Small arms and Light Weapons

When picking a gun, what would your primary consideration be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tomthounaojam

Country flag
We have to wait and watch for the quality of barrels and other metal parts.The quality of metallurgy in other indian products like Insas Ghatak are pathetic
I spoke to a friend who is currently issued with Ghatak in MP, he told me to come to his office one of these days if I want to get a feel of the gun. He said, he prefers the old AK, the major concern with Ghatak is the handguard, it is too big for Mongoloid feature hand with an average height of 5'6-8 and it gets heated up, not that he fire in full auto all the time.

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
RANT INCOMING
So according to Mr.Alphaudin-
1.The “indigenous”rifle will increase its “indigenous content”with upcoming orders.
a. If this rifle has only 25% indigenous content (5% during the first batches) how is this a make in India rifle?
b.If it does not have indigenous content what are we actually paying for?
c.We have to wait for more rifles when it will actively be an indigenous rifle so the entire jhumla of make in India rifle in Amethi was a fraud.
d.This rifle is almost 3years delayed and still the first batches has less than 50% of indigenous content.

2.For Sights Mr.Expert says we need sites for different purposes such as THERMALS ,TELESCOPIC etc
a. Idk how wrong iam but putting thermals on a rifle that is supposed to be our main battle rifle which means it will be on the frontline sounds dumb.
b.Expert Saab also mentions about different requirements that’s why we don’t need standard sights and every unit should purchase on their own so according to him all the other nations who have a standard sight or optic for their battle/main rifle are dumb and don’t know shit.

3.On SSSDEFENCE brother said we will probably need in future

a.he doesn’t mention the fact that army was screaming to not get an AR style rifle because “soldiers are not familiar”with them and ends up buying sig 716 🤡
b.Contract was signed before SSSD rifles came out for ak 203 ok got it what about sig 716?why didn’t we go for their rifles if it was an emergency procurement?They had options for both AR & AK style rifles.

My understanding-All this bs will keep going and YouTubers like ALPHADEFENCE will keep doing tricks on top brass while they fill their pockets up instead of asking questions about it he makes a video justifying everything every time whether it is lack of armoured vehicles causing casualties in ambush or ak 203.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I spoke to a friend who is currently issued with Ghatak in MP, he told me to come to his office one of these days if I want to get a feel of the gun. He said, he prefers the old AK, the major concern with Ghatak is the handguard, it is too big for Mongoloid feature hand with an average height of 5'6-8 and it gets heated up, not that he fire in full auto all the time.
The hand guard is too crude to be honest plus its bulky.

jai jaganath

Country flag
RANT INCOMING
So according to Mr.Alphaudin-
1.The “indigenous”rifle will increase its “indigenous content”with upcoming orders.
a. If this rifle has only 25% indigenous content (5% during the first batches) how is this a make in India rifle?
b.If it does not have indigenous content what are we actually paying for?
c.We have to wait for more rifles when it will actively be an indigenous rifle so the entire jhumla of make in India rifle in Amethi was a fraud.
d.This rifle is almost 3years delayed and still the first batches has less than 50% of indigenous content.

2.For Sights Mr.Expert says we need sites for different purposes such as THERMALS ,TELESCOPIC etc
a. Idk how wrong iam but putting thermals on a rifle that is supposed to be our main battle rifle which means it will be on the frontline sounds dumb.
b.Expert Saab also mentions about different requirements that’s why we don’t need standard sights and every unit should purchase on their own so according to him all the other nations who have a standard sight or optic for their battle/main rifle are dumb and don’t know shit.

3.On SSSDEFENCE brother said we will probably need in future

a.he doesn’t mention the fact that army was screaming to not get an AR style rifle because “soldiers are not familiar”with them and ends up buying sig 716 🤡
b.Contract was signed before SSSD rifles came out for ak 203 ok got it what about sig 716?why didn’t we go for their rifles if it was an emergency procurement?They had options for both AR & AK style rifles.

My understanding-All this bs will keep going and YouTubers like ALPHADEFENCE will keep doing tricks on top brass while they fill their pockets up instead of asking questions about it he makes a video justifying everything every time whether it is lack of armoured vehicles causing casualties in ambush or ak 203.
I will address the indigenous part
It was already stated in clause that 100% indigenization will take 2-3 years
It will rise from 5 to 25 to 50 to 65 to 80 to 100 in batches
It was there in one of the article covering to news

Mr.Evil007

Country flag
I will address the indigenous part
It was already stated in clause that 100% indigenization will take 2-3 years
It will rise from 5 to 25 to 50 to 65 to 80 to 100 in batches
It was there in one of the article covering to news
but that’s exactly what I mean whats indigenous and what are we paying for if in 6L rifle 100% will be achieved after 1L rifles?

jai jaganath

Country flag
but that’s exactly what I mean whats indigenous and what are we paying for if in 6L rifle 100% will be achieved after 1L rifles?
Royalty will paid post 1.5lac rifles
I have no idea which parts have been indigenized and which will happen in future but eventually after 1.5 lac rifles evey other part will be indigenous and only royalty will be given to Russia

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Whats the percentage of indeg components in Punjloyd guns like Tavor and X-95 .

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Is the Tar rifle made in India made up of indeg components? Most probably yes as men complain about it when compared with original bulgarian and old Russian rifles

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Mate, the price of the NGCR round is still cheaper than the Thai 9mm round they were quoting 3$ per round and I have to buy 25 rounds, I was let see. Must be the Louis Vuitton series
Shelling out almost 6000 rupees for 25 pistol shots..meh..Again the experience of shooting from a civilian point of view is something special.So if you have money it’s nothing.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Mate, the price of the NGCR round is still cheaper than the Thai 9mm round they were quoting 3$ per round and I have to buy 25 rounds, I was let see. Must be the Louis Vuitton series

WolfPack86

Country flag
INDO-RUSSIAN JOINT VENTURE HANDED OVER 27,000 AK-203 ASSAULT RIFLES TO INDIAN ARMY
The Indian Army has started receiving the Russian AK-203 assault rifles after the deal with Russia saw back-to-back delays, partly due to the war in Ukraine and payment delays. As many as 27,000 rifles have been handed over to the Army so far by the Indo-Russian joint venture established at Korwa in Uttar Pradesh, according to official sources.

“Everything is on track after initial delays, and 27,000 rifles have been given to the Army. Another 8,000 will be handed over in the next two weeks. Indigenisation level achieved is around 25%,” an official in the know said.

A source said that more than 10,000 rifles have been handed over to Units and additional ones are being inspected.

Under an over ₹5,000-crore contract signed in July 2021, over 6.1 lakh AK-203 assault rifles are to be manufactured in India with technology transfer from Russia, by a joint venture Indo-Russian Rifles Private Limited (IRRPL). The IRRPL was set up in 2019 between the erstwhile Ordnance Factory Board [now Advanced Weapons and Equipment India Limited (AWEIL) and Munitions India Limited (MIL)] from India and Rosoboronexport (RoE) and Kalashnikov concern of Russia.

As reported by The Hindu earlier, as per contractual terms, the first 70,000 rifles will be produced in India with a phased increase in the extent of localisation from 5% to 70%. The remaining rifles will be produced with 100% localisation. The full-scale production of the Ak-203 rifles is expected to be reached within 2-3 years.

Systematic Manner’

On the ongoing process of indigenisation, the source stated that it was being done in an “extremely systematic manner”. “So, the process will be slow. Even our initial timelines catered for two years for this process of 70% indigenous content,” the source said, adding, “We are aiming to achieve it before that.”

As reported earlier, in the backdrop of repeated delays in concluding the deal, India had procured and inducted 70,000 AK-103 assault rifles off the shelf under a deal signed in August 2021.

For a while, the Army has been looking to replace the indigenous INSAS (Indian National Small Arms System) rifles in use with a modern rifle. The Army has inducted 66,400 of the 72,400 SIG-716 assault rifles procured under a ₹700-crore deal in February 2019 with Sig Sauer of the U.S. which have been provided to frontline troops involved in counter-insurgency operations. The Ak-203 rifles were to meet the larger demand for assault rifles. However, as the deal conclusion got stuck over the issue of pricing, the Army decided to go for a repeat order of another 72,400 SIG-716 rifles.

tomthounaojam

Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles