DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

AVAST

Country flag
Unlikely, Uttam AESAR is almost done, it's almost ready.

Please read the tweet carefully- 23 milestones and the govt will accept request for funds only when a milestone is reached. So PPU-1 is close to full assembly is my understanding.

Tejas Mk2
The CDR of the system is over, it is ready for FSED, subsystems realization has progressed concomitantly using old budgets & maybe one prototype can be fabricated using the existing allocations made under FSED phase 3 of the overall LCA program but for the full prototyping of the system there will be four prototypes in all with two of them flying the very next year (2024) after the first prototype has flown (2023) and the last prototype following the subsequent year (2025)- that would require fresh allocations & I don't know whether that has happened yet or not. People tell me it hasn't. (ie funds for the first Mk2 prototype are being "managed")

You are either misinformed or mistaken- we are talking about Tejas Mk2, not AMCA Mk1.
Well im not sure of your sources but no it doesnt exist yet unless theyre building it in a secret place somewhere. Dont expect amca before 2030. you got no idea how lazy hal employees are. source personal experience.

MonaLazy

Well im not sure of your sources but no it doesnt exist yet unless theyre building it in a secret place somewhere. Dont expect amca before 2030. you got no idea how lazy hal employees are. source personal experience.
Of course every Indian has first hand experience of the notorious sarkari lethargy. Just step into your closest SBI.

As for your contention, HAL will have very little to do with AMCA. That's being developed under SPV with L&T as the chosen partner most likely. My sources are entirely public- cannot claim any insider info.

From the same public sources first Tejas Mk-2 PPU will roll out by August-December this year.

Tejas Mk 2 is planned to be rolled out by 2022 with induction by 2026. AMCA Mk1 roll out by 2024 and induction by 2031. AMCA Mk2 with new engine is planned to be inducted by 2035. TEDBF is planned to be rolled out by 2025 to be ready for induction by 2031

ALPHASsquad47

Country flag
Unlikely, Uttam AESAR is almost done, it's almost ready.

Please read the tweet carefully- 23 milestones and the govt will accept request for funds only when a milestone is reached. So PPU-1 is close to full assembly is my understanding.

Tejas Mk2
The CDR of the system is over, it is ready for FSED, subsystems realization has progressed concomitantly using old budgets & maybe one prototype can be fabricated using the existing allocations made under FSED phase 3 of the overall LCA program but for the full prototyping of the system there will be four prototypes in all with two of them flying the very next year (2024) after the first prototype has flown (2023) and the last prototype following the subsequent year (2025)- that would require fresh allocations & I don't know whether that has happened yet or not. People tell me it hasn't. (ie funds for the first Mk2 prototype are being "managed")

You are either misinformed or mistaken- we are talking about Tejas Mk2, not AMCA Mk1.
The RFP for MK2's Radome (not Radar) got cancelled. There might a delay of 1-3 month.

MonaLazy

The RFP for MK2's Radome (not Radar) got cancelled. There might a delay of 1-3 month.
Apologies, I misunderstood. Are you talking about the cancellation of this RFP? If yes, source please.

For all those ADA haters, I have a bad news for you guys. The Tejas MK2 is moving at a swift and steady pace. Here's the big update about the project : ADA has issued a RFP for procurement of Quartz Radome for AESA Radar of LCA AF MK2. It will consist of 2 Airworthy radomes and 1 QT Radome. British firm Meggitt Aerospace Ltd will supply the said Radome. Meanwhile an Indigenous project is also in progress for Quartz Radome, ToT clause is OPTIONAL, but the firm have to collaborate with DPSUs/OFB/RURs/or any other Indian Private Companies for setting up maintenance infrastructure for providing base repairs and requisite spares for the entire life cycle. The IPR will stay with ADA.

1644485975593.png

Now we don't know what T0 is but a much-delayed CDR (T0+4M) was done by 15/11/2021 (delayed only by the IAF, not other stakeholders).

On November 15, IAF signed off on a comprehensive design review (CDR) of the Tejas Mark 2, clearing the construction of a new prototype of the LCA for construction and testing.
Referring to that Project Timeline
15/11/2021 T0+4M Design Review
15/1/2022 - 15/3/2022 T0+6M to T0+8M Manufacturing of Radome (RFP was issued as of Dec 25, 2021)

ALPHASsquad47

Country flag
Apologies, I misunderstood. Are you talking about the cancellation of this RFP? If yes, source please.

For all those ADA haters, I have a bad news for you guys. The Tejas MK2 is moving at a swift and steady pace. Here's the big update about the project : ADA has issued a RFP for procurement of Quartz Radome for AESA Radar of LCA AF MK2. It will consist of 2 Airworthy radomes and 1 QT Radome. British firm Meggitt Aerospace Ltd will supply the said Radome. Meanwhile an Indigenous project is also in progress for Quartz Radome, ToT clause is OPTIONAL, but the firm have to collaborate with DPSUs/OFB/RURs/or any other Indian Private Companies for setting up maintenance infrastructure for providing base repairs and requisite spares for the entire life cycle. The IPR will stay with ADA.

View attachment 137065

Now we don't know what T0 is but a much-delayed CDR (T0+4M) was done by 15/11/2021 (delayed only by the IAF, not other stakeholders).

Referring to that Project Timeline
15/11/2021 T0+4M Design Review
15/1/2022 - 15/3/2022 T0+6M to T0+8M Manufacturing of Radome (RFP was issued as of Dec 25, 2021)

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Dang :shock::shock:

btw, they have made awacs stealth but due to the sheer power or radar, wouldn't it negate the advantage of stealth ??

Now waiting for stealth transport planes from chongs....
If they are so good to come up with these novel ideas, I wonder why they always end up copying Russian and western designs, ranging from black hawks, super frelons, flankers, and literally every other Russian ad design etc. I guess chinese designers aren't as that good as these novel designs would want us to believe.

karn

Country flag
China has many defence and aerospace companies that engage in putting out their ideas .. very few actually get inducted by their own govt . Sometimes they are able to sell this rejected stuff abroad to morons that don't know any better.

MonaLazy

Even so..

Zaada se zaada 2-4 months ka hi delay hoga.

Reconsulting the project road map the last date was 15/3/22.. assuming worst case 4 month delay takes us to 15/7/22- that's cutting it fine but a roll out /showcasing may still happen in August 2022, simply because the radome does not get in the way of putting the rest of it together and once delivered won't take too long to be bolted on to PPU-1.

Trusting IR from BRF on this..

1644504419989.png

https://forums.bharat rakshak.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7689&start=1720#p2530342

There's hope!