ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
@Bleh have been saying this for long , they have ditched it for mk 1 , mk2 will have them , also maun bays might see more missile add later stage addition of more main bay missile in mk 1 .

Mk 1 will be more of a f 35 category but better than it , might have supercruise at mach 1.2 but unlike f 22 mach 1.7-1.8 , that requires higher thrust ,even if we assume supercruise weight at 20 ton that's at full internal fuel and full internal bay (empty weight 12 ton ) .

Generally a meaningful supercruise is considered at speed above mach 1.5 atleast , that's where f 35 lag , even if empty weight of mk 2 amca goes to 13 ton we still have advantage of tvc and about dry thrust of 150 kn atleast .

@Bleh @fire starter what are your thoughts on possible dry thrust of indigenous.engine
I posted it in AMCA that its a pipedream.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Above one bw is
lower one is of f35
my idea is about combining both the designs for AMCA
two side openings weapons bay can carry brahmos in midline when in beast mode!

check time 8:30
That's from Boeing if i remember it right

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
MWF is also supposed to get that 110KN thrust engine!
that would be a 30% increase in thrust!
I have not heard such a thing, but might happen if the platform permits. Such re-engining happened with Mirage-2000 (with the M53-2).

But between AMCA Mark1 & Mark2, there'll be difference of 58-98 kN & 65-110kN... That too two engines, ie, 14-24kN net rise.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
I have not heard such a thing, but might happen if the platform permits. Such re-engining happened with Mirage-2000 (with the M53-2).
8EDCA208-86CB-43EF-9065-B4C4A7005C4B.jpeg

You can google it bro!!
first reason for not using a 110kn engine right now is because there isn’t any available in market right now!
secondly whenever testing a new platform you will do it on a proven engine like ge414 or ej200

even in the basic maths
MWF weight = 7500kg
fuel. = 3400kg
total. = 10900kg
thus you need 110Kn+ to have that thrust to weight ratio above atleast 1.
otherwise you wouldn’t be able to use the true potential of platform.
😇

Spitfire9

Country flag
Why would Biden pull the plug on GE supplies?

I don't think that EJ200 IP can be transferred easily because several companies in several countries would need to agree to that. Too complicated.

In any event, EJ200 is a 90kN engine which has been around for a long time and I guess that quite a few newer technologies could be used in an all new engine.

Ar.gaurav28

Country flag
Why would Biden pull the plug on GE supplies?

I don't think that EJ200 IP can be transferred easily because several companies in several countries would need to agree to that. Too complicated.

In any event, EJ200 is a 90kN engine which has been around for a long time and I guess that quite a few newer technologies could be used in an all new engine.
If in case,ej200 is a backup or you can say bargaining chip so that USA can’t strong arm us from stopping the purchase of S-400 as for the same thing(S-400) turkey got kicked out of f35 program.
&
For the other part we wouldnt be getting the IP of even GE engines although a single company!

JV for a new engine is under work between DRDO & Rolls-Royce!
both the countries are in need for their respective programs.

MonaLazy

ej200 is a backup
Only fly in the ointment with that plan is the LCA is not designed for EJ200. Last time there was such an engine change from GTRE GTX-35VS to GE F404-IN20- there were changes to LCA wing roots for air flow among others, and indeed the whole intake became sub optimal- not to mention it delayed the program by 5 full years.

So if Buddhan pulls the plug on GE engines for India at this late stage of production- we are cucked. LCA Mk1, Mk1A, MWF, AMCA, TEDBF everything.

But they won't- not when big money is flowing from India to America. Recently they have notified of 6 additional P8's for India (besides the earlier deal for predators)- expect military sales to be brisk under the current regime in US. India is a different league (bulwark against China) from Turkey if that removal from F-35 program has you worried.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles