AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
" while our missiles have to do considerable maneuvering and traveling before they can strike Chinese cities in the even of a war." -well ballistic missile do reentry manuevering in the endo atmosphere so to target beijing agni 3 will not have to negotiate mountains. speaking of cruise missiles like brahmos- it is not a terrian hugging cruise missile and have enough power to paralyse major chinese military installations in tibet.

Param

Cruise missiles target areas of vital importance and ballistic missiles won't just take out air bases--- they'll take out entire Delhi. This is what is the blunder of Nehru's silly and impractical policies I am talking about. Losing Tibet and then losing our own Aksai Chin are the worst blunders keeping Chinese in mind apart from keeping the crown of India i.e. Kashmir a hostage to jihadis and Islamist fundamentalists in the valley.

We don't have any official buffer zones like Russia and China (now) have. Our greatest defence was Himalayan ranges that acted as a natural barrier against Chinese aggression and now that is being compromised due to corrupt and weak national leadership.
Dude if they take out Delhi, India's seat of power that would mean we would have taken out Beijing. China may strike other cities close to the border but not Delhi. The Chinese do have the capability but that does not mean they would do it. Taking out or even paralysing a countries leardership in the India-China conflict is not a joke.

Would we dare to take out Islamabad in a conventional war? We could expect Shaheens hitting Delhi. Don't worry if some day you see cruise missiles flying over delhi and hitting us at will, by then our missiles would have hit Beijing.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Would we dare to take out Islamabad in a conventional war?

We could expect Shaheens hitting Delhi.

Don't worry if some day you see cruise missiles flying over delhi and hitting us at will, by then our missiles would have hit Beijing.
Yes!
Their are multiple layers of BMD defending Delhi, their are zero chances of Shaheen etc hitting near Delhi..
I doubt!!

This action may result in panic in politicians and it is very possible they will try to change the War strategy..

Last edited:

FGFAPilot

I don't know why we need NGFA when we already have FGFA coming from Russia.It will save a lot of money by just understanding how the FGFA works instead of developing something inferior to it.:emot100:

luckyy

I don't know why we need NGFA when we already have FGFA coming from Russia.It will save a lot of money by just understanding how the FGFA works instead of developing something inferior to it.:emot100:
fighter aircratfs are getting costly by each day..

you have to develope your own ,..

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
ow the FGFA works instead of developing something inferior to it.
Just because it is domestic doesn't mean it is inferior. We need to start trusting ourselves rather than worship foreign maal.

jatkshatriya

well actually there are a few reasons
1) F-35 though being developed after F-22 is inferior to F-22 in terms of air to air combat..but then its a strike aircraft...it is also economical as compared to F-22....F-35 will relieve the F-22 of strike duties and so the sole aim of F-22 will be to achieve air dominance
2)The same logic applies here also..PAKFA will be a pure air superiority aircraft if AMCA comes up in time....as MACA will be a multi role aircraft and PAKFA nad its derivatives can be used for acieveing air superiority
3) It will be cheaper than the PAKFA so can be inducted in larger numbers.
4) Research is very important..LCA research has prooved very beneficial for our tech base...though we are manufacturing Su MKIs which are superior to LCA..but bcaz of LCA we have a good base in aircraft designs and we can carry on from here to LCA mk 2 then AMCA then may be a top line unmanned combat aircraft

neo29

NGFA closely follows the PAK FA with Indian tailor made customization. Remember using the Su-30 we made the MKI. Its just the same.

But i wish that AMCA have a different design that PAK FA or NGFA. It would look really weird we buying PAK FA, NGFA and AMCA which will be the same in design.

black eagle

Country flag
NGFA closely follows the PAK FA with Indian tailor made customization. Remember using the Su-30 we made the MKI. Its just the same.

But i wish that AMCA have a different design that PAK FA or NGFA. It would look really weird we buying PAK FA, NGFA and AMCA which will be the same in design.
I think AMCA & NGFA are same projects.

Agantrope

PAK FA (1 Single seat T-50 or firefox) => FGFA (2 seat T-50)
AMCA => NGFA

jatkshatriya

PAK FA (1 Single seat T-50 or firefox) => FGFA (2 seat T-50)
AMCA => NGFA
no man...PAKFA 2 seater => NGFA
but AMCA is not NGFA...its a complete new design indigenously by ADA...it will play the role of F-35 for india if it comes in time and PAKFA will play the role of F-22

plugwater

but AMCA is not NGFA...its a complete new design indigenously by ADA...it will play the role of F-35 for india if it comes in time and PAKFA will play the role of F-22
Recently when Requirements of MCA now re-named to NGFA (Next Generation Fighter Aircraft) by Indian Air force was made public in section of media , IAF clear dedicates what it wants for NGFA and seems to leave very little room for developers ADE and other DRDO labs .
For years NGFA was rumored to be a strike aircraft with secondary role of Air defence capabilities.

Now IAF wants a fully multirole Aircraft with almost all the technology which only a 5th Generation Aircraft like Pak-Fa which India is partnered with Russia for its development will have
India developing Next Generation Fighter Aircraft

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Jat,

LCA= Light Combat aircraft

Next step MCA i.e Medium Combat Aircraft= NGFA i.e Next Generation Fighter Aircraft (later designation) = AMCA i.e Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (later later designation)

PAK FA= Russian 5th Gen fighter (single seat)
FGFA = Indian derivative of PAKFA (Double seat)

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
india should start developing high end radar absorbent materials and possibly take the help of indian universities like iisc and iits in this research. while scientist in roorkee have already developed radar absorbent materials to reduce rcs of an aircraft by about 88% there is a long way to go to match the american standard of stealt.also drdo should try to develop cold plasma technology (like russian).

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
dont ask me the details but i personally know a family very high up in the bjp and years back they told me the LCA project start in 1976 ....so do your calcs - the delay has been mid-boggling excuses ( valid or otherwise ) not withstanding

Last edited:

neo29

The propsal may be been put up in 1976 but the main work started in 1983 on the drawing boards.

But the fact remains that we have delayed LCA a lot. It was the Vajpayee Govt that pushed LCA.

pavanvenkatesh

i feel we should first concentrate on perfecting Kaveri Engine and AESA radar before persuing any more of these projects because it is not prudence to waste money on AMCA or FGFA designs when we still have to perfect core technologies like engines and radars, we are still struggling with developing them moreover we will soon have 126 MMRCA competation winner a/c's flying with indian colours and the russian PAK-FA will be there in the next 5 - 10 years we should not repeat the same mistakes again

Illusive

Country flag
I think AMCA would finish a lot faster than we would expect, LCA was started in a different timeline when things were more not too complicated as its today. LCA is quit an achievement but AMCA would be far greater than this, LCA can be perfected in time like French-Dassualt, LCA was a learning curve and AMCA is the place where to put LCA experience. If AMCA is successful then the MMRCA deal could be the last of its kind since India wouldn't depend on imports in future paving way for different breeds of aircraft which India could produce by itself or co-produce.

gogbot

I think AMCA would finish a lot faster than we would expect, LCA was started in a different timeline when things were more not too complicated as its today. LCA is quit an achievement but AMCA would be far greater than this, LCA can be perfected in time like French-Dassualt, LCA was a learning curve and AMCA is the place where to put LCA experience. If AMCA is successful then the MMRCA deal could be the last of its kind since India wouldn't depend on imports in future paving way for different breeds of aircraft which India could produce by itself or co-produce.
Wisful thinking , LCA may have yielded results and Created a base for future projects. But AMCA is a challenge on a completely new level. I would expect a minimum of at least 10 years(optimistic) to 20 years (pesimistic). But given the fact we have so many inputs from the PAK-fa , to make the FGFA . AMCA will also benefit.

My best guess is prototype sometime after 2020 , induction however totally depends on how Babuism is happening.

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
dont ask me the details but i personally know a family very high up in the bjp and years back they told me the LCA project start in 1976 ....so do your calcs - the delay has been mid-boggling excuses ( valid or otherwise ) not withstanding
Yes you are right....but the problem was Kurt Tank had already left India by then and there was no one capable enough to lead a team. So by the time they decided they need to make an aircraft they realized they didnt have the proper technologies, and yada yada yada by 2001 the first CA flew. Aircraft design is an evolution, it is not something that can be acquired in a single day.

And stop your speculations people....the GSQR have just reached ADA.....a long way to go.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles