TEDBF or ORCA Updates

NutCracker

Country flag
Sir I know about this but these Tejas are just for showcase Tejas mk 2 is in development which is the jet intend to be used as fighter jet in iaf mk 1 is not satisfied iaf yet
IAF has realised their diminishing sqdr strength, and that they need something for numerical advantage over Pakistan/western front. And Mk1 fillls that role perfectly.

Super falcon

Country flag
IAF has realised their diminishing sqdr strength, and that they need something for numerical advantage over Pakistan/western front. And Mk1 fillls that role perfectly.
Yes but do HAL is not capable to develop TEBF AMCA Tejas lift HLFT is just a dream when Hal took 30 yrs to develop Tejas I think Hal needs more 50 yrs to get them all together

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Yes but do HAL is not capable to develop TEBF AMCA Tejas lift HLFT is just a dream when Hal took 30 yrs to develop Tejas I think Hal needs more 50 yrs to get them all together
They have already upgraded the Tejas Mk1a and the same assembly lines will be used for mk2 later. So its pretty sorted there.

Now we have AMCA and Teddy development in hand which isn't under HAL. They will be involved in only production.

HAL is an umbrella under which multiple companies and departments are working for these projects.

We have ADA : responsible for development of Tejas and other

Coming to Teddy i.e Naval Fighter jet it has everything available in hand with technology developed for AMCA going in there. Facility for testing etc are already built and available.

Gyyan

Country flag
I don't blame you for not understanding difference between design development and production.
For your country all mean the same thing (i.e. painting it green)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Initial building block takes time. It took India 20 years to make a short range ballistic missiles but delivered an ICBM in 3 years. It took 10-12 years to make first SLV but PSLV was there in 4 years.
Metallurgical limitations and engineering hurdles are always there if you are researching an independent project. Sub components once realised, keep getting used in bigger projects.

Most important thereafter, you need an "economy" to mass produce fighter sustainable (companies and vendors who make parts) so that required production rates can be met. So no, all other projects together won't exceed 20 years to get inducted and matured.
I don't blame you for not understanding difference between design development and production.
For your country all mean the same thing (i.e. painting it green)
Pak simply produces nothing and is simply decades behind even economies of its own size in industry. They boast of joint license production of a foreign plane with literally zero Pakistani parts, what India used to in 1960s.

Don't mind that, Pak's economic complexity index ranks below 100. Pak is at levels of Bangladesh and Sri Lanka essentially in terms of tech and industry, in league of Syria and Afghanistan when comes to economy.

Arpuster

Country flag
In 50 years PAC is not able to design and produce a single aircraft on its own so, why PAF keeps starting fantasy projects like project Azam when they just have to assemble/purchase Chinese aircrafts???

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Exactly
But hlft-42 doesn't belong to ada
It's hal project design cum manufacturing
Other projects belong ho ada
HLFT-42 is a HAL initiative and is an exception.
Other projects aren't of ADA alone as engineering and manufacturing part belongs to HAL with enough R&D. Whatever happens with both in confidence and HAL is as responsible as ADA every project. ADA and DRDO won't independently deliver anything.

jai jaganath

Country flag
HLFT-42 is a HAL initiative and is an exception.
Other projects aren't of ADA alone as engineering and manufacturing part belongs to HAL with enough R&D. Whatever happens with both in confidence and HAL is as responsible as ADA every project. ADA and DRDO won't independently deliver anything.
These designing works like pdr cdr and tech development is done by ada only prototype and manufacturing is done by hal
Yeah hal is involved in ada projects but the strees and responsibility majority lies on ada

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Yes, but upto roll out and first flight of prototypes, wouldn't this project be ADA's responsibility.
Off course ADA is design and agency and follows up aircraft till final configuration which is essentially similar to a project management team. Given that manufacturing doesn't come on their scope, the assumption of their importance over HAL is null & void.

They anyway realise their own work within time frame, engineering and manufacturing delays are India's bottleneck where HAL lies.

Super falcon

Country flag
Gadhe gadhe rahe te hai
Prototyping is done by hal under advisory of ada
Be it tejas mk1 mk1a mk2 amca tedbf all belonged to ada only Prototyping and post order manufacturing belongs to hal
Padhai likha karun website dekh kar dephence anal-y-shit nahi bante
Abay lulh ka ya Bata ada jab khud Kuch kar hi nahi Raha HAL design bana Raha ha tü Manufacturing. Bhi hal hi karega na Boeing Koi chez Design karta ha USAF ka lia aur delay karta ha tü Boeing chutiya banega na HAL na ak tak koi cheez time par ki ha jo ya sab aim Sath karega auf Tejas mk 1 itna perfect tha tü mk 2 ki Kia zarorat bani

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles