DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

karn

Country flag
Well Spyder system has missiles which has a shelf life as all missiles do so once it is over we will use our own missiles and develop system around it.

May be we will buy new missiles to replace them till our system matures but Astra series will essentially replace Spyder.
Bruh .. we still use pechoras.. I'm sure we will seek to relife them rather than throw them away.
I'm not sure .. but isn't the akash and akash s to complement the phechora while the akash ng will replace it ?

johnj

Hold...

Spyder is vertical launch variant of python and Derby as you know.. an IIR and RF missile.

It's parallel in India is Astra missile system which will have vertical launch too later. An IIR version will also be developed.

So it is what will replace Spyder in Future.

Barak has longer range in contrast.

And Akash is different range advantage is it's cheaper to produce in comparison to Astra and can be used in bulk against varied targets.

Cost etc are important factors too.
vl vs vl, i don't think that it works, but i thinks, new ones needed to be better than old ones.
In future yes, considering astra ir, astra 2, and r&d of eo targeting system. [after 2 or more decade].
Right now those s125 need new replacement and new ciws.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Bruh .. we still use pechoras.. I'm sure we will seek to relife them rather than throw them away.
I'm not sure .. but isn't the akash and akash s to complement the phechora while the akash ng will replace it ?
Basically S 300 has replaced pechera long back in Russia etc. And then S 400 and now soon S 500.

We use them because we still have it and they are still useful .

Basically we will create multiple layer of defense long range missile short range medium range and very large like 400-600 km etc.

And eventually we will integrate them into a system like S 400 S 500 etc works.

Now instead of Spyder , Astra will be used for short range in future once it matures.

Remember Akash doesn't have seeker like Spyder or Astra Barak etc. It is dependent on ground based pesa radar completely for guidance. May be in future we may soon see a version with seeker. But that's fine a cheaper system that can be produced in mass will also be needed we cannot put expensive Astra or Spyder like system everywhere.

karn

Country flag
Some clarification required .. the 500mm of protection asked for .. is from HEAT or sabot ammunition .. cause 500 mm protection equivalent for HEAT is not a lot .. and don't get hung up on the 500 mm penetration requirement 105 guns exist that can achieve this.

sorcerer

Country flag
[EXCLUSIVE] Big boost for India’s defence! 12 Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter aircraft order on the anvil

6 days old article.

in the background of ukraine war..a few western media will try to get some TRP rating on this.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Are there any other tanks with similar capability under 27 tonne ?
they are asking for 600mm base armour +era + t90 turret +aps (soft+hard (top also))

Some clarification required .. the 500mm of protection asked for .. is from HEAT or sabot ammunition .. cause 500 mm protection equivalent for HEAT is not a lot .. and don't get hung up on the 500 mm penetration requirement 105 guns exist that can achieve this.
so we will import the gun and the rounds :fyeah:

karn

Country flag
they are asking for 600mm base armour +era + t90 turret +aps (soft+hard (top also))

so we will import the gun and the rounds :fyeah:
Probably .. engine too .. the firepower stats are reasonable the protection one is not .. unless the asked for protection is including ERA.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
sprut sdm1 is 18 ton and gives 125mm cannon, imo it will be best to modify it according to our needs.

add, aps, era...

only thing that will be a problem is 600mm base armour

ig total weight will be near 30 tonns.