ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
IAF has accepted Critical Design Review of MK2. Prototypes will be finally out by 2022 end!

https://idrw.org/tejas-mkii-iaf-accepts-critical-design-review-cdr/
Actually the first Prototype of Tejas MK-2 was supposed to reportedly come in August-september of 2022. but for some reasons it later got delayed and now the roll out date had been confirmed to be in late 2022, around the time of December. Hopefully now there won't be any more delays now and the Project goes smoothly.

Nationalist Manasvi Papa

Country flag
Actually the first Prototype of Tejas MK-2 was supposed to reportedly come in August-september of 2022. but for some reasons it later got delayed and now the roll out date had been confirmed to be in late 2021, around the time of December. Hopefully now there won't be any more delays now and the Project goes smoothly.
*late 2022

Super Flanker

*late 2022
Oh yes , thanks for Correcting me, I had meant to say late 2022 Actually but accidentally I had typed it as 2021 Actually.

But Regardless of that, I just hope that there won't be any more delay now, I just want that the prototype of Tejas MK2 be rolled out this year only and not 2023. I am excited to see a glimpse of this Aircraft.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
No man...however I'm also active over IDRW. Do the rule books of either sites mention not to cross post URL of other ones?? Idk...
Usually we refrain from referring to IDRW stuff as sources since they have made some mistakes in the past and occasionally make up stuff based on speculation, unless they have provided proper sources, but there is no such restrictions AFAIK.

Blank

Country flag

MirageBlue

Country flag
Usually we refrain from referring to IDRW stuff as sources since they have made some mistakes in the past and occasionally make up stuff based on speculation, unless they have provided proper sources, but there is no such restrictions AFAIK.
IDRW writers take posts from Twitter which may well be just speculative and then post it without giving ANY CREDITS whatsoever, and then add some more masala here and there and post it as if it's original content.

The folks at IDRW used to steal such stuff from Bharat Rakshak forum earlier, posting things that others had written without giving due credit.

Vamsi

Country flag
Actually the first Prototype of Tejas MK-2 was supposed to reportedly come in August-september of 2022. but for some reasons it later got delayed and now the roll out date had been confirmed to be in late 2022, around the time of December. Hopefully now there won't be any more delays now and the Project goes smoothly.
Na....mark my words...Mk-2 will be rolled out by Aug 2022 and it is inevitable. Mudi baba wants some PR for his 75th independance anniversary celebrations. Tejas -Mk2 is part of it. I hope mudi baba gives it a new name and shoves it into IAFs @$$

Super Flanker

Na....mark my words...Mk-2 will be rolled out by Aug 2022 and it is inevitable. Mudi baba wants some PR for his 75th independance anniversary celebrations. Tejas -Mk2 is part of it. I hope mudi baba gives it a new name and shoves it into IAFs @$$
See man, I am not sure about the Timelines myself too, anyways I too am with the High Hopes of the roll out of the first Prototype by August 2022. Indian Airforce has no other choice other than to buy tejas Mk-2 because it's a Necessity to say the least.

Let's see! Shall we ,maybe BJP might surprise us with the Rollout in August 2022 itself? Or maybe not. That time will tell.
artistic-representation-of-tejas-mk2-by-kuntal-biswas-1.jpg

India Super Power

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I think mk2 is need of the hour as we can induct in huge nos as cost will be less wrt performance
But testing taking so much time is worrisome
But as @IndianHawk said 4-5 years is standard
Is there any possibility that it can complete testing by 2024-25 and production by 2025 end as most of them are tested and validated and we can use other fighters for testing few equipments to reduce time
@MonaLazy @fire starter @FalconSlayers @Vamsi

IndianHawk

Country flag
I think mk2 is need of the hour as we can induct in huge nos as cost will be less wrt performance
But testing taking so much time is worrisome
But as @IndianHawk said 4-5 years is standard
Is there any possibility that it can complete testing by 2024-25 and production by 2025 end as most of them are tested and validated and we can use other fighters for testing few equipments to reduce time
@MonaLazy @fire starter @FalconSlayers @Vamsi
No. You can test some internal components on other jets like mk1 or mk1a . But ultimately airframe and all new components need to be fly tested thoroughly.

They are already moving as fast as possible with directly building production standard prototype and avoiding whole LSP / PV thing . They can't go any faster.

MirageBlue

Country flag
See man, I am not sure about the Timelines myself too, anyways I too am with the High Hopes of the roll out of the first Prototype by August 2022. Indian Airforce has no other choice other than to buy tejas Mk-2 because it's a Necessity to say the least.

Let's see! Shall we ,maybe BJP might surprise us with the Rollout in August 2022 itself? Or maybe not. That time will tell.
View attachment 128250
Having read Air Marshal Philip Rajkumar's excellent book "The Tejas Story", there are plenty of lessons to be learnt, one of which is to not roll-out the first prototype in haste.

It will lead to a lot of extra work prior to the ground tests that will mark the commencement of the real trials phase.

But then again, if PR demands that a roll-out be done, it'll be done. KF-21 Boramae was rolled out that way and the very next week it was ripped apart with engines and even wings and wiring taken out. Basically it was a PR event that is driven by the need to make it look like some schedules were met. Even Boeing did that for the 787.

Super Flanker

Having read Air Marshal Philip Rajkumar's excellent book "The Tejas Story", there are plenty of lessons to be learnt, one of which is to not roll-out the first prototype in haste.

It will lead to a lot of extra work prior to the ground tests that will mark the commencement of the real trials phase.

But then again, if PR demands that a roll-out be done, it'll be done. KF-21 Boramae was rolled out that way and the very next week it was ripped apart with engines and even wings and wiring taken out. Basically it was a PR event that is driven by the need to make it look like some schedules were met. Even Boeing did that for the 787.
Let's See what happens. Anyways Tejas mk2 is a necessity.
-
Let's see what will be Unveiled in December of 2022. Whether it will be a fully fledged Prototype with all the necessary Components installed in it for testing and it's first flight or it will be like an unfinished thing like what was done with KF-X.
-
This decade is going to have so many things with regards to Indian Aerospace Sector.
-
In this decade we will be seeing the First flight of AMCA, Tejas mk2 ,Tejas Mk1a, TEDBF, Ghatak UAV etc.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
I was going thru brf and found this.

The number of TRM on the MK2 radar is dependent on the power availability on the platform and the power rating of the TRM.

GaN TRMs has higher power rating. A 20W GaN TRM, if used on MK1 Uttam would technically require only 370 odd TRM, instead of 740+. The radar will become half in size!

So a Uttam MK2 with 900 TRM ( say of 20W TRM) has almost 2.5 times the power output of MK1 Uttam! Theoretically it can handle 18KW, although I would assume in regular ops it will around 9 to 10KW.

LCA MK1 can provide around 3 to 4KW of power. Which is exactly half of 7.8KW theoretical power rating of Uttam = 780 TRM X 10W
Is this true ??

Whitecollar

Country flag
I was going thru brf and found this.

Is this true ??
Not exactly 2.5 times but roughly so...GaN tech can handle more power but the main problem is heat dissipation(thermal management). If MK1 was given the higher TRTM GaN radar, overall heat dissipation would be enough to either fry the circuits or malfunction the system. Then again for better cooling, a more complex and heavier system would be incorporated leading to weight increase at nose area.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles