DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Folks here often say, hurrrrdurrr IA demands the sun and moon from weapons manufacturers to get the best kwality and why it can't settle for less ? Reeeeeeee!!
Today folks here are saying, IA dosent know what it wants reeee , industries produce abominations because IA asked them to reeeee!!

abingdonboy

Country flag
Folks here often say, hurrrrdurrr IA demands the sun and moon from weapons manufacturers to get the best kwality and why it can't settle for less ? Reeeeeeee!!
Today folks here are saying, IA dosent know what it wants reeee , industries produce abominations because IA asked them to reeeee!!
Two things can be true at once. This is the same army that insisted on bayonet lugs on PDWs/SMG and who create ASQR that mean even global OEMs cannot meet them so single vendor situations occur

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Two things can be true at once. This is the same army that insisted on bayonet lugs on PDWs/SMG and who create ASQR that mean even global OEMs cannot meet them so single vendor situations occur
Yes they can be true sir ji, iam not absolving army for anything, my above post was just a observation over a time period.
But please excuse me to laugh like a maniac on the proposal to mount bayonet lugs on a SMG .
The army is a dangerous institution indeed .

The Shrike

Country flag
I had higher expectations from L&T. It seems like this was designed by a truck mechanic.

Exposed wheels and tracks ? It is supposed to have modular armour right ? Where are the hinges/hooks to hang them ?

Protruding headlamps ? And what’s up with the funny gun ? Where is the 7.62mm co-axial ?

If any IA tank commander visits this exhibition he will be laughing his ass off looking at this abomination.
BTW that's a fake cannon right? Reminds me of old (20+ years) boliwood movies were they used toy guns because they couldn't afford realistic prop guns :lehappy: .

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yes they can be true sir ji, iam not absolving army for anything, my above post was just a observation over a time period.
But please excuse me to laugh like a maniac on the proposal to mount bayonet lugs on a SMG .
The army is a dangerous institution indeed .
It’s not a proposal, they insisted on it (and still rejected)

B751DD51-43AA-405D-83F1-EF3D4DB38D90.jpeg

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
To be honest I don't expect any Private cos to perform better than Drdo in case of high cost complex projects. For FICV, I believe Drdo AarTV for which rfi was recently released would be a far better machine, though it would take a few years to come out.
For people who don't know this L&T so called FICV has no Drdo inputs in it.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
To be honest I don't expect any Private cos to perform better than Drdo in case of high cost complex projects. For FICV, I believe Drdo AarTV for which rfi was recently released would be a far better machine, though it would take a few years to come out.
For people who don't know this L&T so called FICV has no Drdo inputs in it.
Is it the case that when drdo or ofb takes up a R&D project, they have to go thru tender process for every work and component, this limitation is not there private companies. PVT companies can directly
buy from their vendors.

Articles