Sukhoi PAK FA

SavageKing456

Country flag
It is upto the makers how to make a 5th gen aircraft, F-35 is a shit aircraft for Air-to-air combat. Su-57 can super manoeuvre. The more manoeuvrable the aircraft, the more its difficult to hit them.
F35 is a terrible dogfighter,rather it wasn't designed to dogfight,but damn good at BVR engagement and for penetration of enemy airspace or rather for offensive purpose.
Su57 fits for opposite role.

Swiftfarts

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Su57 has terrible RCS,from what i heard.
We shouldn't buy it at any cost.
Its overall RCS is same as clean F 18 blk 3. It's frontal RCS is probably good. There have been changes in design of plane recently which will RCS further. I am more concerned about radar and sensors. We should definitely buy it.... as it is better and has greater potential than rafale in long run.

panzerfeist1

Country flag
That's it a very little V crevice? I thought it was something major like engines. I had no idea having crevices on aircrafts was stealth although nothing to compare that to with one without it.

SavageKing456

Country flag
That's it a very little V crevice? I thought it was something major like engines. I had no idea having crevices on aircrafts was stealth although nothing to compare that to with one without it.
Does su57 has serpentine air intake?

panzerfeist1

Country flag
Does su57 has serpentine air intake?
Probably something better to keep kinematic performance. 2623031 - ВОЗДУХОЗАБОРНИК САМОЛЕТА - иллюстрации (findpatent.ru)

Su-57B.jpg
Su-57C.jpg
Su-57D.jpg
Su-57-a.jpg

• There are partial S-ducts as demonstrated on the patent itself. Meaning the fan blades are not completely exposed but partially which is still regarded as an RCS reducing feature.
  • RAM is applied in the inlet so that is regarded as another RCS reducing feature.
  • Patent and image shows radar blockers to reflect radio waves away from radar source and covering fan blades so that is another RCS reducing feature.
  • There is an anti-radar grading installed inside the air channel and guess what, that is another RCS reducing feature.
  • Fan blades are made of composite materials which again is an RCS reducing feature.
  • Image of inlet vanes along with patent which are behind the blades are seen as being designed a particular way to lower RCS and being made of composites as well, so another RCS reducing feature.
Its not hard having access to a anechoic chamber using Ufimtsev's equations, having S-ducts is not all that authentic either when it was present on their Su-47 but decided to trade stealth for stealth and aerodynamic performance. I can't compare which is the more RCS reducing design and by how much since I don't have a billion dollar radar chamber but that is why I try to ignore most run of the mill internet enthusiasts.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Probably something better to keep kinematic performance. 2623031 - ВОЗДУХОЗАБОРНИК САМОЛЕТА - иллюстрации (findpatent.ru)

View attachment 67449View attachment 67450View attachment 67451View attachment 67448

• There are partial S-ducts as demonstrated on the patent itself. Meaning the fan blades are not completely exposed but partially which is still regarded as an RCS reducing feature.
  • RAM is applied in the inlet so that is regarded as another RCS reducing feature.
  • Patent and image shows radar blockers to reflect radio waves away from radar source and covering fan blades so that is another RCS reducing feature.
  • There is an anti-radar grading installed inside the air channel and guess what, that is another RCS reducing feature.
  • Fan blades are made of composite materials which again is an RCS reducing feature.
  • Image of inlet vanes along with patent which are behind the blades are seen as being designed a particular way to lower RCS and being made of composites as well, so another RCS reducing feature.
Its not hard having access to a anechoic chamber using Ufimtsev's equations, having S-ducts is not all that authentic either when it was present on their Su-47 but decided to trade stealth for stealth and aerodynamic performance. I can't compare which is the more RCS reducing design and by how much since I don't have a billion dollar radar chamber but that is why I try to ignore most run of the mill internet enthusiasts.
My brother from another mother has arrived .

I have a slide of Radar blocker cum IGV for MiG-29 . I will look for it.

There is an IGV, the device S plus another EGV in that air intake. Then there's the first stage fan of AL-41F 1 which itself is coated heavily with ram.

Unlike the F-22 and F-35's intakes where there is a huge pressure drop due to the pronounced s curve , there's little pressure drop in this inlet duct . Then there is more pressure recovery possible here.

Plus the entire duct acts as a RAS unlike the F-22 intakes and ducts. After that, there is extensive liberal treatment with RAM .

People don't realise the quantum of effort that has gone into designing the intakes and the EGV , Device S and IGV . Together with Item 30, it's acts as a single unit.

So whenever posters say the engine is exposed, I just give them a wide berth. Ignorance is bliss.

Arihant Roy

Country flag

View attachment 67449View attachment 67450View attachment 67451View attachment 67448

The Ruskies in general and Sukhoi OKB in particular has extensive experience with S shaped ducts. Which Western fanboys consider the holy Trinity of stealth or low observable features. Laughable.

The Berkut or Golden Eagle had both s ducts and internal weapons bays. So when people say that Russians don't know what they are doing, I just have a good laugh .

Miss Jo Asakura .

vishnugupt

Country flag
Its overall RCS is same as clean F 18 blk 3. It's frontal RCS is probably good. There have been changes in design of plane recently which will RCS further. I am more concerned about radar and sensors. We should definitely buy it.... as it is better and has greater potential than rafale in long run.
No doubt, SU-57 will have more potential than Rafale but as of today, Rafale is matured and offers best Electronic ware fare suits, better VVR missile, Supersonic speed. So rafale is better.
In future, AMCA will do rest of the job

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

There are other problems too.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
F35 is a terrible dogfighter,rather it wasn't designed to dogfight,but damn good at BVR engagement and for penetration of enemy airspace or rather for offensive purpose.
Su57 fits for opposite role.
Idk why tf is this so called argument coming that we live in an age of BVR fight, I mean the NEZ of the best missile in the world is 60 km. It is still WVR else there are less chances of hitting your targets with meteor beyond 60km so for a 100% kill you need to get close which only triggers dogfight.

SavageKing456

Country flag
Idk why tf is this so called argument coming that we live in an age of BVR fight, I mean the NEZ of the best missile in the world is 60 km. It is still WVR else there are less chances of hitting your targets with meteor beyond 60km so for a 100% kill you need to get close which only triggers dogfight.
Dogfights happen rarely i guess that's why people say.

panzerfeist1

Country flag
There are other problems too.
Do not want to brag but I think this might address those problems you might be talking about. https://qr.ae/pNwQUh

Also I have just finished an article of information regarding the air to air and air to ground missiles the Su-57 would use and how its missile technology currently is in a broader detail than my last article. https://qr.ae/pN9TX0 I am welcome for any kind of criticism.

Global Defence

Articles