AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

saik

the audio is poor. nice video. I hope to see the wind tunnel models.

saik

rahulrds1 , I think that they are still keeping that old model for display. the new wind tunnel wala does not have a wide gap between aft wing section and the tail.

PaliwalWarrior

Saurav Jha "@SJha1618 2m2 minutes ago Bengaluru, Karnataka

AMCA is doable in the stipulated time frame because the emphasis is on avionics, signature management and not on uber aerodynamics.

Saurav Jha "@SJha1618 2m2 minutes ago Bengaluru, Karnataka

According to Dr Tamilmani the tech base for the AMCA pretty much exists in the country today. So there will be no repeat of Tejas delays.

Saurav Jha "@SJha1618 10m10 minutes ago

AMCA deadline is 10 years from now. First flight in 2020. IOC by 2024.

Even the funding is not ready. SO we should assume these time lines start from the day of funding .

will tejas Mk2 & AMCA run side by side ?

if tech base for AMCA is ready cant we move the schedule up for tejas Mk2?

rahulrds1

Advance Medium combat aircraft AMCA , ADA Radar cross Section RCS measurement

rahulrds1

Advance Medium combat aircraft AMCA officially by ADA - Aeronautical Development Agency India at aero india 2015

rahulrds1

Advance Medium combat aircraft AMCA IRST infra-red search and track officially by ADA - Aeronautical Development Agency India at aero india 2015

rahulrds1

Advance Medium combat aircraft AMCA AESA Radar officially by ADA - Aeronautical Development Agency India at aero india 2015

rahulrds1

Advance Medium combat aircraft AMCA EW (Electronic warfare) and Netcentric System officially by ADA - Aeronautical Development Agency India at aero india 2015

rahulrds1

Advance Medium combat aircraft AMCA , External Weapon Hard points officially by ADA - Aeronautical Development Agency India at aero india 2015

smestarz

Country flag
will tejas Mk2 & AMCA run side by side ?

if tech base for AMCA is ready cant we move the schedule up for tejas Mk2?
I would ideally look at AMCA and Tejas II working together, like a Hunter-killer team.
I do not limit Tejas II to just air defence and interception, but also to secondary air superiority, where it is able to accompany AMCA over enemy territory. AMCA is a stealth plane and has all attributes of being stealth by design, but Tejas can be VLO due to its size and also use good jammers (similar to one in SPECTRA) and be electronically stealth.

Thus section of AMCA and Tejas II can work together in better symbiotic way, where Tejas benefits from the long range and more powerful AMCA radar to target, where as it remains stealthy and does not emit.

But due to lower cost of operation, Tejas can be used more for regular flying and regular sorties.

For AMCA its more of getting and developing the avionics, and hence the development of it should be much faster.

PaliwalWarrior

I would ideally look at AMCA and Tejas II working together, like a Hunter-killer team.
I do not limit Tejas II to just air defence and interception, but also to secondary air superiority, where it is able to accompany AMCA over enemy territory. AMCA is a stealth plane and has all attributes of being stealth by design, but Tejas can be VLO due to its size and also use good jammers (similar to one in SPECTRA) and be electronically stealth.

Thus section of AMCA and Tejas II can work together in better symbiotic way, where Tejas benefits from the long range and more powerful AMCA radar to target, where as it remains stealthy and does not emit.

But due to lower cost of operation, Tejas can be used more for regular flying and regular sorties.

For AMCA its more of getting and developing the avionics, and hence the development of it should be much faster.
i meant that their development & induction - the programs running side by side

of coourse they will serve in combo that is a given

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Their are not enough scientist to run two programs simultaneously, Only after Tejas MK2 get over the work on AMCA can start ..

grampiguy

Their are not enough scientist to run two programs simultaneously, Only after Tejas MK2 get over the work on AMCA can start ..
So many Indians are working as scientists all over the world. Why doesn't Indian govt use some mechanism to tap that potential? After all, American DARPA is headed by an Indian American woman.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles