Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
It won japan.
Even if you discount the nukes, Japan was a lost cause. Industrial output was finished when the firebombing started, America could have starved Japan into submission. They just cared more about time, so they went with nukes.

Won Germany too, in WW2. Biggest fault for germany was industrial output, not winter or anything.
Russia can capture all of Ukraine, but holding it is another matter.. Also, there are land routes to supply Ukranian resistance in Western Ukraine, from NATO territory.. But, anyway Russia would not like to hold much of western Ukraine anyway, in case of an invasion

maximus777

Country flag
I think both Russia and the West walked away with something. Russia probably got a verbal assurance that Ukraine would not be included in NATO and West got assurance that Russia would not invade. Crisis defused for the time being but not sure how much these assurances are worth. It's a ticking time 🎆 for sure!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Putin’s paradox: ‘Ukrainian’ separatists are Russian citizens

Indeed, Putin's position in Minsk II is a headscratcher. On one hand Putin is insisting that the "separatists" in Donetsk region is in internal problem of Ukraine (a civil war), and thus Ukraine must negotiate with them, but on the other hand all the leaders and officers and almost all the soldiers of the pro-Russian movement in Donetsk are Russian citizens or have been granted Russian citizenship, making them Russian subjects and thus foreign occupiers of Ukrainian territory. :facepalm:

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
alright boys i'll be betting today,in the next 5 days russkis will either attack ukraine or just say it was some armed excercise

Detective Pennington

Country flag
Richard Spencer actually had an interesting take on this. Essentially, if Russia invades and the US doesn't do anything, it's a sign of the further decline of the American empire.

I think the US and EU and etc. will provide arms and maybe training for the Ukraine army, but that won't do shit with Russia right on their border. Ukraine will literally fall to Russia.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Kiev is slightly hard to take, marshy surroundings. But still, can be done given the sparse amount of Ukranian forces and expected air superiority of russia.
Ukriane is open terrain , ideal for arty
We fired 12000 shells per day on pakis in kargil as it's terrain is akin to afganistan but Ukraine is a flat plain

sorcerer

Country flag
alright boys i'll be betting today,in the next 5 days russkis will either attack ukraine or just say it was some armed excercise
Mostly an armed exercise...but did Russia achieve its purpose, diplomatically!
Russia may extract a few things if the west and the eurape wants to avoid war.

sorcerer

Country flag
Richard Spencer actually had an interesting take on this. Essentially, if Russia invades and the US doesn't do anything, it's a sign of the further decline of the American empire.

I think the US and EU and etc. will provide arms and maybe training for the Ukraine army, but that won't do shit with Russia right on their border. Ukraine will literally fall to Russia.
Its too late for arms supply and training..unless they get to drag the war on for ever make Ukraine like the middle east hell hole with many factions and war lords.

sorcerer

Country flag
I don't see what he has achieved yet.
What deal did Macron broker..or is he implanted by the west to buy time for the movement of equipments to Ukraine!
Hoping some high profile politicians and heads of state in a row visiting Ukraine next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles