Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
People here in Bangalore are not taking things seriously enough. Getting takeaway is one thing but eating at roadside chaat places is very unsafe. Hundreds of people have used that spoon and we all know that the proprietors just rinse the utensils at best.

Can't FSSAI make elementary things like gloves and use of detergents mandatory? And can't food establishments be force closed at times like this?
In Mumbai all chaatwalas are closed now.

Kumata

Country flag
Just listened to modi's address... why he is insisting on 22 Mar only... I am missing something.....why not other dates as well

Mangal

Country flag
W

Well just got news that 2 of my elderly neibhoors who had gone dubai returned with the virus and have passed away second hand info i got from our cook live in mumbai
Ok. Can you keep us updated and also confirm the news.

varun9509

Country flag

South Korea drives down cases without locking down cities | Coronavirus Pandemic

Satchidananda369

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Selfless service for the nation – Army troops vacate their residences to facilitate COVID-19 quarantine spaces

The Indian Army has set up facilities to isolate/ quarantine at least 4000 people at various locations within the country. And as if that’s not enough, at least two battalions (2000) of jawans have vacated their living accommodations to assist in establishing national level facilities for the people of India. The facilities being created by the Army include hygienic living and dining areas, outdoor and indoor sports facilities, entertainment and even the facility for performing religious rituals.

https://idrw.org/selfless-service-f...itate-covid-19-quarantine-spaces/#more-223321

It's always our armed forces that are expected to make a personal sacrifice without ever expecting anything in return!

Can we even imagine the self-serving IAS / IPS babudom or politicos vacating their lavish quarters for quarantine..

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

Good.. but according to the below link, the kit still requires an extraction reagent, which they dont make.. and there are only a few companies like Roche and Qiagen which make them.. ICMR isolated the virus on March 5, so they might be able to make the PCR reagent and pass it on to the private industry for mass manufacturing...
https://www.deseret.com/platform/am...d-19-test-supply-co-diagnostics-utah-pandemic

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Good.. but according to the below link, the kit still requires an extraction reagent, which they dont make.. and there are only a few companies like Roche and Qiagen which make them.. ICMR isolated the virus on March 5, so they might be able to make the PCR reagent and pass it on to the private industry for mass manufacturing...
https://www.deseret.com/platform/am...d-19-test-supply-co-diagnostics-utah-pandemic
What’s this primer imported from Germany that everyone keeps talking about?

rockdog

Country flag
Where is the question of new cases in wuhan when everybody is locked up in their houses..

People who were locked up, either go straight to morgue or got cured at home.

At this point in time we don’t know if people who got cured can get it again. We will know this only after a month.

Unless there is a vaccine, this news is of no value.

The pandemic began in China. Today, it reported no new local infections for the first time

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/19/asia/coronavirus-covid-19-update-china-intl-hnk/index.html

This is true, governent and industry assoication told us need to prepare back to work, and asking employees out of Wuhan to find car, no public transportation.

I submited lots of paper with my signature, the day is coming.

Waanar

Country flag
Just listened to modi's address... why he is insisting on 22 Mar only... I am missing something.....why not other dates as well
This is not just about the crowd that rushes out on Sunday, as it happens. This runs deeper. It's entrusting the responsibility of the nation among the people who think that voting is where their share of work ends.

It's inculcating a sense of responsibility towards the nation and it's people beyond your own selfish needs. It's teaching to maneuver as a nation and not just an individual to 1.3 billion people. It's brainwashing for good. It's not mandatory but it will be guilt tripping.

It's nudge politics at it's finest.
I swear, if the streets do appear deserted on this Sunday, I'll lose a whole lot of concerns regarding the path this generation of this nation is headed down towards.
Modi is basically making a survival-nationalism hybrid of a religion here.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The pandemic began in China. Today, it reported no new local infections for the first time

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/19/asia/coronavirus-covid-19-update-china-intl-hnk/index.html

This is true, governent and industry assoication told us need to prepare back to work, and asking employees out of Wuhan to find car, no public transportation.

I submited lots of paper with my signature, the day is coming.
What if you get it now at your office or factory? Then what?

All you need is one chap with immunity and no symptoms, to re-start the cycle all over again.

Akula

Country flag

rockdog

Country flag
Last 53 days over 40,000 medical staff from 31 provinces & PLA were supporting Wuhan, after( 4, 4, 0 ) new cases for last 3 days; firt batch of staff are returning. Local people are really thankful them:

But i think private companies will face very tough time, many people will lose jobs since the the lockdown crushed lots of industries.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles