DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
DId not know that 80kt capacity existed, f-35 some metal plates were stamped using 40kt but I can see subs, ships, rockets and nuclear reactor areas to benefit a lot with that kind of ability to stamp and give it unibody rigidity. Our sweet spot is probably 30 to 40kt?
Yes, our current capability is around 20kT and our good to have is 40kT.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I had higher expectations from L&T. It seems like this was designed by a truck mechanic.

Exposed wheels and tracks ? It is supposed to have modular armour right ? Where are the hinges/hooks to hang them ?

Protruding headlamps ? And what’s up with the funny gun ? Where is the 7.62mm co-axial ?

If any IA tank commander visits this exhibition he will be laughing his ass off looking at this abomination.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag
I had higher expectations from L&T. It seems like this was designed by a truck mechanic.

Exposed wheels and tracks ? It is supposed to have modular armour right ? Where are the hinges/hooks to hang them ?

Protruding headlamps ? And what’s up with the funny gun ? Where is the 7.62mm co-axial ?

If any IA tank commander visits this exhibition he will be laughing his ass off looking at this abomination.
Side skirts are a pain to attach and remove on the fly, it will only be done when it goes into testing.
The hull looks like a work in progress, I wouls say wait for the final test vehicle before jumping because L&T had also designed this FICV.
FICV_Modi.jpg
DxQrgKBU0AMHZp0.jpg

abingdonboy

Country flag
I’m utterly convinced india can’t have a world class arms industry because the prime customers (Indian military) are still stuck in the 1950s/60s and hence why we keep seeing abominations that no other arms industry on earth would produce in the 21st century

You cannot tell me a giant like L&T can’t make something better than this. This is produced based on the IA’s specifications. They’ve asked for a lightweight and low profile battle taxi- an APC and not an IFV

I almost hope for Chinese aggression at this point just to teach these clowns some hard lessons

abingdonboy

Country flag
Still looks pretty crude, nothing "futuristic" about it. It looks like BMP-2 salesmen trying to scam me off by telling me it is a completely new platform.
IA thinks they can add futuristic to any old cr@p and get away with it, remember they labelled this FINSAS:

these generals still think they are British cavalry officers or something

abingdonboy

Country flag

These things are built to IA ASQRs so unless the IA is trying to sabotage this effort from the outset (entirely possible) then they can’t laugh too much at what their specs have produced

Global Defence

New threads

Articles