DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Army should chose a common turret for FICV and Whap, though common sense is the last thing I expect.
Why wait for FICV when a part of it can be met through Whap. You can just chose a common turret which houses gun, missiles, see through, aps and other gizmos. Platform in itself has not changed that much. IA sure has some love for unobtanium.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Army should chose a common turret for FICV and Whap, though common sense is the last thing I expect.
Why wait for FICV when a part of it can be met through Whap. You can just chose a common turret which houses gun, missiles, see through, aps and other gizmos. Platform in itself has not changed that much. IA sure has some love for unobtanium.
who said Whap orders are dependant on FICV?

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
No one said that 😹.
It will take years, sometime in next decade for FICV to get inducted. Rather than waiting for that, Whap is reality. I am saying that rather than thinking Whap as a platform for just R&S battalions, Whap should be inducted as new platforms in mech infantry too. Now, whether IA wants to complement or replace a part of it is IA's choice.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
It will take years, sometime in next decade for FICV to get inducted. Rather than waiting for that, Whap is reality. I am saying that rather than thinking Whap as a platform for just R&S battalions, Whap should be inducted as new platforms in mech infantry too. Now, whether IA wants to complement or replace a part of it is IA's choice.
Ya'll Nibbiars rephrase that who asked for commonality between the two?.