
2. Shove your head like an ostrich and deny everything.

I count myself in the first category, what about you?
I am in the first category but you are neither in any of the categories. You belong to 3rd category - believe all adversary propaganda and only make good assumptions of adversaries regardless of proofs or facts just to create artificial fear mongering to enable the sale of your snake oils

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Who said they have inducted engines bro
I was saying that their engine in flight testing phase whereas htse-1200 is still in ground testing period it has been running multiple times but not in flight
Now chinmoy ji comes and says it's not made for alh not made for imrh I understand but then was it made and if made for any sort of heli then which one and if it will replace Shakti in mk3 mk4 and lch then when
Is there any timeline
Even HTSE & HTFE did a dry test run in front of Manohar Parrikar. But they are still in development. This is despite India having made Kaveri engines, mastering Al31F engines and having semiconductor foundries upto 65nm (may be even 28nm as tender was called for 28nm vendors too). Defence equipments don't need latest sub 22nm chips as they have to be robust and handle lot of high temperature environment and hence Indian foundries are excellent for defence.
Turkey without anything can't suddenly come up with an engine ready for trials annd testing unless it is a very low quality 1950-60 level engine.

Merely because the timeline of HTSE is not revealed doesn't mean it is non existent or unfit for any helicopter. The current Shakti engine in Alh Mk3 is 1100kW. So, 1200kW is not too high an upgrade. It is clearly a well planned development

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Even HTSE & HTFE did a dry test run in front of Manohar Parrikar. But they are still in development. This is despite India having made Kaveri engines, mastering Al31F engines and having semiconductor foundries upto 65nm (may be even 28nm as tender was called for 28nm vendors too). Defence equipments don't need latest sub 22nm chips as they have to be robust and handle lot of high temperature environment and hence Indian foundries are excellent for defence.
Turkey without anything can't suddenly come up with an engine ready for trials annd testing unless it is a very low quality 1950-60 level engine.

Merely because the timeline of HTSE is not revealed doesn't mean it is non existent or unfit for any helicopter. The current Shakti engine in Alh Mk3 is 1100kW. So, 1200kW is not too high an upgrade. It is clearly a well planned development
Yeah bro then why until now it isn't flying
I am not questioning our capability but rather intent bcoz intent has to be clear from the side of govt and other institutions
Funds need to be allocated and all those stuffs but there is nothing when ur system is ready and still not flying either development is slow or govt is not releasing funds that us govt simply doesn't understand or don't want to understand the seriousness and importance of indegenous heli engine

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Yeah bro then why until now it isn't flying
I am not questioning our capability but rather intent bcoz intent has to be clear from the side of govt and other institutions
Funds need to be allocated and all those stuffs but there is nothing when ur system is ready and still not flying either development is slow or govt is not releasing funds that us govt simply doesn't understand or don't want to understand the seriousness and importance of indegenous heli engine
Engine development takes at least 10 years as it is extremely complex and has lot of complications. There are many places where things can go wrong and cause massive damage to lofe and property. This is why critical items like engines take extra time to be doubly sure

Lonewarrior

Country flag
New MMA based on the Global 6500 from Bombardier and General Dynamics. Multi-Mission and Anti-Submarine Warfare aircraft for the CMMA program.
View attachment 205889
Cool

If they decide to tweak it a bit then it can do battlefield mapping with SAR radar while simultaneously carrying ELINT and EW attacks and also having some 100 or so small MAM-L/C type munitions...and all this from an altitude of 10km where it would be safe from most of the gun or MANPADs type AD.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles