DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

BlackViking

Country flag
I hereby advise you to be a citizen of Russian fed or PRC. Here is much better please be a north Korean in next life ☺, you would even get to eat exotic animals too and invent new viruses.
Bhratashri I never advocated for authoritarianism, so you can save your advise for yourself. And you said you'll always root for too much democracy so bear the ill-effects graciously.😉😉

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Bhratashri I never advocated for authoritarianism, so you can save your advise for yourself. And you said you'll always root for too much democracy so bear the ill-effects graciously.😉😉
Chill bro I am not advocating your deputation. Just thought you were exceedingly unhappy and unbearing of democracy ill effects in india, as the statement goes that far places look only better from far, which is certainly 200% true for non democratic societies. You can always improve these ill effects while you sounded like as if this is something inherent and unchangable, which is obviously a fallacy to begin your dialogue with. That being said things do change, what is today will change tomorrow if there is a will. Now just don't say that govt. as a whole don't want ofb to improve, i am damn sure govt. would be the last happy org. to import some foreign maal.
You know somebody always get the short end of stick, and these non or less democratic states have never been very kind to those kind of people, for example Tibetans and uyghurs, and if your spawn point had been in one of them, you are basically treated as sub human. In that context I seriously hate the idea of anything undemocratic. For me Nation for people is paramount to people for nation, which seems to be the idea for non democratic states.

Last edited:

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
Chill bro I am not advocating your deputation. Just thought you were exceedingly unhappy and unbearing of democracy ill effects in india, as the statement goes that far places look only better from far, which is certainly 200% true for non democratic societies. You can always improve these ill effects while you sounded like as if this is something inherent and unchangable, which is obviously a fallacy to begin your dialogue with. That being said things do change, what is today will change tomorrow if there is a will. Now just don't say that govt. as a whole don't want ofb to improve, i am damn sure govt. would be the last happy org. to import some foreign maal.
You know somebody always get the short end of stick, and these non or less democratic states have never been very kind to those kind of people, for example Tibetans and uyghurs, and if your spawn point had been in one of them, you are basically treated as sub human. In that context I seriously hate the idea of anything undemocratic.
i dont care about the freedom of my enemies,as for being the group that will be hounded : it is the duty of every member of a group defined on ethnicity,values,culture,etc to capture the machinary of a state and use it for their own benefit sustainably and use it to destroy their enemy factions through annihilation,assimilation,subvertion,etc.

what the chinese have done to the tibetans and doing to the uighers are absolutely right from their perspective.

i want my gov to be like that for my enemy factions.i dont want to tolerate the barka and the rana ayyubs,i want them afraid,dead,dying and with no prospects to grow in my state.if we cant do that,then we must conspire to do that,if generals or anybody does not et in line with our agenda of making india self sustainable in defence,then they must be dealt with.

Might makes right ALWAYS.If you do not manipulate to make things such as the state to fight for you ,then others will,there is no way to win without getting involved.

political libertarianism or the cuckservativism of the west WILL NOT AND HAS NOT WORK FOR US OR ANYBODY if your goal is power foryour group.my group is the nationalist faction.every other group must be cowed down and assimilated to our agenda if not already,debate should be within our agenda and how to best achieve it.

Basically I dont agree with democracy on a fundamental level where it assumes people with fundamentally different agendas and worldviews can coexist peacefully for an reasonable amt of time without one or the other dominating and destroying the other.

In our country,we must destroy the antinational coaltion in any way possible.

BlackViking

Country flag
You know somebody always get the short end of stick, and these non or less democratic states have never been very kind to those kind of people, for example Tibetans and uyghurs, and if your spawn point had been in one of them, you are basically treated as sub human. In that context I seriously hate the idea of anything undemocratic. For me Nation for people is paramount to people for nation, which seems to be the idea for non democratic states.
My dear friend the idea of nations will not exist if nation for people becomes paramount. If person A wants Akhand Bharat and person B wants azad Kashmir, and just somehow person B gets the power for all this too much democracy, what would you do. Nation for People ki pipudi bajate rahoge tab bhi? A authoratative govt can do very well than a democratic one provided the person at top is sane. I have very well seen how erstwhile OFB used to work. Saare MC bhare pade hain wahan and you can't say anything to them.
And in case you feel that I am against Democracy, then I should clear it that I am against too much of anything. I'll always prefer a bit authorirative government than a too much democratic one. We have a saying here, "Ati lembu chipidele pita", meaning if you sequeeze a lemon too much it will taste bitter.

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
Paise ka utna problem nahi hai, it's their indecisiveness and poor/absent leadership. Army has the largest share of unutilized budget still.Equipping a force of 5000 odd personnel isn't that big a budgetary load.
More of a priority issue. They would rather spend it on Artillery, Tanks, armored vehicles, standard issue guns and basic infantry equipment than buy very costly equipment for a small sized sf force.

And army is hell bent on converting more regiments into mechanised, lots of money will now go into IFVs and what not.

With this, allocation of a larger SF budget seems difficult I guess.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
i dont care about the freedom of my enemies,as for being the group that will be hounded : it is the duty of every member of a group defined on ethnicity,values,culture,etc to capture the machinary of a state and use it for their own benefit sustainably and use it to destroy their enemy factions through annihilation,assimilation,subvertion,etc.

what the chinese have done to the tibetans and doing to the uighers are absolutely right from their perspective.

i want my gov to be like that for my enemy factions.i dont want to tolerate the barka and the rana ayyubs,i want them afraid,dead,dying and with no prospects to grow in my state.if we cant do that,then we must conspire to do that,if generals or anybody does not et in line with our agenda of making india self sustainable in defence,then they must be dealt with.

Might makes right ALWAYS.If you do not manipulate to make things such as the state to fight for you ,then others will,there is no way to win without getting involved.

political libertarianism or the cuckservativism of the west WILL NOT AND HAS NOT WORK FOR US OR ANYBODY if your goal is power foryour group.my group is the nationalist faction.every other group must be cowed down and assimilated to our agenda if not already,debate should be within our agenda and how to best achieve it.

Basically I dont agree with democracy on a fundamental level where it assumes people with fundamentally different agendas and worldviews can coexist peacefully for an reasonable amt of time without one or the other dominating and destroying the other.

In our country,we must destroy the antinational coaltion in any way possible.
Dude what are you talking about, what has and will not work with us. It's just been some 70 yrs since idea of India came to fruition, India before independence was basically just some different regions with varied cultures, languages and many other things, in that regard comparing globally we have done exceedingly well where people unilaterally agree that they are Indians, the idea of India has been a success. Compare that to the nations who are much more monolithic than us and have seen violent secessionist movements time after time and are yet to solve their problems even after centuries, well we did that in less than a century, that speaks volume for itself in our case.
I am not championing west, there is no rule written anywhere that we must follow thier example if we are democratic. Their are other routes just saying.

In people like Rana ayuub and others like her, their will always be people with ulterior motives and I too want that their plans to instill instability be foiled and they should be handled well but putting in them something like gulag, is not really a good idea, it further makes them like martyr, history is well aware of that, denouncing them is much better, look into their financial pockets, increase the cost for their ulterior motives, they can't push their motives with no money and food on table.

Guess what they have in common with you, they too don't believe and want people with differences to come together and work together for a common cause. They too want other groups too be be assimilated by their group having their own ideology and denouncing others even if theirs is clearly inferior. They too don't want to learn and understand others, they just wanna make others like them.

Free a person from external influences and at the end he will come without any hate and would normally want to live a peaceful life coexisting with others. Hate is not something a person is born with, it either comes from experience or from indoctrination. It's only when the indoctrination comes from religions, groups, people's with ulterior motives or even ideologies that he hate other with whom he have no contact with. How utterly foolish is that and IMO I feel totally sad for such a person, he is simply a tool for others desire.

Not caring about others freedom is again very falsical imo. That's a very bleak concept you are painting there. Would you think the same let's say when you were born a uyghur, i guess not, I assume you are a Hindu and believe in rebirth and karma like me, very good concepts to give humans some accountability.

Asides from those people with clearly ulterior motives, I am also sad that people without any thinking paint a group as anti nationals like farmers who are clearly just misinformed and for us to assume that a farmer will be capable enough to think clearly what is right is again fallacy. They are just pawns. Saying that they are anti nationals may take entirely different meaning for different peoples. For us it may mean that they are just some hooligans while some people by just hearing that word from another person might equate them to terrorists, which carries a different much heavier weight around it. Do you really think average farmer has this ulterior motive to sabotage nation. It's just those who are indoctrinating them like Rana ayuub.

I will be very honest with you unless you mean otherwise from what you wrote. What I see is that your ideology is same with those of Islamists who like you want other groups to be assimilated in theirs, simply wanting to destroy anything else. Not caring for other people beside their own group, any dissident in assimilated group be dealt with a pure murderous intent and action. For them too, might is right. Only difference being that your group being nation and just like African muslims are treated sub humans, high chance you too will be thinking of some other group in the nation as sub humans despite having same ideology as yours. Just what's the difference between you two. Same kind of ideology with different toolsets, one being religion other being another thing.

I mean, the parallels are too strong to ignore. In Hindi we say- ek thaali ke chaate baate. You call yourself from nationalist faction yet nothing can be much farther from nationalism. And I am not talking about the wrong meaning of nationalism promoted now a days in media worldwide.
You by having such an extreme ideology seem to weaken national fabric too. You are a problem for the nation by being at such extreme.

The part where I 200% agree with you that these so people with clearly ulterior motives be dealt with. On the means we differ as sea and sky.

Covfefe

Country flag
More of a priority issue. They would rather spend it on Artillery, Tanks, armored vehicles, standard issue guns and basic infantry equipment than buy very costly equipment for a small sized sf force.

And army is hell bent on converting more regiments into mechanised, lots of money will now go into IFVs and what not.

With this, allocation of a larger SF budget seems difficult I guess.
They're not even spending it on artillery and tanks- only dragging feet with MoD which won't allow the imports they wish.OFB has bungled up the arty order for 4 years now- they could've cancelled the order and negotiated the production arrangements with some private player- Kalyani or someone else. But nobody wishes to take leadership- neither the Army leadership nor the babus in MoD- so as not to risk the possibility of being called corrupt or biased.
Rifles standardisation took decades- and they ended up with the same better looking AK47.

What's your monetary estimate for Guccifying the entire Para SF to a decent standard ?

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
My dear friend the idea of nations will not exist if nation for people becomes paramount. If person A wants Akhand Bharat and person B wants azad Kashmir, and just somehow person B gets the power for all this too much democracy, what would you do. Nation for People ki pipudi bajate rahoge tab bhi? A authoratative govt can do very well than a democratic one provided the person at top is sane. I have very well seen how erstwhile OFB used to work. Saare MC bhare pade hain wahan and you can't say anything to them.
And in case you feel that I am against Democracy, then I should clear it that I am against too much of anything. I'll always prefer a bit authorirative government than a too much democratic one. We have a saying here, "Ati lembu chipidele pita", meaning if you sequeeze a lemon too much it will taste bitter.
Too much of anything is bad, a statement which can't really be argued with and holds true for almost everything, unless it's money Bois😬 (jk please don't take my joke seriously here).
What I mean by nation for people is that a nation takes care for its varied people while marching forward, it doesn't means allowing miscreants to have power to do what they want, understand this theri are bosses with clear ulterior motives and then there are their mobs, who are misinformed- difference being one will not leave their ulterior motive for any reason and instigates other to be pawns for them by instilling them with fear, make them think they are under attack, indoctrinating them with religion and other ideologies. That's the thing persons having different backgrounds who come together have to fight against always.
By people for nation I mean. You are nothing but just a pawn for the ruling elite. You are nothing but a maggot to them, you are just a toy they play with to achieve their objectives. I guess I need not tell tell you if China is this one, example being despite having such large land, food security is well not good to say the least, personal freedom is as good as like sleeping in open air and calling it privacy.

No one in right mind want such miscreants with extreme ideologies to be anywhere influencing in India.

To be clear that I too don't think too much democracy is that good, then again in my case a scenario where knowingly miscreants reach positions of influence, that's where I draw my line here, that is clearly something which dangers people who wish to work together bu creating cracks between them, they are breakers of unity which is itself against my idea of democracy and nation. The problem I have with someone mentioning authoritive even a bit is like where do you draw the line at, to someone it may seem that let's say on a scale of 100, 50 is just bit authoritive, which is certainly not a bit. You are non Hindi speaker I assume, let's say that GOI says there will be no other language then Hindi, so you can relate that this extreme case for some may be just a bit authoritive.

But in general terms i agree with you. Don't take my remarks about being north Korean in next life at heart, I was just annoyed that your statement implied that all people in ofb and whole goi are somewhat colluded to the level that we just can't think that ofb can be made good and i have to somehow think that the current state of ofbs will not change whatsoever, which again is a very falsified statement by any logic. It is mostly a management issue, if you see a certain problem, change rules such that people at ofbs don't underperform anymore at personal level, add attractive incentive for getting orders on exports and winning competitive biddings. The idea of non profit making in itself is flawed to a greater extent, it doesn't makes thing cheaper but make sure that you remain pathetically poor in upgradation. Says a lot about archaic looking factories of ofbs compared to rest of the world. And above all else famous Red tapism in our country can not be forget.

I agree with you on most levels unless you are like the person holding such ideologies like above person I just replied before you. Please read that long ass para I wrote if you want to gain another insight what I mean.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
They're not even spending it on artillery and tanks- only dragging feet with MoD which won't allow the imports they wish.OFB has bungled up the arty order for 4 years now- they could've cancelled the order and negotiated the production arrangements with some private player- Kalyani or someone else. But nobody wishes to take leadership- neither the Army leadership nor the babus in MoD- so as not to risk the possibility of being called corrupt or biased.
Rifles standardisation took decades- and they ended up with the same better looking AK47.

What's your monetary estimate for Guccifying the entire Para SF to a decent standard ?
Let's try to understand the picture.
MoD won't allow IA to import athos. Kalyani has Bharat 52 which can be made NOW if IA wants and MoD won't have problem with that, also weighs 15 tons just like IA wants though I am unsure what the hell will a mere 3 ton weight difference would do for ATAGS to be unviable even when it cleared all mobility trials.
Kalyani 52 is based on a PROVEN gc-45 gun, if athos can fill all wishes of IA so should gc-45, though nowhere has athos seen combat unlike gc-45 yet IA will still give it the the so called elusive tag of PROVEN and somehow Atags is unproven, well everything indigenious is unproven is their terms. I mean how much testing does athos went through to get IA tag of PRoveN.

Anybody here who can decipher the rationale behind hydraulic drives when electric drives seems to next logical successor. I just hope that's not a delay tactic and after hydraulic drive you don't ask for other things.

I was already dreaded at the fact that we almost had planned to order ka 226t while our luh will be treated as second child.
What's stopping IA from inducting few medium infantry brigades like akin to Stryker brigades to solve a part of obsolescence in current mechanized infantry. Will be much better than BMP 2 anyday.

Last edited:

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Can anyone tell the difference between "partnership with DRDO through SPV mode for the development of critical weapon systems n military platforms" and the current DCPP(development cum production partner) mode.

MonaLazy

Can anyone tell the difference between "partnership with DRDO through SPV mode for the development of critical weapon systems n military platforms" and the current DCPP(development cum production partner) mode.
In my understanding, SPV is to promote defence R & D (like a private DRDO), while DcPP is to promote defence manufacturing (like a private OFB).

DcPP aims to have closer public & private sector partnership in defence manufacturing. DRDO does the entire research and design in its lab, hand holding a private company like Adani to make something outside their area of expertise like LRGBs.

1643744091050.png

1643744219289.png

Rules governing ToT & royalty:
1643744312438.png

With SPV, R & D is also opened to private companies to go further up the value chain be an equal to DRDO- create stuff, file patents etc. Not sure how they will split the profits/royalties because the money will be from the Govt, but the effort from private establishments. Expecting more clarity in the near future-

1643745505546.png

1643745049153.png

An SPV with L&T for AMCA has long been talked about.

Last edited:

Anandhu Krishna

Why does Indian Navy have the Lowest Budget out of all the Other 3 services? Why does Army always get Highest budget and Airforce Second Highest?

Is it because Army has more exposure to the Conflict area compared to the other 3 services? because in a Full-scale War it will be Army whose assets will be mostly allocated to Fight the Enemy?
Look at the map and you will understand
If we are to truly look at the map, we should be spending more on the navy.