DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
I wish Bharat Forge (Kalyani group) would take an initiative to make Bharat-52 based SPH and an M777 equivalent lightweight artillery etc and so, probably a truck-mounted version too,

i mean from getting GHN-45 Tech and Assembly line etc stuff he's effectively gotten one of the best howitzer design to home, GC-45,
This same GC-45 was base for south african Denel G-5 howitzer that we were trying out on Bhim SPH but due to certain political bakchodi etc stuff it never got actualised and we're stuck with importing-assembling K-2 etc from South Korea

also GHN-45 originally was way much better design than the FH-77 Bofors we got here in late 80s, and all these issues with FH-77 design seems to be further inherited by its derivatives here with Dhanush and ATAGS...giving to these reports coming out and so,

so since we have a better design in hand with Bharat-52 ( GC-45 at core ), i wish Baba Kalyani would take an initiative to make SPH, Truck-Mounted versions and Light Artillery etc sort of derivatives from that.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I wish Bharat Forge (Kalyani group) would take an initiative to make Bharat-52 based SPH and an M777 equivalent lightweight artillery etc and so, probably a truck-mounted version too,

i mean from getting GHN-45 Tech and Assembly line etc stuff he's effectively gotten one of the best howitzer design to home, GC-45,
This same GC-45 was base for south african Denel G-5 howitzer that we were trying out on Bhim SPH but due to certain political bakchodi etc stuff it never got actualised and we're stuck with importing-assembling K-2 etc from South Korea

also GHN-45 originally was way much better design than the FH-77 Bofors we got here in late 80s, and all these issues with FH-77 design seems to be further inherited by its derivatives here with Dhanush and ATAGS...giving to these reports coming out and so,

so since we have a better design in hand with Bharat-52 ( GC-45 at core ), i wish Baba Kalyani would take an initiative to make SPH, Truck-Mounted versions and Light Artillery etc sort of derivatives from that.
IA does need m777 class howitzers+chinook class helis (HAL did say something about a design like that), for ares where even sph are unsuitable. Mostly china border.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
View attachment 135355
THIS IS THE CAPEX BUDGET

Total Defence Budget - 5.25 lakh crore a jump of 9.82% over allocations in last fiscal.
What is a Capex budget? The money which the armed forces can use to buy stuff, in simple words.

Why Army and Air Force got less budget? Exact reasons can be different but Army used only 40% and Air Force used only 70% of the budget allocated to them previous year.
Looks like a pivot to Navy. Chances of next CDS from Navy!!!
Reasons:
1. The previous CDS mentioned AF as a supporting arm.
2. There would definitely be some sort of succession plan in the works, with primary input from Gen Bipin Rawat.
3. Given 1 & 2 above, the future CDS plan would be Army/Navy, Airforce (in that order).
4. The current budgetary outlay clearly shows a pivot to Naval expenditure.
Therefore, the conclusion as mentioned in 1st para.
* The conclusion, is reached purely based on the points mentioned above. There are other criteria to be looked at, as mentioned in an older post by me

The idea of CDS (and the accompanying sub-sets/tangents) is in its germination. We need a hardened officer, a visionary, a diplomat, on a similar wavelength with the government, to be the next CDS. From which arm of the forces..... would be a supplementary discussion, if at all. The post of CDS (or any other post of such critical nature) cannot be a reward posting for sure.

Srinie

Country flag

Baba Bana bhi denga tobhi army order nahi dengi . Bharat forge ULH has been showcased multiple times yet no interest from army . Muft main product development nahi hota
Defence expo 2018 0rders zero interest

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Baba Bana bhi denga tobhi army order nahi dengi . Bharat forge ULH has been showcased multiple times yet no interest from army . Muft main product development nahi hota
Defence expo 2018 0rders zero interest
Sadly true, though this one's in 155mm/39 Cal design, similar to older Bofors, plus weight around 4.5 tonnes

M777 we got was in 155mm/52 Cal design, with weight around 4.2 tonnes,

so if they could make a GC-45 derivative in 155mm/52 Cal (already out there) in light weight category around some 5 tonnes max then it would be really great

non-towed GC-45 is already weighted around 8 some tonnes...need some weight shedding to reach that range,

around 5 Tonnes it would provide sufficient lifting margin for a helo like chinook to also carry the gun crew and sufficient ready to fire ammo.

Any Bharat Forge employee reading this, pls pass on the message to your superiors plox :pray: , i believe in you

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Sadly true, though this one's in 155mm/39 Cal design, similar to older Bofors, plus weight around 4.5 tonnes

M777 we got was in 155mm/52 Cal design, with weight around 4 tonnes,

so if they could make a GC-45 derivative in 155mm/52 Cal (already out there) in light weight category around some 5 tonnes max then it would be really great

non-towed GC-45 is already weighted around 8 some tonnes...need some weight shedding to reach that range,

around 5 Tonnes it would provide sufficient lifting margin for a helo like chinook to also carry the gun crew and sufficient ready to fire ammo.

Any Bharat Forge employee reading this, pls pass on the message to your superiors plox :pray: , i believe in you
Didn't we saw a mounted gun from kalyani some days back ?

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

M777 we got was in 155mm/52 Cal design, with weight around 4.2 tonnes,

M777 is a 155mm 39 caliber .