DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

airstrike99

Country flag
Irony is in last picture there is only one army man in this team.
And then army and dalals say it is DRDO TANK MADE FOR DRDO and scientists.
Seeing this list of names, I don't know what to say.
Atleast, increase army guys from battlefield in the team.
thats a seminar on how to tackle future things for combat vehicles. thats not a meeting betwwen DRDO and Army. such things won't be published due to protocols. they are top secret.

Anandhu Krishna

FRCV RFI will be scrapped that is for sure. Because UVZ won't just handover Armata IP to Indian strategic partner.

However, another RFI of similar nature will be issued in the next 2-3 years. And the cycle will go on.

Net result: Delay/kill the GNMBT and Arjun mk2 programme for this decade, and may be by the end of the decade go for emergency import of downgraded T-14S Armata (export model).
The last T90 shold be the last foreign tank in India. Govt should do something

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
1000 NAMICAs, Cheap, cost effective and deadly.
View attachment 92919
Can existing BMP 2s be converted to NAMICAs? If yes we can use our large existing number of BMP 2s to make it cost effective. I believe some of the BMP 2s can be upgraded and used for creating a Marine Corps if needed , as such a force would need amphibious APCs for beach landings. Atleast for its initial years and then they can be shafted to the reserves.

airstrike99

Country flag
The last T90 shold be the last foreign tank in India. Govt should do something
all my hopes on ninda-nath singh now. or may be not.
there were no MBTs in 1st and 2nd negative list.
only APC's, IFV's were there ( so no foriegn equipment in Future infrantry combat vehicle programme. FICV)

but for FRCV, maybe downgraded T-14's will be placed by russia.

the only way out is to go for evolutionary option instead of revolutionary new design.

since armata is already 55tons, all we need is to change the Arjun turret and its gun. since other vehicles based on arjun platform already exist.
DRDO already knew about such things and i hope they were working on it since 2018.

parrikar should have been alive.

1622633388563.png

omaebakabaka

only APC's, IFV's were there ( so no foriegn equipment in Future infrantry combat vehicle programme. FICV)

the only way out is to go for evolutionary option instead of revolutionary new design.

since armata is already 55tons, all we need is to change the Arjun turret and its gun. since other vehicles based on arjun platform already exist.
DRDO already knew about such things and i hope they were working on it since 2018.

While I am all for domestic and reigning in generals motivated by post retirement positions and what not....I do think DRDO should do couple of things.....improve the way they mark something as indigenous not just say it and give some obscure percent by value and what not but actually come up with a way to list those things so there is more transparency....2nd compare to brands from Israel and Sweeden and some other countries that also integrate and license components in their product but export them successfully. Army can't come out and diss deficiencies or fake labeling by DRDO as it wastes time to sit through process and most of critical elements are foreign by nature? So we need the whole process to be bit more objective....its easy to point at lobbies or army without knowing the truth...last thing we all want is for Army to sport the 2nd best while they have a better choice under same budget

airstrike99

Country flag
While I am all for domestic and reigning in generals motivated by post retirement positions and what not....I do think DRDO should do couple of things.....improve the way they mark something as indigenous not just say it and give some obscure percent by value and what not but actually come up with a way to list those things so there is more transparency....2nd compare to brands from Israel and Sweeden and some other countries that also integrate and license components in their product but export them successfully. Army can't come out and diss deficiencies or fake labeling by DRDO as it wastes time to sit through process and most of critical elements are foreign by nature? So we need the whole process to be bit more objective....its easy to point at lobbies or army without knowing the truth...last thing we all want is for Army to sport the 2nd best while they have a better choice under same budget
While I am all for domestic and reigning in generals motivated by post retirement positions and what not....I do think DRDO should do couple of things.....improve the way they mark something as indigenous not just say it and give some obscure percent by value and what not but actually come up with a way to list those things so there is more transparency
it already does

2nd compare to brands from Israel and Sweeden and some other countries that also integrate and license components in their product but export them successfully. Army can't come out and diss deficiencies or fake labeling by DRDO as it wastes time to sit through process and most of critical elements are foreign by nature? So we need the whole process to be bit more objective....its easy to point at lobbies or army without knowing the truth...last thing we all want is for Army to sport the 2nd best while they have a better choice under same budget
DRDO comes directly under MOD.

DRDO is neither a corporate/PSU nor a Private company. so it will only happen in govt to govt deals.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
They all need better PR too. Look how shitty their websites are,
At the time of posting the BEL website is down.
Even our private companies websites aren’t well maintained or obsolete,
Even tonbos website is glitchy.

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

View attachment 92926
I believe that only ngmbt will win this competition as many are becoming serious about indigenous products.

omaebakabaka

Duh....Indian government sites particularly look dated like they are from early 2000s but I guess the style fits the process....on a positive note, they did get better recently process wise and going e-seva routes on more and more things

omaebakabaka

it already does

DRDO comes directly under MOD.

DRDO is neither a corporate/PSU nor a Private company. so it will only happen in govt to govt deals.
It could be better as I feel lot of stuff is in gray area in that labeling....if only govt knows then army is also govt and how can we pick sides between drdo and army? Whole thing needs to get a revamp as part of atmanirbhar effort and processes also needs to change to reflect agility and objectivity

airstrike99

Country flag
will you buy those products if they improve their website.??

you won't na.

i don't understand this weird fascination with looks and all. in defence, if it works, thats all army needs.

even this ugly bastard was mass produced. it was ugly even by the standards of those days.
1622638288211.png

Global Defence

Articles