AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Sweden and Israel invest far more than India on R&D as a percentage of GDP. India has other developmental priorities. However, once India achieves middle-income status, it will be able to focus resources on R&D as well.

India has already lost the largest-importer tag; it’s now the second-largest importer.
In fact, roughly 88-89% of our naval ships are made-in-India as of 2020 notwithstanding foreign components (if I remember correctly). By 2030, I can confidently say that the India will be able to source almost all of its Navy indigenously.

Let’s consider an example.

Just about 30 years ago, Sweden and Israel would’ve also shamed China. But what’s the situation now?! China has advanced so far that its on the verge of rivalling the US! The Pentagon has admitted in its 2020 annual report that China is already ahead of the US in some areas and will seek to surpass the US by 2050. James E. Fanell, a former top US military intelligence officer, estimates that China may “achieve sea control in the global maritime commons as early as 2030, and potentially even sea superiority by 2049”.

So my question to you is: how did China go from having a primitive military in 1990 to a modern military which challenges the US in 2020? The answer may sound simplistic but that’s the crux if it: a blitzkrieg of economic growth.

India has a population similar to China’s, and both of them are not very different in terms of national resources (I won’t elaborate this in this thread, we’ll save this for another day). Therefore, India has the potential to rival China in terms of Gross National Power. In fact, India is the only country which has the potential to surpass China in the long term. And if you’re wondering, the US is likely to loose its number-1 status just like Britain, if history is a guide. The US appears likely to slide to number-3.

Let’s continue this discussion on another thread because it’s deviating from AMCA.
Anyone who thinks the Chinese military is close to the US is just a fool, or they may be US military people who are trying to scare Congress to give them more money. The Chinese military is nowhere close to the US in any of the the 3 branches. When it comes to the Navy they are decades behind the US. The Chinese generals know how far behind they are - thats why they dont even dare to shoot US reccon planes as they fly thru the Taiwan Straits, Do you think China would dare to fly a reccon aircraft 100 miles from the coast of the US ?

AZTEC

Country flag
Anyone who thinks the Chinese military is close to the US is just a fool, or they may be US military people who are trying to scare Congress to give them more money. The Chinese military is nowhere close to the US in any of the the 3 branches. When it comes to the Navy they are decades behind the US. The Chinese generals know how far behind they are - thats why they dont even dare to shoot US reccon planes as they fly thru the Taiwan Straits, Do you think China would dare to fly a reccon aircraft 100 miles from the coast of the US ?
I disagree with you but in a more civil manner.

I won’t normally reply to a person whose thought process is simplistic enough to think that shooting recon planes is a criteria for proving military strength, but I’ll make an exception here.

Most Americans have a hard time believing that a Russian cruise missile can be better than an American one in some ways, a fact I heard from the awesome YouTube channel Covert Cabal. They have an inbuilt superiority complex.

Agreed, PLA is currently far behind to the US military simply because China doesn’t have an iota of modern combat experience. But when you talk about 2050, you’re talking about a China whose economy is 2-times or, maybe even 3-times bigger than the US economy; this simply means that China, in 2050, will have a military budget twice or thrice that of the US.

Let me quote Elon Musk:
“A thing that will feel pretty strange is that the Chinese economy is probably going to be at least twice as big as the United States’ economy, maybe three times,” said Elon Musk. “The foundation of war is economics,” Musk added. “If you have half the resources of the counterparty then you better be real innovative, if you’re not innovative, you’re going to lose.”
Source:

Last edited:

AZTEC

Country flag
But when you talk about 2050, you’re talking about a China whose economy is 2-times or, maybe even 3-times bigger than the US economy; this simply means that China, in 2050, will have a military budget twice or thrice that of the US.

Let me quote Elon Musk:

Source:
This is the main reason why we need to destabilize China. I strongly suggest a coalition of powerful asian states like India, Japan, Taiwan + the Five Eyes to covertly join hands and try to create a civil war in China.

This will ensure that the Chinese economy never grows larger than the US economy.

For those who don’t know, the Five Eyes is an intelligence alliance comprising Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Again, we are deviating from AMCA and we need to talk about this in other threads.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
@Kuntal

AMCA: How large tailplanes do you want?
ADA: Yes... :3

IMG_20201006_092802.jpg
IMG_20201006_093536.jpg

I reckon they adopted the F-16 method in here... That one has large vertical stabilisers that generate lift themselves, letting the jet to have smallish wings that allow high STR without losing payload capacity.
And un this case it aids better stealth too (courtesy of @Assassin 2.0).
IMG_20200426_142434.jpg

Last edited:

Dessert Storm

Country flag
I think we all know that it's just going to be the rafale...
F-15 would only make a zoo outta our AF fleets,also would be a logistic nightmare with too many different types of birds in the sky
Yeah right. We all 'seem' to know except the ACM. He's being diplomatic..... that's understood too.
It may also be noted that Boeing is also making an offer for Super Hornets. That's 114+57/36. They might also sweeten it with Growlers. Americans have yet to make any new offer on engines (F15, SH use GE). So don't be 'too' sure.
*Personally, I'll be happy to see MRCA cancelled and ORCA and MWF coming in together/preponed.
** Engine plus sensors offer from Americans would definitely tilt it.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
AMCA will have directed energy weapons and other sixth generation tech!

New report:
So this is AMCA Mark2 being talked about.

First flight is 2025, as per presentation of ADA director Dr. Ggirish Deodhar.
But what does he know about aeroplane, when we have Manu Pubby.
Where is this from?

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
@Kuntal

AMCA: How large tailplanes do you want?
ADA: Yes... :3

View attachment 61667View attachment 61668

I reckon they adopted the F-16 method in here... That one has large vertical stabilisers that generate lift themselves, letting the jet to have smallish wings that allow high STR without losing payload capacity.
And un this case it aids better stealth too (courtesy of @Assassin 2.0).
IMG_20200426_142434.jpg
With larger horizontal stabilizers now it is more close to F-22's design, F-22's engine nozzles ends at the tail of the main wing.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
With larger horizontal stabilizers now it is more close to F-22's design, F-22's engine nozzles ends at the tail of the main wing.
Nah, not really. F-22 had huge wings & small tails... positioning or shape don't match either.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Nah, not really. F-22 had huge wings & small tails... positioning or shape don't match either.
I also am not calling them as the same, but positioning has effects and now it is better. Both belongs to a different class so that is obvious, but now large stabilizers will positively affect the maneuverability on which it was somewhat lacking.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
...but positioning has effects and now it is better. Both belongs to a different class so that is obvious, but now large stabilizers will positively affect the maneuverability on which it was somewhat lacking.
I'm saying this past isn't ostensibly correct. I doubt that it has anything to do with maneuverability, as this isn't done in any 4th gen jets.

Positioning change was negligible, mostly shape & size. This may help you understand. It's the reference image for adjustment of Kuntal's AMCA.

And comparison wise it's most similar to FC-31 right now, not F-22.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Landing gear for 25 tonne class twin engine fighter.
There also needs to be a spinoff plan from this effort for commercial engines. And from business point of view emergence of 2 OEMs for engines in India.
Questions. Anybody please.
(1) Would 110kn class be sufficient for 5.5-6 gen fighters?
(2) Would the full IP lie with India, including core?
(3) Is it a variable cycle engine?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles