Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jouni

Other than the most compelling evidence of ""Putin likes to start his [armed] campaigns on weekends", is/are there any evidence.
They have used this Rus will attack tomorrow, Rus submarine here, Russi plane belonging to Latvia invaded "Great" Britain so on, that it doesn't cause much excitement now.
Remember @jouni (as discussed in the other thread) you are a post-doc in propaganda, you got to post quality propaganda sources not desperate ukarinian sources.
Thanks for this accolade, I carry it with pride. Also you should not hide your candle under a basket. Teachers in the KG may not like it, because of fire hazard. They may kick you out ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Thanks for this accolade, I carry it with pride. Also you should not hide your candle under a basket. Teachers in the KG may not like it, because of fire hazard.
You know, for a post-doc in propaganda, you ain't that good. You gotta try harder.
For example I conveyed my idea in my previous post that the article you quoted was just childish fear-mongering and crappy propaganda, while you made some fire hazard joke.
Try harder jouni, you can do it. :thumb:

jouni

You know, for a post-doc in propaganda, you ain't that good. You gotta try harder.
For example I conveyed my idea in my previous post that the article you quoted was just childish fear-mongering and crappy propaganda, while you made some fire hazard joke.
Try harder jouni, you can do it. :thumb:
Yeah, trying to translate finnish wisdoms to english is not that easy.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Yeah, trying to translate finnish wisdoms to english is not that easy.
Yeah, trying to translate my own wisdom into finnish/english is also not easy, but can be done under circumstances.

jouni

Yeah, trying to translate my own wisdom into finnish/english is also not easy, but can be done under circumstances.
Hide candle under a basket = keep your excellence just to yourself.

Getting out of KG = Indian propaganda is also getting to be quite good.

pmaitra

WASHINGTON: The United States said on Friday it could not confirm reports of a new Russian military incursion in eastern Ukraine despite charges to that effect by the Kiev government.

State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said Russian battle tanks, armored vehicles and cargo trucks had been seen on Thursday at a rail yard about 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) from the border.

A Ukrainian military spokesman said on Friday that a column of 32 tanks, 16 howitzer artillery and 30 truckloads of troops crossed into the separatist-controlled Lugansk region.

Psaki said the United States did not have "independent confirmation" of the reports, but voiced Washington's dismay.
Source: US not confirming Russian incursion in Ukraine - The Times of India

pmaitra

Moscow warns 'circles in Washington' over hindering peace process in Ukraine

Moscow is bewildered by Washington's warmongering rhetoric, which accompanied President Petro Poroshenko's visit to the US. Russia has also noted all the Russia-unfriendly opinions voiced recently by hawkish American politicians.

"We'll keep in mind all signals, including those unfriendly towards Russia, that were heard during the visit of the Ukrainian president to Washington," commented Russia's Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov. "We do regret that there are quite influential circles [within the American establishment] that are unambiguously working against the emerging stabilization [in Ukraine]," Ryabkov said.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
WASHINGTON: The United States said on Friday it could not confirm reports of a new Russian military incursion in eastern Ukraine despite charges to that effect by the Kiev government.

State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said Russian battle tanks, armored vehicles and cargo trucks had been seen on Thursday at a rail yard about 25 kilometers (15.5 miles) from the border.

A Ukrainian military spokesman said on Friday that a column of 32 tanks, 16 howitzer artillery and 30 truckloads of troops crossed into the separatist-controlled Lugansk region.

Psaki said the United States did not have "independent confirmation" of the reports, but voiced Washington's dismay.
So my dear psaki says that russians have their tanks in their country, but she doesn't have evidence.

bhramos

Country flag
At 0:20, they are putting some cellophane type of things. What are those? Spall liners? Or is it just to keep the bunker warm and cosy?
it's for both , to keep warm in winter and to stop muddy waste falling through the logs into the bunker

sgarg

Pseudo-elections November 2, voted, older people, who although will return to the Soviet Union and youth (16-20 years), which told how the USSR was good. Active age (25-40 years), did not go to vote.
Data please. No propaganda.

Give me hard data for both sides.

sgarg

There will be good days for Kiev and there will be bad days. This will go on. The Russians have to firewall their economy, so Russians are providing only limited support while Kiev fights all out war.

So the equation is skewed. However the fact on the ground is Kiev is unable to push in this rather favorable situation. This shows Kiev's incompetence despite loud talk.

"Killing some terrorists" propaganda is not going to work for me. Show me some real gains??

I see the following:

1. Kiev is spending loans on war. When the results are visible to public in one year time, the public will be aghast.
2. Public opinion is fickle. The public opinion may favor Kiev today, but there is no guarantee it will last.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
More Evidence of Economic Slowdown in Central Asia | The Diplomat

This month's report from the International Monetary Fund stands as the latest round of evidence that Russia's self-inflicted harm has extended to its neighbors. Of course, this reality was already readily apparent – a recent EBRD report showed just how much damage Russia's economic slide had wreaked in Eurasia. The new IMF report, however, not only confirms the EBRD's findings, but also allows us to take a closer look at certain of the post-sanctions rates – and to pin the blame for the region's slowdown that much more firmly on Moscow.

Overall, all five Central Asian states are looking at more sluggish projected GDP growth moving forward than they've recently known, especially for those nations most closely entwined with the Russian economy. While the IMF says Turkmenistan looks set to recover by 2015, Kazakhstan's GDP growth rate this year will likely be nearly 25 percent below than its 2013 clip, dropping from 6.0 percent last year to a projected 4.6 percent rate in 2014. The IMF likewise projects that Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan will see little respite from their current slowdowns.

The reasons for this, per the IMF, remain relatively simple. Central Asia is slowing "mainly because of negative spillovers from an economic slowdown and increased geopolitical risks in Russia and weaker domestic demand in a number of [Central Asian] countries. "¦ Geopolitical risks surrounding the Russia-Ukraine situation dominate the outlook." Moreover, the fallout hasn't yet reached a stasis – as the IMF notes, this latest round of forecast growth has already declined 0.75 percent from the previous projection just six months ago.

And there may yet be more decline to come. While Kazakhstan has managed to stave off both presumed inflation and another round of devaluation – coming on the backs of Russia's self-sanctions and a severely weakened ruble, respectively – Astana may yet be living on borrowed fiscal time. Further, the brunt of the economic fallout from foundering Russian economy is still to reach those nations most dependent on remittance rates from migrant laborers in Central Asia. Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan have already seen discernible dips in their substantial remittance rates, and more may be coming. As the IMF notes, "A 1 percentage point decrease in Russia's GDP would reduce remittances to [Central Asian] countries by about 1½ percent." A decimated ruble will also continue pressuring the Kyrgyz and Tajik currencies, "feeding quickly into inflation."

The bottom, it seems, has yet to come. And with closer economic integration via the Eurasian Economic Union on the horizon for Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, and potentially Tajikistan, this initial dip may be a signal of what to expect for the foreseeable future. Coupled with tumbling oil prices, massive fields experiencing delay upon delay, and a remarkable energy shortage looming, those nations who've tethered themselves closest to Russia look set for little economic optimism, no matter what Kazakhstan's newest ads on CNN may claim.

pmaitra

This is what happened before the Ukraine-Russia gas deal:

Russia calls Europe's bluff on Ukraine gas deal

by Geoffrey Smith

"Did you hear a guarantee? Nyet, me neither."
Anadolu Agency--Getty Images

"We have offered our European colleagues to look into possibilities of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the European Investment Bank, the International Monetary Fund and other financial institutions. Resources do exist, but we don't see any willingness to work so far," Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak told state TV after a meeting which ran late into Tuesday night in Brussels.
Russia stopped shipping through Ukraine in May, claiming Ukraine owed it over $5 billion for past supplies. Ukraine's national gas company Naftogaz says it only owes $3.1 billion. The sides are arguing over the difference in a Stockholm arbitration tribunal.
Eventually, EU agreed to stand as the guarantor for the payment for the gas deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles