Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgarg

Here . Even Europe imports from Russia has a lot of minerals and timber also. However, this is not critical dependence. It does, only because these exports are cheaper, but can easily switch to other suppliers.
Your idea of both EU and Europe is wrong. EU is an economic union, not a country. Europe is a continent, not a country.
Different countries in EU have different needs and different "dependence" on Russia.

You are used to strong central authority. You have an idea of EU as a replacement of USSR which in reality does not exist.

Your statements are point to brainwashing.

I am certain that Ukraine is heading for disaster.

sgarg

Iraq and libya are prime examples of what happens when USA meddles into internal affairs of a far away country.

Afghanistan is another mess to be left behind when USA leaves.

USA is creating so many mess nowadays that "single superpower" nightmare is visible for all.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Your idea of both EU and Europe is wrong. EU is an economic union, not a country. Europe is a continent, not a country.
Different countries in EU have different needs and different "dependence" on Russia.

You are used to strong central authority. You have an idea of EU as a replacement of USSR which in reality does not exist.

Your statements are point to brainwashing.

I am certain that Ukraine is heading for disaster.
It you don't understand. Ukraine has never had a strong Central government. Attempt to usurp the power - ended Maidan.Ok- let it be according to thy. We are heading for disaster. I am not interested in arguing with you.
In Iran, Libya, Syria, Yugoslavia - the President had authority. We had another model.

sgarg

It you don't understand. Ukraine has never had a strong Central government. Attempt to usurp the power - ended Maidan.Ok- let it be according to thy. We are heading for disaster. I am not interested in arguing with you.
In Iran, Libya, Syria, Yugoslavia - the President had authority. We had another model.
Why simple things are so difficult for you?? You cannot fight Russia, as you do not have the capability.

The West needs you ONLY for fighting Russia. Ukraine's relationship with USA is that of a servant, and not a friend.

Ukraine's is surrendering its sovereignty to USA in return of "loans". Which rational person does that??

The ONLY FACT in Ukraine is blowing up national debt and misery. Maybe that is the image of Ukrainian heaven??

65% of US children are now living in conditions of poverty. What will US do for you??

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Why simple things are so difficult for you?? You cannot fight Russia, as you do not have the capability.

The West needs you ONLY for fighting Russia. Ukraine's relationship with USA is that of a servant, and not a friend.

Ukraine's is surrendering its sovereignty to USA in return of "loans". Which rational person does that??

The ONLY FACT in Ukraine is blowing up national debt and misery. Maybe that is the image of Ukrainian heaven??

65% of US children are now living in conditions of poverty. What will US do for you??
I don't understand what are you trying to prove? This dispute is not productive. As the dispute of two fleas that define the dog.
Why don't I climb to discuss issues on the economics and politics of India? I never was in this country. To analyze the newspapers is stupid.

pmaitra

I don't understand what are you trying to prove? This dispute is not productive. As the dispute of two fleas that define the dog.
Why don't I climb to discuss issues on the economics and politics of India? I never was in this country. To analyze the newspapers is stupid.
Akim, ultimately, Ukraine will reap the benefits or suffer the results of its own actions.

What we are seeing in Ukraine is a good lesson for us Indians as to what not to do.

We have been under colonialism, which all began with a simple trade mission, called the East India Company.

I am of the opinion that you have been sold a lot of dreams by EU and the US which they never intended to fulfil, once they have Ukraine in their orbit.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Akim, ultimately, Ukraine will reap the benefits or suffer the results of its own actions.

What we are seeing in Ukraine is a good lesson for us Indians as to what not to do.

We have been under colonialism, which all began with a simple trade mission, called the East India Company.

I am of the opinion that you have been sold a lot of dreams by EU and the US which they never intended to fulfil, once they have Ukraine in their orbit.
Russia is not a colony. however, this year has paid West 160 billion.$ loan. The dollar in the beginning of the year cost - rub.34, now 57, food prices rose by a third, and some in 2 times.
Modern Russia is a big gas station, as Saudi Arabia, Venezuela or Kuwait.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

When a country is born, there are many aspects that affect it.

Take Pakistan. It is today in a mess.

It is because they were caught between a rock and a hard place.

They were in competition to prove Pakistan was a great boon for Muslim of undivided India.

To prove so, they aligned themselves with the SEATO and CENTO and sold itself to the way these organisations wanted them to act and react. And they were compensated with money and defence goods. n A feel good feeling no doubt.

But then the resultant was that it was contrary to the ethos that brought about the creation of Pakistan.

So they sank by the year till the US dictated terms and practically ran their Govt. Eg Mujahideens of Yahyah to implement US strategic concerns.

These Mujahideens mutated into Taliban and then to AQ and so on.

The Frankenstein now challenges the very concept and entity called Pakistan.

In short, Ukraine has to find its own identity. It cannot be bequeathed by foreign powers, be it the EU, US or Russia.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@Ray

So if Ukraine now says it wants to be part of EU can it exercise its sovereign right to do so without getting invaded or dissected by Russia?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray

So if Ukraine now says it wants to be part of EU can it exercise its sovereign right to do so without getting invaded or dissected by Russia?
Why not?

But then if East Ukraine says they won't join EU, what is the answer?

Akim

Professional
Country flag
@Ray

So if Ukraine now says it wants to be part of EU can it exercise its sovereign right
Become part of the EU it is a very long way. Now Ukraine has signed only by Association. This cast of Economics and legislation to European standards.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Become part of the EU it is a very long way. Now Ukraine has signed only by Association. This cast of Economics and legislation to European standards.
If is have understood the happening in Ukraine right, then would the East Ukrainians even want to have 'Association'?

Indeed if that was the case, then why should all this chaos and mayhem happen?

I agree Russia is involved, but then if the East Ukrainian was all for the EU or even 'Association', then surely they would not have allowed Russia to get involved.

Asked earlier, when Yanukovych was going to sign the Association.
I take it that you mean that Yanukovych was going to sign the Association.

If that was the case, then that is where Soros, EU, US, Germany played their cards wrong.

pmaitra

@Ray

No, in that case, Russia should spread democracy in Ukraine.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No, in that case, Russia should spread democracy in Ukraine.
Are you suggesting that the so called 'Referendum' should be recognised as the democratic will of the people of East Ukraine?

pmaitra

Russia is not a colony. however, this year has paid West 160 billion.$ loan. The dollar in the beginning of the year cost - rub.34, now 57, food prices rose by a third, and some in 2 times.
Modern Russia is a big gas station, as Saudi Arabia, Venezuela or Kuwait.
Sure, spout all the bile you can about Russia.

With starvation looming around the horizon, with lack of food in the stomach, there will be more bile (pun intended).

I am waiting to see who eventually comes to help Ukraine. Is Ukraine planning to pay back $35 billion it owes to Russia?

European standards?

Ha ha ha.

Some 30 or 40 percent voted, opposition members were intimidated, and we have European standards? Looks like North Korea has better standards than Ukraine.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
If is have understood the happening in Ukraine right, then would the East Ukrainians even want to have 'Association'?

Indeed if that was the case, then why should all this chaos and mayhem happen?

I agree Russia is involved, but then if the East Ukrainian was all for the EU or even 'Association', then surely they would not have allowed Russia to get involved.

I take it that you mean that Yanukovych was going to sign the Association.

If that was the case, then that is where Soros, EU, US, Germany played their cards wrong.
I have said many times. It's not a civil rebellion. A group of marginals seized power in the East of Ukraine. 91 year when Ukraine declared independence, there were three parts of Ukraine. Donbass is the part that wants to return to the Soviet Union. So there marginals use the slogan of nationalization of all businesses. There the city's looks almost unchanged with 92 years. I don't want a long time to paint, but in depressed regions (Crimea, Donbass) was ground for nostalgia about the Soviet Union.

pmaitra

Are you suggesting that the so called 'Referendum' should be recognised as the democratic will of the people of East Ukraine?
No Sir, please do not take my words literally. I was implying the US/NATO definition of "democracy," i.e., sending fighters, bombers, and tanks, and slaughtering people.

It was supposed to be a joke, to tell our @asianobserve friend that we do not buy the codswallop his beloved NATO sells to the world.

Reactions: Ray

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Europe and the West are no standards.

They have been proved to be hypocritical.

US the champion of human rights, has been caught in a bind with the Gauntanamo human rights violations.

I would say all should evaluate themselves as per their own standards since none is pure as the driven snow.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
European standards?

Ha ha ha.

Some 30 or 40 percent voted, opposition members were intimidated, and we have European standards? Looks like North Korea has better standards than Ukraine.

I don't even want to answer. Zit Halt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles