DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
If we are to truly look at the map, we should be spending more on the navy.
No I don't think so. I feel like there is a very good reason on why Budget of Navy is less as compared to the Other 3 Services.

Gradually as our economy grows, our Defence Budget will also increase ,Navy's will also increase and we will be able to afford new assets like more Aircraft Carriers, submarines ,warships etc and we will be able to strengthen our Navy.

By the way why do you feel like that we should be spending more on the Navy?

Last edited:

Bajirao

Country flag
Especially the jahil farmers of Punjab and haryana who don't deserve to be called as humans.
Man,what are you talking ...don't be such lazy person..think more carefully..i didn't support farmers agitation but at the same calling them jahil is insane..and one thing more,no matter on which planet india sends its spacecraft foreign media will always keep its camera lens on our slums and poor farmers( not all farmers are poor i know)..so,first thing first..

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Man,what are you talking ...don't be such lazy person..think more carefully..i didn't support farmers agitation but at the same calling them jahil is insane..and one thing more,no matter on which planet india sends its spacecraft foreign media will always keep its camera lens on our slums and poor farmers( not all farmers are poor i know)..so,first thing first..
Only poor farmers deserve MSP and farm reforms not some rich ass deranged animals from Punjab and haryana. Bc we have seen their enough jahaliyat no need to defend them, here real farmers commit suicide and there those people ride on luxury vehicles and block highways for nothing.

Tuco

Country flag
Why should a person earning in crores need tax break, subsidies. MSP's..etc they are not mass job creators like industrialists, these bc's so greedy that they import laborers from kangladesh cause they have to pay more to locals. I say tax any farmer who earn more that 6 lakhs in profit. For huge landholders don't give MSP's and subsidies.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Why should a person earning in crores need tax break, subsidies. MSP's..etc they are not mass job creators like industrialists, these bc's so greedy that they import laborers from kangladesh cause they have to pay more to locals. I say tax any farmer who earn more that 6 lak profits. For for huge landholders don't give MSP's and subsidies.
How will you sort out rich farmers when the majority is poor? Better to block all the benefits given to farmers of Punjab and haryana since most of them are rich.

Tuco

Country flag
How will you sort out rich farmers when the majority is poor? Better to block all the benefits given to farmers of Punjab and haryana since most of them are rich.
That the government has to think, they are employing very talented babus they can come out with something. Like in our area its easy to differentiate between people who grow coffee, pepper, tobacco with farmers who grow vegetables and staple crops. The former are usually rich asses.

thebakofbakchod

Just eliminate farm subsidies altogther. The only subsidy should be given to rural industrial parks to employ these farmers and upskill them. $1 billion can easily create a 1000 hectare industrial park housing enough sheds/labour intensive factories to employ at least 1 lakh people directly or indirectly. At least now they will have a stable income of 10k a month minimum

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Just eliminate farm subsidies altogther. The only subsidy should be given to rural industrial parks to employ these farmers and upskill them. $1 billion can easily create a 1000 hectare industrial park housing enough sheds/labour intensive factories to employ at least 1 lakh people directly or indirectly. At least now they will have a stable income of 10k a month minimum
Ya'll Nibbiars babus nahi manage.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Can anyone tell the difference between "partnership with DRDO through SPV mode for the development of critical weapon systems n military platforms" and the current DCPP(development cum production partner) mode.
Lets take the case of a simple platform. Assume that you have the tech to build a high pressure 50mm round. But every available gun system with you fails during firing. So you require a new firing solution for the round. Now I have the tech and know how to make such a gun to fire that particular round effectively. So we reach an agreement where you would be making the round and I would be making the gun and promote the system as a whole. There would be knowledge flow to an extent in between us on the whole system. But neither of us can promote it independently. This is a form of Strategic Partnership Venture.

Again take the same case. Lets assume you have the tech and knowhow of the whole system. But to develop it, you need resource, which if you alone try to get is going to mothball the whole project. So you need a partner who have the resource to develop the product. Now you form up a venture with him where you would be using his resources in developing the system. This is a form of Development cum production partnership.

johnj

It's so absurd I know few people who own 100's of acres of coffee plantation, gets all subsidies and stuff. His income is in crores so so unfair this system is.
Who works on the fields ? He is the once who choose leaders. and leaders form gov. and gov serves them.

johnj

Only poor farmers deserve MSP and farm reforms not some rich ass deranged animals from Punjab and haryana. Bc we have seen their enough jahaliyat no need to defend them, here real farmers commit suicide and there those people ride on luxury vehicles and block highways for nothing.
Punjab and haryana- no comments.
Super rich farmers gets all benefits[gov jobs, free items, tax reduction] from gov and they give back 50% back to gov. [gov employees, gov political leaders, union leaders etc]. farmers = happy, gov == happy.
Why talking these in drdo section ?

johnj

What kind of industrial park ?
labour intensive factories - too expensive and capitalist/industrialist choose less labour and automation and robots. I read somewhere samsung factory giving 7k per month. trade union - deal breaker.
farm subsidy is less burden than giving jobs to 1 lakh people in gov industrial park on farm land.
First stop all benefits ==== not going to happen.
Bring advanced farming tech/method ===== gov low on cash.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
build a industrial parks in useless area, and educate and give jobs to that lakh people directly or indirectly.
No workers, no farming and farming land become another plot for housing and business.
Now one problem is== gov force to import food/farm items similar to petroleum.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
IMG_20220202_131145_927.jpg

THIS IS THE CAPEX BUDGET

Total Defence Budget - 5.25 lakh crore a jump of 9.82% over allocations in last fiscal.
What is a Capex budget? The money which the armed forces can use to buy stuff, in simple words.

Why Army and Air Force got less budget? Exact reasons can be different but Army used only 40% and Air Force used only 70% of the budget allocated to them previous year.