Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No, in that case, Russia should spread democracy in Ukraine.
A double edged sword for Russia. But then again I think self-pity is a Russian national past time, they'll have more of it as their economy continues to go down.

pmaitra

I don't even want to answer. Zit Halt!
Only if you have something to answer, would you have the option to "want" to answer.

You don't even have an answer, so your "wants" are trivial.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Europe and the West are no standards.

They have been proved to be hypocritical.

US the champion of human rights, has been caught in a bind with the Gauntanamo human rights violations.

I would say all should evaluate themselves as per their own standards since none is pure as the driven snow.

And we have standards? Soviet disappeared, and no new ones appeared.

pmaitra

A double edged sword for Russia. But then again I think self-pity is a Russian national past time, they'll have more of it as their economy continues to go down.
Russia (which was then RSFSR, and other Soviet Republics) sacrificed the most, and won the WWII. No other nation has sacrificed so much. Event then, it forgave Germany, and did not pester them for compensation.

Self-pity is better attributed where appropriate.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Only if you have something to answer, would you have the option to "want" to answer.

You don't even have an answer, so your "wants" are trivial.
You said something silly, so I don't want to answer. Our corrupt politicians don't need to intimidate, they can just buy.

pmaitra

You said something silly, so I don't want to answer. Our corrupt politicians don't need to intimidate, they can just buy.
Silly? What is silly?

That 30% or 40% voted? What was silly?

That opposition candidates were intimidated? That was silly?

That Ukraine owes Russian about $35 billion? That was silly?

If all these are silly, then you sure do have very high standards of sincerity.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Russia (which was then RSFSR, and other Soviet Republics) sacrificed the most, and won the WWII. No other nation has sacrificed so much. Event then, it forgave Germany, and did not pester them for compensation.

Self-pity is better attributed where appropriate.
What does modern Russia? You have the illusion that Russia proprietize the USSR.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
And no other nation is more responsible for the happening of WW2 than the former USSR (predecessor of current Russia) after NAZI Germany. The opportunistic calculus of Stalin (much Putin now in Ukraine) has brought terrible sufferings for decades to a lot of Baltic and Eastern Europeans countries.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Silly? What is silly?

That 30% or 40% voted? What was silly?

That opposition candidates were intimidated? That was silly?

That Ukraine owes Russian about $35 billion? That was silly?

If all these are silly, then you sure do have very high standards of sincerity.
No one is intimidated.I don't want to write much about the work of the Verkhovna Rada. Ukraine did not have Russia. Russia has invested in the Ukrainian economy, as well as other countries.

pmaitra

And no other nation is more responsible for the happening of WW2 than the former USSR (predecessor of current Russia) after NAZI Germany. The opportunistic calculus of Stalin (much Putin now in Ukraine) has brought terrible sufferings for decades to a lot of Baltic and Eastern Europeans countries.
That is your opinion, not a historical fact.

We are constantly told that Stalin alone is to blame for the Holdomor. Looking at Ukraine today, I seems that most of them prefer to do nothing useful, and then suffer, and find someone to blame.

At least Stalin did something right - he kept a buffer to protect the Russian heartland from the scheming west. The loss of the buffer and the subsequent aggressive NATO expansion against Russia, the Nazi coup in Kiev, all prove that what Stalin did was, holistically, the correct thing to do.

pmaitra

No one is intimidated.I don't want to write much about the work of the Verkhovna Rada. Ukraine did not have Russia. Russia has invested in the Ukrainian economy, as well as other countries.
Invested, aka, Russia owns Ukrainian government bonds. Of course, I do not have the complete details, but looks like Russia is in a very influential position.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Invested, aka, Russia owns Ukrainian government bonds. Of course, I do not have the complete details, but looks like Russia is in a very influential position.
What are bonds? Russia bought Ukrainian bonds in a 13 year, $ 3 billion, but after the coup demanded to return the money. She has already returned.

pmaitra

What are bonds? Russia bought Ukrainian bonds in a 13 year, $ 3 billion, but after the coup demanded to return the money. She has already returned.
I believe Russia still holds more bonds, but anyway, I am not sure whether your chocolate seller leader tells you the truth.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That is your opinion, not a historical fact.
It is historical fact. The Molotov-Ribbetropp Pact sealed WW2.

We are constantly told that Stalin alone is to blame for the Holdomor. Looking at Ukraine today, I seems that most of them prefer to do nothing useful, and then suffer, and find someone to blame.
Funny, that famine only happened in Ukraine the bread basket of the USSR and not in Russia (which was being supplied grains from Ukraine).

At least Stalin did something right - he kept a buffer to protect the Russian heartland from the scheming west.
Debatable. Some scholars would say that Stalin's Molotov-Ribentropp calculus ensured the death of millions of Russians. This is because that agreement ensured that opposition to Hitler (counter balance) was divided, which was Hitler's original plan. Had the USSR stuck with the Western powers against Hitler then there was a very real possibility that Hitler would not have been too bold in the lead up to WW2. Without WW2 the million sof Russians would not have died (a lot of them died in the hands of Russian officers).

The loss of the buffer and the subsequent aggressive NATO expansion against Russia, the Nazi coup in Kiev, all prove that what Stalin did was, holistically, the correct thing to do.
It all prove Stalin's folly. Now Putin seem to be repeating it.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I believe Russia still holds more bonds, but anyway, I am not sure whether your chocolate seller leader tells you the truth.
What Poroshenko? Or do you think. we are all blind, and he is our seeing eye?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I'd rather be that than be a closet Nazi sympathizer. :)
Oh, the "NAZI" excuse is now spreading to me... If justifying Russia actions in Ukraine is a climb to Mount Everest for you with you naked, that NAZI claim would be your trip to Mars on your new station wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles