Turkish defense industry news updates

mamamia12

First of all, it's from IDRW, a source generally deemed untrustworthy.

That said, delays are unavoidable in any project. You'll deal with the same as you progress. Don't forget that even in the case of a 25 kN Turbofan, you're where we were 8 years ago.

So as things stand, we have a 85 kN Turbofan in flight testing, it's non AB version under limited series production & a 25 kN one at advanced stage of ground testing. Meanwhile Turkey had it's first 25 kN Turbofan test fired in March 2024.

You can reject anything, makes no difference. It is under limited series production after completing high altitude flight testing with one already delivered as per report.

Two different projects, developed by two different agencies.
Not that Turk will understand.

The high altitude flight testing is already completed.

Let me remind that you don't have any flying testbed on your own. And your 35K lbf class Turbofan is supposed to fly in 2028. Good luck.

Does Mehmet have issue reading English?

View attachment 253895

60-70% of design team based in India. Not flexing about it, as we don't own the IP. Same is the case with your GE JV.

Your first Turbofan engine was test fired in 2024. If you think you can make a flight worthy 35,000 lbf class Turbofan in just 4 years, all I can say is good luck.

And still have a revenue of just 5 billion Turkish Lira or 160 million USD. Pretty sure that HAL's Engine division alone has higher revenue.

We have been manufacturing the AL-31FP including SCBs for more than a decade & a half by now. But I am sure that we have a lot of climbing to do as a GE JV does some machining in Turkey.

Manufacturing components wouldn't give you the know-how for designing a Turbofan. It it did, you would already had the TF6000 flying already.

PD170. Surely 100% Turkish.

"The mission systems will follow on the second prototype"

Which is exactly what I said: A structural test prototype improvised & made airworthy. What did the first flight achieve? A proof of concept?
Blud thinks Partnership with GE by their Engine Company to MRO and produce licensed engines aka Screwdrivergiri is same as GE Employing high IQ Indians to "Actually R&D" to generate new IP. He can't seem to differentiate road wale Puncture-wale bhai to Engineers. What is even "Turkish Engineers"? Is it mean some "Assembly Line?". They have to back up proof of what Turkish Engineers IQ is and their achievements are because in every field in every Top 500 Companies, Indians and Chinese occupy top spot. The Analogy would be Mehmet occupying top spots in every German Companies like Indians occupy half of Engineering, Medical and C-Suite in America and UK. But, they aren't because these "Muh Turkish Engineers" don't exist and they are just puncture wale bhai.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Blud thinks Partnership with GE by their Engine Company to MRO and produce licensed engines aka Screwdrivergiri is same as GE Employing high IQ Indians to "Actually R&D" to generate new IP. He can't seem to differentiate road wale Puncture-wale bhai to Engineers. What is even "Turkish Engineers"? Is it mean some "Assembly Line?". They have to back up proof of what Turkish Engineers IQ is and their achievements are because in every field in every Top 500 Companies, Indians and Chinese occupy top spot. The Analogy would be Mehmet occupying top spots in every German Companies like Indians occupy half of Engineering, Medical and C-Suite in America and UK. But, they aren't because these "Muh Turkish Engineers" don't exist and they are just puncture wale bhai.
They aren't even sparing the Ukrainians
1716136125885.png

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
I can't believe I'm spending my Sunday on a bunch of teenagers. Do you think we take "Mehmet" or "Greek converts" as slurs and offended by it? Have you just left the playground to write your first sentences on the internet?

One by one

This news is from today.
HAL Accelerates Development of Hindustan Turbo Fan Engine (HTFE-25) – Indian Defence Research Wing (idrw.org)

I quote some sections:

View attachment 253884

View attachment 253885
So much for the supposedly superior turbofan ecosystem.

KIZILELMA and ANKA-3 is waiting for TF6000. So the engine is built with a purpose, with hard-constrained dimensions.

I don't deny India's involvement with a larger engine. I just reject the premise of it being near production when its smaller sister(HTFE-25) is projected to be inducted in 2030s. And I find it hard to believe how any serious engine developer would send its engine all the way to Russia test and to analyze the results, do adjustments and then send it off again. With that wide feed-back loop it's no surprising that it takes so long to get the engine in shape. Venturing out to develop a turbofan without establishing the proper testing setup will, of course, result in failure.

What IC engine are you talking about?

yes. the decarbonization effort. how one miss that? GE has over 2500 employees in Istanbul doing process designs for GE engines but you don't see me bitching about it do you?

We produced and fired our first turbine engine in 2017. So a first flight of TF35K in 2028 or 2029 would make 11,12 years and we didn't start from scratch as we are already a big part of the western turbofan supply chain. TEI has over $5 billions worth of engine parts in its order book. If that is your yardstick for "from scratch" then you need to do a lot of climbing to reach the ground zero.

To fly an airframe you need more than just the bones and the engines. The computers, the software, the landing gears, the actuators, fuel systems, hydraulics, the generators, the apu etc.. The mission systems will follow on the second prototype that is in assembly now.

BAE was contracted as a technical assistance in the preliminary phase and has no involvement with the project anymore.

You read the graph wrong. 3.5 ton to GTO is 2028+. Which has no implications as it does not put forward a specific year. It could be 2035 or 2045. Not enough information to speculate.

OK let me back up a bit then. Just answer this. Is there any institution in India, public or private, who claims to have produced 28nm nodes? This must surely be an easy task to find since it's a big deal.
What a load of shameless gaslighting vomit. Ice cream flippers want people to believe they indigenously developed all this crap. You have large order books because you make license produced spares for cheap, that's all.
1716136716043.png

and none of this crap you developed or will develop on your own. The sheer balls of this gaslighter...
The entirety of the Ivchenko-Progress R&D team is working in Turkey. None of their drones fly without those engines.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
What a load of shameless gaslighting vomit. Ice cream flippers want people to believe they indigenously developed all this crap. You have large order books because you make license produced spares for cheap, that's all.
View attachment 253900
and none of this crap you developed or will develop on your own. The sheer balls of this gaslighter...

The entirety of the Ivchenko-Progress R&D team is working in Turkey. None of their drones fly without those engines.
@gslv markIII @FalconSlayers
Lets stop here there is no point in wasting our time for this inbreeds. Yeah there jet engine is coming in 4 years good luck.. let's leave them alone..

tfxkaanf23

Country flag

Export deal of this radar also signed. When delivered, we will learn the country in 1-2 years.
Per ceo of ASELSAN, international space station has been detected by this radar from 700 km range while moving above Türkiye

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Mobile long range GaN aesa technology radar has been delivered to Turkish Army

Turkey has been making Kalkan and other radars for a long time. But they were just assembled items rather than indigenous manufactured ones. No reason to say the GaN radars were all indigenous ones too.

tfxkaanf23

Country flag
Turkey has been making Kalkan and other radars for a long time. But they were just assembled items rather than indigenous manufactured ones. No reason to say the GaN radars were all indigenous ones too.
Previous radars also have transistors made in Türkiye by aselsan. We got smart-s license 12-13 years ago and after that we even were building transistors for Netherland produced smart-s radars. We use aesa technology for 5-6 years and we were getting GaN receivers from abroad till last year for our GaN atsa radars. But since last year, we use our own ones produced by ab mikronano company

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Turks are spamming social media with cringy trash like this. As if they found god or bigfoot. A drone flying with an EO/IR pod, looking for heat signature is ground breaking tech to these asswipes. If nothing Turks know how to take something basic and balloon it up with PR. I find all this tryharding to be "accepted" and "recognized" to be quite amusing.
1716270542179.png
1716270594397.png

1716270622131.png

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Turkish uav with high tech EO has found the location. Iranian mullahs trying to save face
Ah yes drawing flag when finding dead body of a president. Sucha cheap tactic. Doing market over deceased body shows you're thinking..
This all marketing and pr work is responsible for muh turkey defence giant..
How cheap one can be over marketing literally, very shameless
Screenshot_2024-05-21-11-18-45-23_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Last edited:

tfxkaanf23

Country flag
Turks are spamming social media with cringy trash like this. As if they found god or bigfoot. A drone flying with an EO/IR pod, looking for heat signature is ground breaking tech to these asswipes. If nothing Turks know how to take something basic and balloon it up with PR. I find all this tryharding to be "accepted" and "recognized" to be quite amusing.
View attachment 254083View attachment 254084
View attachment 254085
Man there are people with trolling abilities.
Do not take everything seriously!
If any official or any company do these things,then you are right

tfxkaanf23

Country flag

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag
View attachment 254083View attachment 254084
View attachment 254085
Imagine if erdogan had gone missing and some european country discovered the crash site and did this shit turks would be crying "racism". These cringe nationalists should remember the time when thousands of their population was under the rubble and countries did send a lot of help without any gimmicks or boasting.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles