Turkish defense industry news updates

tfxkaanf23

Country flag
See the pr work , edit, musics for such a basic satellite even our college students build this thing 😂
It is a project of private company!! We lunched Göktürk 2, imece spy satellites. We have exported communication satellites to Argentina.
Priority of this company in the video, they have commercialized that cupesats.

Blademaster

I don't need to! He was the one posting some missiles which I have not asked for!!
you were the one that says now go look up Turkish missiles as if that was supposed to end the debate and win. Nope still gotta show those data. He did. Now the ball’s in your court. If you ain’t playing you ain’t winning

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Are u stupid or what are ur sources to say India is not making 1500hp engine they already made a prototype and fired how random u are. Who t fk told u ? Tell me that..
And again who th told u india is purchasing T90. India is upgrading existing T90s with systems of Arjun mk1A..
FRcv is not happening because the public private partnership model is there. It will happen but will take some time .

u first tell me who said india is purchasing more T90s.. ia will be ordering newer mk2s. Which will have all leftover improvements. Except weight which will limits it's operation in northern Geography. And not on the western border.
Engines are made according to requirements, not randomly. So, unless you can give a requirement of 1500HP engine, don't keep barking the same thing. T90 is being upgraded with new tech and has nothing to do with Arjun. It is a tech which is developed separately and not something that magically appeared with Arjun tanks.

Talk about Arjun Mk2s after anything concrete is done. The fact that Arjun tank has seen almost no progress despite 10 years of NDA government shows it is a dud. This govt developed engines for indigenous T90, got new upgrades and other additions to T90 but nothing changed for Arjun. That shows that Arjun is just kept in limbo and not in consideration.

As for FMBT, you are being ridiculous. First you say Arjun, then FMBT and so on. What is the point for Indian army to have 4 types of tanks - T72, T90, Arjun, FMBT? Is it an exhibition to make many colourful tanks for show?

Samej Jangir

Country flag
This is the 5th or 6th time someone made a reference to semiconductor industry. Although I don't revel in the juvenile dick measuring contest that have plagued this thread, can you recite some numbers regarding India's semiconductor industry? Like what are your top achievements in silicon and in other semiconductors(the production side not the design)? What's the revenue?

And do read some about mission computers and computer architecture. What Özgür modernization program is(the avionics side), essentially, strip out the computers and many other major electronic components and replace them with ASELSAN's own products.
India does not have civilian semiconductor but has strategic semiconductor technology. It has 28nm technology with it and although it is old for computers/phones, it is excellent for defence, SLVs & strategic uses as the bigger nodes are more reliable and resistant to damages, surges etc which is needed for defence.

Indian semiconductor can't be looked at in revenue figures for this reason but solely as technology capability. This is why most of the key computers in Indian defence and strategic framework is Indian made. Foreign chips can always have some hacks or backdoors in their architecture which is harmful during wars where the enemies can disable or corrupt the systems.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
Look at the production quality and video quality also
well i think babus can learn a thing or two from turkish mic to make movie like videos of mediocre tech and hype them like anything we have rustum 1 from god knows how much time back we could have get 100s of orders too but babus sleep
Nahh bruh you're sarcasm & humour is very weak.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
you were the one that says now go look up Turkish missiles as if that was supposed to end the debate and win. Nope still gotta show those data. He did. Now the ball’s in your court. If you ain’t playing you ain’t winning
all i found interesting was that cenk missile with 1000km range but again i think its under development so we wont be getting to know the payload and weight cep etc nothing of that sorts so apart from that the best turkish have is a 550 km range missile so nah nothing of any sorts that turkey has which can be called state of the art in missiles

tfxkaanf23

Country flag
all i found interesting was that cenk missile with 1000km range but again i think its under development so we wont be getting to know the payload and weight cep etc nothing of that sorts so apart from that the best turkish have is a 550 km range missile so nah nothing of any sorts that turkey has which can be called state of the art in missiles
Cenk missiles range is not known.
Tayfun missile which tested for 561km has a range of 800-900 km.
The range is not problem after getting a rocket which is able to carry 1000-1500 kg in 750 km altitude in 2028-2029.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
The range is not problem after getting a rocket which is able to carry 1000-1500 kg in 750 km altitude in 2028-2029.
open source quoted 1000km and problems with mrbms and icbs are cep and re-entry calibration

gslv markIII

Country flag
This is the 5th or 6th time someone made a reference to semiconductor industry. Although I don't revel in the juvenile dick measuring contest that have plagued this thread, can you recite some numbers regarding India's semiconductor industry? Like what are your top achievements in silicon and in other semiconductors(the production side not the design)? What's the revenue?

And do read some about mission computers and computer architecture. What Özgür modernization program is(the avionics side), essentially, strip out the computers and many other major electronic components and replace them with ASELSAN's own products.
Why are you so offended, Mehmet?? I see your kind going around making false claims about your indigenous capabilities, deluding yourself about overtaking India in space in a decade & mocking our efforts.

I mean this is coming from a country that touts a corvette sized vessel "muh Istanbul Class Frigate".

Screenshot_2024_0519_100057.png

As of now we don't have Commercial Semi Conductor Fabs. For serving defence/ space sector requirements, we do have 180nm 8" CMOS line at Semiconductor Laboratories, Chandigarh. That one producers Microprocessors for Launch Vehicles, 12K TDI CCDs for imaging satellites, radiation hardened ASICs and the like.

Screenshot_2024_0519_163144.png

As for Compound Semiconductors, we have GAETEC, for GaAs as well as GaN.

Screenshot_2024_0519_163246.png

gslv markIII

Country flag
Diameter of <0.8 metre almost & length <10 metre. Nope, not going anywhere more than ~800 km. That too with low throw-weight.

And you're nota Nuclear state, so any conventional warhead you manage to put there will do diddly squat.

turkish-roketsan-tayfun-missile-loading-2023.jpg

MysticBuzz

Country flag
India does not have civilian semiconductor but has strategic semiconductor technology. It has 28nm technology with it and although it is old for computers/phones, it is excellent for defence, SLVs & strategic uses as the bigger nodes are more reliable and resistant to damages, surges etc which is needed for defence.

Indian semiconductor can't be looked at in revenue figures for this reason but solely as technology capability. This is why most of the key computers in Indian defence and strategic framework is Indian made. Foreign chips can always have some hacks or backdoors in their architecture which is harmful during wars where the enemies can disable or corrupt the systems.
I think you're writing from the future because this is not what I read online. According to many sources the smallest node size India can produce is 180nm. The 28nm figure you speak of, is a fab to be produced with ToT from PSMC in a few years. Not a current thing. So much boasting and pride for 90s tech, eh?
SCL | Semi-Conductor Laboratory
(correct me if any of it wrong)

The issue of chipset supply is not as dire as engine's. The processing units can ben ordered in large batches and stored. And considering they're produced in either Malaysia or Korea(two friendly countries), the risk of production halt because of the required computers is very slim. Besides, 65nm capable fab will be produced in Turkey soon, if the news are to be believed.

gslv markIII

Country flag
According to many sources the smallest node size India can produce is 180nm. The 28nm figure you speak of, is a fab to be produced with ToT from PSMC in a few years. Not a current thing. So much boasting and pride for 90s tech, eh?
Which you doesn't have. Neither do you have that kind of requirements so the point is moot.

The issue of chipset supply is not as dire as engine's.
Which you doesn't have. Indian Aero Engine ecosystem is much more mature than that of Turkey, and claims that you will develop high thrust Turbofans within 4 years within testfiring a 45 kN one wouldn't change it.

MysticBuzz

Country flag
Which you doesn't have. Neither do you have that kind of requirements so the point is moot.
I did not claim that we have. The gentlemen above provided wrong info with lots embellishments, I simply corrected him. Care to explain why don't we have that kind of requirements?
Which you doesn't have. Indian Aero Engine ecosystem is much more mature than that of Turkey, and claims that you will develop high thrust Turbofans within 4 years within testfiring a 45 kN one wouldn't change it.
This statement speaks volumes about your lack of knowledge of Turkey's turbofan ecosystem. What makes you even think that? Do you have any operational turbine engine despite decades of effort? Forget that, do you even have an engine that is doing test flights on any of your vehicles? Assuming Kaveri is a really tall order for you, what is the fate of HTFE-25? An engine you test fired a decade ago and still hasn't seen flight? Is that what you call a mature turbofan ecosystem? What about HTSE-1200? When will i see that on DHRUV?

I don't have enough time to educate you on Turkey's capabilities but will give you a few hints that you can follow up further. Here are a few large turbofan programs that TEI supports and the extent of the production. All parts you see on the images are produced by TEI.

TEI - The LEAP Engine
leap.png

TEI - The GEnx Engine
GENx.png

About your reference to TF35K(large 5th gen turbofan for KAAN), that engine's development began more than 5 years ago(before even TF10000), contrary to the popular belief of many, the project was not started just recently. And TEI will begin building it next year.

Samej Jangir

Country flag
I think you're writing from the future because this is not what I read online. According to many sources the smallest node size India can produce is 180nm. The 28nm figure you speak of, is a fab to be produced with ToT from PSMC in a few years. Not a current thing. So much boasting and pride for 90s tech, eh?
(correct me if any of it wrong)

The issue of chipset supply is not as dire as engine's. The processing units can ben ordered in large batches and stored. And considering they're produced in either Malaysia or Korea(two friendly countries), the risk of production halt because of the required computers is very slim. Besides, 65nm capable fab will be produced in Turkey soon, if the news are to be believed.
Wrong, many here are ignorant of the reality. 180nm is the mass scale fab available with ISRO now moved to ministry of electronics & IT. The 180nm production has been in place since 2013 that was fully indigenously developed as USA refused to cooperate. If TOT was easy to obtain, India would have got it for 180nm foundry itself in 2009-10 when USA backed out after 2 years of negotiation. USA imposed conditions that India should have USA inspectors in the foundry and guarantee that it won't be used for defence or reverse engineering.

But Indian defence unit DRDO has SITAR (Society for Integrated Circuit Technology and Applied Research) which has its own foundry and it is never revealed. Also, the 28nm is not being done with any TOT as none agreed to give TOT. India is only seeking private company to infuse capital while DRDO will transfer the technology to the Indian company/JV. DRDO development is never revealed as it can cause sabotage attempts. However, it is logical to say that India would definitely have improved over 180nm technology it had in 2013 by now, after 11 years. Since India intends to set up 28nm foundry & no foreign country has made any TOT agreement, it is most likely that India has 28nm technology by itself.

Samej Jangir

Country flag
As of now we don't have Commercial Semi Conductor Fabs. For serving defence/ space sector requirements, we do have 180nm 8" CMOS line at Semiconductor Laboratories, Chandigarh. That one producers Microprocessors for Launch Vehicles, 12K TDI CCDs for imaging satellites, radiation hardened ASICs and the like.
Just 1 logical question - India has made the 180nm fab in 2013. Now it is 2024. Do you think that in 11 years, there was no progress at all? And, how is India setting up the 28nm fab when no country has agreed to give TOT?

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
I did not claim that we have. The gentlemen above provided wrong info with lots embellishments, I simply corrected him. Care to explain why don't we have that kind of requirements?

This statement speaks volumes about your lack of knowledge of Turkey's turbofan ecosystem. What makes you even think that? Do you have any operational turbine engine despite decades of effort? Forget that, do you even have an engine that is doing test flights on any of your vehicles? Assuming Kaveri is a really tall order for you, what is the fate of HTFE-25? An engine you test fired a decade ago and still hasn't seen flight? Is that what you call a mature turbofan ecosystem? What about HTSE-1200? When will i see that on DHRUV?

I don't have enough time to educate you on Turkey's capabilities but will give you a few hints that you can follow up further. Here are a few large turbofan programs that TEI supports and the extent of the production. All parts you see on the images are produced by TEI.

TEI - The LEAP Engine
View attachment 253853

TEI - The GEnx Engine
View attachment 253854

About your reference to TF35K(large 5th gen turbofan for KAAN), that engine's development began more than 5 years ago(before even TF10000), contrary to the popular belief of many, the project was not started just recently. And TEI will begin building it next year.
Hope Rolls Royce is getting paid well for this job atleast :pound:

MysticBuzz

Country flag
Wrong, many here are ignorant of the reality. 180nm is the mass scale fab available with ISRO now moved to ministry of electronics & IT. The 180nm production has been in place since 2013 that was fully indigenously developed as USA refused to cooperate. If TOT was easy to obtain, India would have got it for 180nm foundry itself in 2009-10 when USA backed out after 2 years of negotiation. USA imposed conditions that India should have USA inspectors in the foundry and guarantee that it won't be used for defence or reverse engineering.

But Indian defence unit DRDO has SITAR (Society for Integrated Circuit Technology and Applied Research) which has its own foundry and it is never revealed. Also, the 28nm is not being done with any TOT as none agreed to give TOT. India is only seeking private company to infuse capital while DRDO will transfer the technology to the Indian company/JV. DRDO development is never revealed as it can cause sabotage attempts. However, it is logical to say that India would definitely have improved over 180nm technology it had in 2013 by now, after 11 years. Since India intends to set up 28nm foundry & no foreign country has made any TOT agreement, it is most likely that India has 28nm technology by itself.
This is from SCL main page:

scl.png

and this is from Financial Express(April 22, 2024):
India's first semiconductor fabrication unit chips in - Industry News | The Financial Express

tata.png

Do you have any sources to support your hypothesis other than hunches and guesses?

gslv markIII

Country flag
Care to explain why don't we have that kind of requirements?
Because you don't have a large Space/ Nuclear Program in the first place. Avionics can be manufactured with COTS microprocessors.

What makes you even think that? Do you have any operational turbine engine despite decades of effort?
Do you have any Turbofan even under flight testing? Meanwhile Kaveri achieved 90% of it's thrust requirements & have been flight tested. It's now under limited series production & has been choosen for our flying wing UCAV.

You testfired your first 26 kN engine March this year & still have the audacity to go around making claims about your superiority lmao.

hints that you can follow up further. Here are a few large turbofan programs that TEI supports and the extent of the production.
A GE JV machining components in Turkey doesn't mean you are advanced in anything, Mehmet.

They do the same in India.

F-gZr9maEAAgG0z.jpeg

Heck, much of the R&D for GE's newer Turbofans are done in India, at GE's John F Welch Technology Centre.

Screenshot_2024_0519_181257.png

Screenshot_2024_0519_181402.png

Yet we don't claim it as ours, as the IP isn't with us.

Talk about what you have: A 26 kN Turbofan.

what is the fate of HTFE-25? An engine you test fired a decade ago and still hasn't seen flight? Is that what you call a mature turbofan ecosystem? What about HTSE-1200? When will i see that on DHRUV?
HTFE-25 will take flight in HALE UAV. There's simply no platform for it right now.

About your reference to TF35K(large 5th gen turbofan for KAAN), that engine's development began more than 5 years ago(before even TF10000),
A nation that test-fired a 26 kN Turbofan in 2024 can definitely make a 150 kN Turbofan by 2028. Meanwhile the Chinese, who are decades ahead of you took 3 decades to replace AL-31FP in J-16.

Anything else?

Satish Sharma

Country flag
This gentleman is biggest lier, anyways we all know how low u can fall justfor pr,image

TEI - The LEAP Engine
View attachment 253853

TEI - The GEnx Engine
View attachment 253854

Lol lol we have a engine which has completed High altitude trials succesfully.. the kaveri which successfully produces 50kn thrust
The problem is for wet thrust. It only produces 73kn sustained thrust. Can go upto 78-81kn but doesn't sustain for tha long.
So that's why f404 was used. & Still as it has successfully completed it is going in ghatak unmanned flying wing uav the dry thrust variant..
8 lsp units were ordered. One was delivered very recently. (Dry).
Work on new afterburner is going on which will allow kaveri to produce thrust of above 80kn.. so yeah wedo have engine which is completed its trials already. Had some issues will be resolved soon.. and by the time initial ioc's engine life will be over kaveri will be used on it.. & those will be improved ones as newer technologies are being integrated in kaveri basically a new engine is developed. Which will weight below 1100kg.
And also let me tell u kaveri integration has already begun on Tejas. It will be flying with 73kn..in few years..
What do u have which is flying atleast in testbeds like kaveri or even on ground facility. U have nothing even basic 25kn engine is not ready & u are boasting about muh jet engine..

HTFE engines have been produced and completed 339 runs as of 2019 out of which 96 runs were conducted in 2018-19. Engine has successfully completed cold starting test at 14 °C with spark igniters and has also achieved 100 per cent max speed with and without IGV modulation.
The company has also initiated the development for integrating afterburner technology on engine. In March 2019, first test with "basic afterburner" configuration was conducted on the engine.

Cold weather trials and Hot weather high altitude trials were completed. This is huge development as it was first fired 7 year & few months ago...
It has nothing to do with agency which is developing kaveri this is soul new project of hal.. you're nowhere near this engine literally..
Has it been even fired on ground?? No still why do u boast so much then...
It is habit I guess just like erdogy said 'no corridor without turkey 'like u have power stop imeec. & You literally boast for some JV which they are doing with many users literally even Korea, india. U just made some 15% part which has no technological value and think u have experience.
And talking about htse1200. It has also completed 100% speed run a year ago. 2-3 years I remember it went in lsp production.. it will get final certification by 2025..

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles