The Syrian Crisis

pmaitra

It's time to crush the FSA pests once and for all.

Good luck to the brave boys in the Syrian Army!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Lama Al Attassi resigns from her post as spokesperson for the FSA during an interview with Monte Carlo radio.

After being asked if this is the end of the Syrian regime, she answered: No, it's not.

I am no longer the spokesperson of the FSA. We don't want the Western tanks to enter Syria. We don't want another Iraq or Afghanistan in Syria.

Syria is the world's axis of balance. The last explosion has shaken the regime, but it's still too early to confirm that it has fallen.

Lama Attassi has also criticized , at the beginning of the interview, the Arab media in specific, and the global media in general, saying that it's like they are playing a symphony to please the listeners, without any single realistic aspect.

--------------

defections :rofl:

pmaitra

Lama Al Attassi resigns from her post as spokesperson for the FSA during an interview with Monte Carlo radio.

After being asked if this is the end of the Syrian regime, she answered: No, it's not.

I am no longer the spokesperson of the FSA. We don't want the Western tanks to enter Syria. We don't want another Iraq or Afghanistan in Syria.

Syria is the world's axis of balance. The last explosion has shaken the regime, but it's still too early to confirm that it has fallen.

Lama Attassi has also criticized , at the beginning of the interview, the Arab media in specific, and the global media in general, saying that it's like they are playing a symphony to please the listeners, without any single realistic aspect.

--------------

defections :rofl:

Great news.

Can you please post the video?

pmaitra

It was on radio. Also dont expect western media to plaster it over news screen either!
That would be like western news media and pliticians climbing the nearest rooftop, waving a bright fluorescent flag, and yelling, "look, we have been proven idiots!" :rofl:

IBSA

Country flag
What Monte Carlo is this? Is Monte Carlo city from Monaco Principality?

So it means FSA is represented by people on the foreign, outside, not inside Syria??

Why this moron instead to prompt the 'revolution' as from the luxury and charms of Monegasque Princely State, she go to face the Syrian Army on streets?

Scalieback

Professional
Prejudice, never carries one towards the light of truth. Both your country and his are hurtling towards self-destruction by trying to enforce democracies on Muslim majority states which by itself is a vain effort. Anyone with a bit of common sense knows that there can never be true democracy in Islam.
So in a way, propagating the lies of being an alliance capable of endowing democracy to nations incapable of being democratic is a propaganda in itself. He is no more guilty of that crime than you are. The difference is, he is apparently trying to realise the truth and you are diving deeper into the abyss of ignorance.
Apart from the last part, I agree.

Where am I?
diving deeper into the abyss of ignorance

Scalieback

Professional
In fact, Hitler made so many peace offers to the UK both before and after the war with Poland, and he was turned down every time. Churchill wanted the war, and he was willing to go to any extent to ensure it continued.
Where do you draw the line? The appeasement on Rhineland? The appeasement on Sudetanland? The invasion of Czechoslovakia? Splitting up Poland with the Russians? How much should Britain and France have let Germany do before they stepped in to stop the jack booted bully?

pmaitra

'Don't be duped by Western humanitarian rhetoric on Syria' – Russia's UN ambassador

Russia and China have for the third time vetoed a UN Security Council resolution on Syria which would entail tragic consequences for Damascus. Russia's ambassador to the UN told RT why a diplomatic solution to the crisis remains the only option.

In an exclusive interview with RT, Vitaly Churkin gave his explanation of what is going on in Syria and why he thinks the conflict has spread beyond that country's borders.
Source: 'Don't be duped by Western humanitarian rhetoric on Syria' – Russia's UN ambassador — RT

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
The crux:
I did refer to Iran, but in a slightly different context. I would not rule out that then they would move on to Iran, but I was not referring to that. In my remarks at the [Security] Council of the United Nations earlier today I was referring to their clear interest. And this is a major motivation of their policy and their effort to topple President Assad -in curbing Iranian influence in the Middle East and that entire region. And it is also a major motivation of the other Middle Eastern fighters for democracy – Saudi Arabia and Qatar – who are concerned about what they see as Iranian interest; in Bahrain as well. They claim the Shia protests there is sort of Iranian-sponsored even though some observers – including your colleagues and journalists who have experience on the ground – believe that it happens to be genuine protests against the system which is not entirely democratic, to put it mildly. So, a clear geopolitical dimension is there in the policies of a number of countries, who are extremely aggressive vis-a-vis Syria. And it has nothing to do with the interests of the Syrian people.
So downing Syria is aimed at downing Sias and Iranian influence.

Last edited:

Scalieback

Professional
The proper headline would be "Don't be duped by Russian self interest in propping up the Assad regime."

I hardly think anyone is a winner in this conflict. China and Russia have vested interests in the regime and don't want another Libya. Egypt already has the muslim brotherhood in power and the Army still trying to wheedle out of it. Libya could go either way.

In the meantime thousands of refugees flee the fighting and the regime has to go all out against the rebels. If (when?) the rebels win, would it really be in the West's interests? Another muslim brotherhood state?

Iran supports it as it also sees the writing on the wall as does China imho. Armed insurrection is not nice whatever your views.

I know there is always another view but frankly the Russian one is a joke imo.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
. China and Russia have vested interests in the regime and don't want another Libya. Egypt already has the muslim brotherhood in power and the Army still trying to wheedle out of it. Libya could go either way.

In the meantime thousands of refugees flee the fighting and the regime has to go all out against the rebels. If (when?) the rebels win, would it really be in the West's interests? Another muslim brotherhood state?

Iran supports it as it also sees the writing on the wall as does China imho. Armed insurrection is not nice whatever your views.

You mean to say US and Britain are there for humanitarian causes?

Lawrence of Arabia is still organising insurrections and insurgencies.
Emergence of Shia arc is dangerous for Western and US oil interests.
It is as plain and simple as that.

Scalieback

Professional
You mean to say US and Britain are there for humanitarian causes?
If you think about the wider picture eg this moving into the Lebannon or even Jordan, let alone Turkey and Iraq (Iran?) I'd say the best thing would be to have something like they did in Bosnia. Whether it would work under the UN is a different matter but I for one wouldn't want to see this spread to nearby countries, particulalry if Israel felt threatened.

Lawrence of Arabia is still organising insurrections and insurgencies.
Emergence of Shia arc is dangerous for Western and US oil interests.
It is as plain and simple as that.
I'm not disagreeing on that, albeit I believe the whole thing is far more problematic than your own simplistic view.

Syria has little or no oil tmk. The sooner we move onto hydrogen fuel cells and not have to rely on oil the better imo.

Scalieback

Professional
Just Look at Shia domination and you find SKA and US and Brits involved there in destabilising those areas so that oil prices remain above 120 dollar mark. Also look how strategically Shias are poised to control passage of oil. India has lost millions of dollars due to increased oil prices.

Google Image Result for http://home.comcast.net/~vincep312/islammap.jpg
So it's all a Brit and US plot to destabilise arab countries and have the muslim brotherhood et al in place? We are destabilising countries to increase the wealth of oil and want them to have religious hegamonies which btw hate the west?

In short, you're saying the arab spring is a CIA and MI6 inspired plot? Do the tin foil hats come with a lining?

pmaitra

ScaleyBack, I acknowledge that Bhadra is speculating, but his speculation is reasonable. We all know who funded and armed the Islamic Fundamentalists against the Soviet and Afghan Armies in the 80s.

Scalieback

Professional
ScaleyBack, I acknowledge that Bhadra is speculating, but his speculation is reasonable. We all know who funded and armed the Islamic Fundamentalists against the Soviet and Afghan Armies in the 80s.
We do. I've watched Charlie Wilson's War. Doesn't mean it ahppened this time. I actually think this is genuine unrest in a number of arabic countries.

If the west could genuinely do it for all of those countries, that's an awaesome amount of time, money and effort for absolutely no gain.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles