DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Quite possible.

I have Never understood UN Armed forces logics behind their GSQR. I mean America is a global power they do require jets/UAVs with high endurance but how come UN armed forces requirements always match best in the world.

If you are flying a UAV inside your own territory and you have lots of bases to launch these UAVs then why do you need 24 or 36 hrs endurance??

Sometimes I feel UN armed forces Generals are the agent of the enemy's of India they want India to remain dependent on others forever and suffer the consequences of each and every conflict/Geopolitics happening around the world.

Sorry, I seriously hate myself when I say UN armed forces to our own Armed forces but I had barely heard a single positive development from them Except their stupidity.
We have issue with our Army trying to find Game changing weapons and settling for normal weapons. Still we inducted Pinaka, Dhanush and lot of indigenous stuff, slow and steadily we tightening them on indigenous front. We will overcome this. Our Airforce was all gaga over MRCA and not interested with Tejas. But Gagan Shakti 2017 changed the outlook of Tejas and finally our AF folks understands and now ready to induct MWF, AMCA, Tejas MK1A. Even Navy after rejected NLCA for combat duties, still working with ADA for TEDBF. With Russian-Ukraine war finally our Army folks got a reality check regarding indigenous weapons. Good times will come.

vishnugupt

Country flag
We have issue with our Army trying to find Game changing weapons and settling for normal weapons. Still we inducted Pinaka, Dhanush and lot of indigenous stuff, slow and steadily we tightening them on indigenous front. We will overcome this. Our Airforce was all gaga over MRCA and not interested with Tejas. But Gagan Shakti 2017 changed the outlook of Tejas and finally our AF folks understands and now ready to induct MWF, AMCA, Tejas MK1A. Even Navy after rejected NLCA for combat duties, still working with ADA for TEDBF. With Russian-Ukraine war finally our Army folks got a reality check regarding indigenous weapons. Good times will come.
You people are good people that's why you feel at some point of time our Armed forces will realise and everything will be fine.. Hopefully one day.

But actions tells you different story.

Since Kargil war Indian armed forces yet induct a attack Helicopter. They didn't learn from their own sufferings and you are expecting they should learn from others sufferings.

Maximum times you will hear hollow rhetorical warnings from Generals.

dbdzzzzzz

CATS-Infinity is a dual-use High-Altitude Pseudo-Satellite (HAPS) platform, powered by solar radiation, intended to stay airborne for months, for providing persistent high-res pictures of the ground, as well as continuous 5G coverage in remote areas or during natural calamities.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Quite possible.

I have Never understood UN Armed forces logics behind their GSQR. I mean America is a global power they do require jets/UAVs with high endurance but how come UN armed forces requirements always match best in the world.

If you are flying a UAV inside your own territory and you have lots of bases to launch these UAVs then why do you need 24 or 36 hrs endurance??

Sometimes I feel UN armed forces Generals are the agent of the enemy's of India they want India to remain dependent on others forever and suffer the consequences of each and every conflict/Geopolitics happening around the world.

Sorry, I seriously hate myself when I say UN armed forces to our own Armed forces but I had barely heard a single positive development from them Except their stupidity.
Agree on the point that we can keep going with equipment that is indigenous but only matches 85-90% of the criteria instead of importing foreign equipment that matches 100%. In fact, we are already doing that in some areas like Tejas, LCH, and others.

However, comparing Predator MQ-9 which is a proven, war-tested platform for decades, packed with the latest sensors and weapons to Tapas BH-02, which is literally still in flying trials trying to reach the desired altitude is too much.
A UAV is not just a flying kite, endurance is not everything. We need sensors, especially high-resolution SAR, secure data link with over-the-horizon communication which is the most important factor, and light PGMs (I think SAAW might work).

Now, DRDO might have already figured all that out, I mean they have already taken a lot of time to develop this basic UAV.

Shuturmurg

Country flag
Agree on the point that we can keep going with equipment that is indigenous but only matches 85-90% of the criteria instead of importing foreign equipment that matches 100%. In fact, we are already doing that in some areas like Tejas, LCH, and others.

However, comparing Predator MQ-9 which is a proven, war-tested platform for decades, packed with the latest sensors and weapons to Tapas BH-02, which is literally still in flying trials trying to reach the desired altitude is too much.
A UAV is not just a flying kite, endurance is not everything. We need sensors, especially high-resolution SAR, secure data link with over-the-horizon communication which is the most important factor, and light PGMs (I think SAAW might work).

Now, DRDO might have already figured all that out, I mean they have already taken a lot of time to develop this basic UAV.
MQ-9 and Tapas are not in same category. MQ-9 has payload of 1700 kg, Tapas 350 kg. Tapas is closer to Bayraktar TB3 (payload 280 kg), the ones used by Ukraine (Bayraktar TB2) has payload of 150 kg.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
MQ-9 and Tapas are not in same category. MQ-9 has payload of 1700 kg, Tapas 350 kg. Tapas is closer to Bayraktar TB3 (payload 280 kg), the ones used by Ukraine (Bayraktar TB2) has payload of 150 kg.
Well, that is sad because MQ-9 and Tapas both have similar dimensions (same wing length (20m) and body length of 9.5m. vs. 11m).

Are you sure its payload is that low ?

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Well, that is sad because MQ-9 and Tapas both have similar dimensions (same wing length (20m) and body length of 9.5m. vs. 11m).

Are you sure its payload is that low ?
With older engine and this is the payload weight of electronics equipment in it , no hardpoints integration for weapons done yet so this assessment is quite wrong here

Vamsi

Country flag
CATS-Infinity is a dual-use High-Altitude Pseudo-Satellite (HAPS) platform, powered by solar radiation, intended to stay airborne for months, for providing persistent high-res pictures of the ground, as well as continuous 5G coverage in remote areas or during natural calamities.
How does these Pseudo sats fly during night time....Don't they require high energy density batteries for that purpose