DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

airstrike99

Country flag
Bhai even in that seminar I am seeing way less boots on floor, I hope it was purely technical but a man in uniform who handles tank know more than scientists hands down any day.
They must had invited on the field guys.
I hope it was purely technical but a man in uniform who handles tank know more than scientists hands down any day.
no thats not true at all. thats an extremely false statement man.

only thing the army knows is its requirements. and it states its requirements based on offensive or defensive strategy against enemy, also considering the intelligence it receives through organisations like RAW and NSG.

thats why MOD has scientists as scientific advisors not army generals. and army generals as qualitative staff requirement advisors not scientists.

airstrike99

Country flag
There were even news about one getting knocked and the turret can be penetrated by autocannon fire.
yep. all those fancy APS is useless against 20mm auto canons and attack aircraft autocanons.
thats why army has asked for stanag level protection against all types of aircraft auto canons too. which is not met by T-14 armata.

airstrike99

Country flag
Because there is nothing much of quality or so called indigenous in indian desi military tech most of the time. Do not take this forum seriously.

You should not take him seriously.

Lol ok
yep. all you could do is lolling out . because you cannot provide arguments in favor for it. cuz it sucks against auto canons.

all i need is an abrams hull with a bofors 40mm anti aircraft gun fitted in its turret and armata's turret is a dead metal.

t 90s

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Porki in disguise or just a negative nelly?
Porkie want you to have sub standard equipment, i don't. They were trying to get there hand on T 90 after upgraded one started rolling out of Russia & T 90 Better than expected performance in Syria, but have to settle for VT 4.
emergence of Armata has put them on a s**ty position if India buy them in numbers, since there options for getting an MBT in future are minimum or next to nil as Ukraine doesn't have money nor a tank as capable as armata neither does China.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
Porkie want you to have sub standard equipment, i don't. They were trying to get there hand on T 90 after upgraded one started rolling out of Russia & T 90 Better than expected performance in Syria, but have to settle for VT 4.
emergence of Armata has put them on a s**ty position if India buy them in numbers, since there options for getting an MBT in future are minimum or next to nil as Ukraine doesn't have money nor a tank as capable as armata neither does China.
Ruskies will always sell downgraded crap.don't make me go about the t90 saga

t 90s

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
this was a test bed of M1 abrams by US. wonder why they never made these as their main battle tank. it looks like T-14 copied its hull. T-14 is the same but with APS etc.
View attachment 92959
More to do with technological limitations at that time( specially relating to situational appearance ) than design itself.

Leonardo Alves

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
no thats not true at all. thats an extremely false statement man.

only thing the army knows is its requirements. and it states its requirements based on offensive or defensive strategy against enemy, also considering the intelligence it receives through organisations like RAW and NSG.

thats why MOD has scientists as scientific advisors not army generals. and army generals as qualitative staff requirement advisors not scientists.
And deliver a product that then become an unfortunate thing like Arjun, piecemeal DHANUSH and continous testing ATAGS, pratical things is what must be done, I must remain here clear that I am talking about future way of work.
Otherwise you just saw Army RFI and the reactions to it.

This MOD should have this because it is scientific is not going to lead us anywhere.

Global Defence

Articles