ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

frank25

Country flag
I am sure LCA MK2 design and features are top notch now, but in case IAF accepts this aircraft, it needs to last atleast till 2040.

I really have doubts about its survivability in 2040 battlefield compared to other aircrafts like AMCA or Rafale or even MKI

Narasimh

Country flag
I am sure LCA MK2 design and features are top notch now, but in case IAF accepts this aircraft, it needs to last atleast till 2040.

I really have doubts about its survivability in 2040 battlefield compared to other aircrafts like AMCA or Rafale or even MKI
IMO it will still be relevant looking at our region. Both Pak and China will operate 4-4.5 gen aircrafts even after next 2 decades. mk2 with incremental upgrades will be easily customizable and economical to operate. Even US is buying more F-15s and looking for single engine fighter sidelining F-35s.

Concard

Country flag

Just 2040? It will only be inducted in 2027. So it will last just 13 years? No way. Pakistan for a long time to come won't have an air force where there will be even twin engine aircrafts. MK2 will last until 2050 at least for point defense with Pakistan border.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Tejas mk2 can carry 5 bhramos ng missile?
Most probably the Tejas mk-2 won't be able to carry 5 Brahmos NG Missiles with it. In my opinion At most it will be carry atleast 3 brahmos.

A possible Configuration could be 1 on the right wing, 1 on the Left Wing and 1 on the Centre of the Fuselage.

Atleast this is a theoretical loadout of the Tejas mk 2 with regards to the Brahmos NG.(You are free to share your thoughts on this)

IndianHawk

Country flag
Just 2040? It will only be inducted in 2027. So it will last just 13 years? No way. Pakistan for a long time to come won't have an air force where there will be even twin engine aircrafts. MK2 will last until 2050 at least for point defense with Pakistan border.
Tejas airframe life is growing up as we keep testing the airframe. It is said to be comparable to western aircraft in this regard.

Mk2 with better tech will certainly have an airframe life of 40+ years .

So first mk2 inducted in 2028 might easily serve till 2068 at the very least under normal circumstances.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Most probably the Tejas mk-2 won't be able to carry 5 Brahmos NG Missiles with it. In my opinion At most it will be carry atleast 3 brahmos.

A possible Configuration could be 1 on the right wing, 1 on the Left Wing and 1 on the Centre of the Fuselage.

Atleast this is a theoretical loadout of the Tejas mk 2 with regards to the Brahmos NG.(You are free to share your thoughts on this)
Yes atleast 3 hard points will be capable of carrying heavy standoff weaponary. Which includes bramhos NG , rudram series missiles , future air launce version of nirbhay missile and any imported weapon like scalp or anti ship missiles like harpoon , naval strike missile etc.

At least 5 station might be capable to carry fuel tanks with plumbing.

All this is to provide versatility in actual missions not more than 1 heavy weapon is Carried at a time.

Remember mission are flown in teams not alone.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Yes atleast 3 hard points will be capable of carrying heavy standoff weaponary. Which includes bramhos NG , rudram series missiles , future air launce version of nirbhay missile and any imported weapon like scalp or anti ship missiles like harpoon , naval strike missile etc.

At least 5 station might be capable to carry fuel tanks with plumbing.

All this is to provide versatility in actual missions not more than 1 heavy weapon is Carried at a time.

Remember mission are flown in teams not alone.
Yes you are right. Anyways I feel like we should Try and stick to Indigenous Weopons like Brahmos NG, Nirbhay Air launch version, Rudram series.

Atleast that's what will be my personal opinion.

Tejas MK-2 has a lot of Potential for the Export Market in my opinion.

let's see what the Future holds for Tejas MK-2 as a project.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Yes you are right. Anyways I feel like we should Try and stick to Indigenous Weopons like Brahmos NG, Nirbhay Air launch version, Rudram series.

Atleast that's what will be my personal opinion.

Tejas MK-2 has a lot of Potential for the Export Market in my opinion.

let's see what the Future holds for Tejas MK-2 as a project.
Bramhos NG will take some time since it's not even tested yet.
Meanwhile scalp is already here with Rafale so we will integrate scalp with mk2.
Rest will be indeginous weapons mostly.
But we will remain flexible to add all kinds of weaponary for export clients.

Super Flanker

Country flag
Bramhos NG will take some time since it's not even tested yet.
Meanwhile scalp is already here with Rafale so we will integrate scalp with mk2.
Rest will be indeginous weapons mostly.
But we will remain flexible to add all kinds of weaponary for export clients.
Yes I forgot that during my Assesment.
let's see.
So I guess the Weopon package will be a mix of Indigenous and Imported.
Anyways The First Prototype is supposed to be Rolled out by next year so I am excited to see this Aircraft in person.
Anyways as I said before, Tejas could become the new Gripen in terms of the Export Market.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles