Sukhoi PAK FA

archie

Country flag
Wow... tell us more about how awesome Russia and the PAK-FA are. Preferably in 6 or 7 paragraphs.
Im not russian to say than neither am i a person to to belittle a country just cause they are opposite to me... Im Indian works more on the principle of live and let live

When it is fully ready to show off you will see it in airshows..:p

lookieloo

Im not russian...
Never said you were... I only asked that you continue telling us more about how great Russia and the PAK-FA are. Again, a 6 or 7 paragraph essay on the matter seems well within your interests.

akshay m

new modifications on PAK FA
minor though ,but i suppose they have their reasons
it looks like it is a change in design of the vents behind on the canopy . why they were changed I don't know however, maybe for RCS-modifications.
it was first noticed on 28 march
before

after

Last edited:

archie

Country flag
Never said you were... I only asked that you continue telling us more about how great Russia and the PAK-FA are. Again, a 6 or 7 paragraph essay on the matter seems well within your interests.
My only intrest is in India and im looking from a Aviation intrested and buyers intrest of comparision of betweren upcoming planes . I hold no animosity to any country but looks like you jold a grudge against russia or what they manufacture.. T-50 or PAKFA is dhaping to be a good Aircraft.

Russiaian Defence purchase was reduce cause of external factors and not cause the plane is bad as you were trying to potray

If i knew so much in detal about PAKFA at this stage i would not be here tryping .. :p
and this much is enough to convey whay i want to say no need for 5-6 paragraphs (I type what i want to share)

Anshu Attri

Country flag
Russia to Sell 127 FGFA fighter aircraft to India?

Russia to Sell 127 FGFA fighter aircraft to India? | The Sentinel

India is currently negotiating a contract with Russia for 127 Fifth Generation Fighting Aircraft (FGFA), an aircraft designed on the Russian PAK FA 5th generation multirole fighter aircraft. The contract is evaluated at more than $25 billion Euros.

The news comes at a good time since the Russian Armed Forces dramatically decreased its PAK FA order due to economical issues. The original order was 52 T-50 but was reduced to 12. Russia will instead concentrate on 4++ generation fighters such as the Sukhoi Su-30 and the Su-35.

Russia would deliver its first FGFA in 36 months instead of the previous estimation of 94 months. After the first batch built in Russia, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) will takeover the production under transfer of technology.

The FGFA will be a two-seater fighter instead of a one-seater for the T-50. The FGFA will also be armed with Indian-made Astra, a beyond-visual-range missile (BVR). An additional 43 improvements such as stealth, supercruise, sensors, networking and combat avionics will be applied to the FGFA.

India was considering buying 126 French Rafale but only 36 will join the Indian Air Force. Modi and Putin met last December and spoke about the non-delivery of the Mistral LHD due to the ongoing Ukrainian conflict. India could have turned its back—mainly due to Russian influence—on France due to the failed delivery of the Mistral LHDs to Russia. That said, India also has concerns on the future delivery of Rafale parts based on the possibility of having the United States putting pressure on France to limits its exportation to India.

We can say Putin got his revenge on France's decision to not deliver the Mistral.

Russia is also the oldest and most important military partner of India. Both countries have cooperated on many military projects, including the FGFA. The Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi told Russian President Vladimir Putin that India would keep Russia has its primary partner in defence materiel.

The first FGFA are planned to be operational in 2016.

India is currently spending more than $40 billion on defence annually (1.84% of its GDP) and holds the 9th rank when it comes to military spending. India is also the world's largest weapon's importer.

The $25 billion Euros deal will likely bolster an already solid relationship between India and Russia.

salute

We can say Putin got his revenge on France's decision to not deliver the Mistral.
lets see,

putin got crimea, lost couple of LHD (maybe never wanted in first place:laugh:)

and this made french loss of mmrca contract,

so this may give another chance for russia for big order of fighter jets from india,as india is buying only few rafales,

how many birds putin killed in one stone. :laugh:

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Russia to Sell 127 FGFA fighter aircraft to India?

Russia to Sell 127 FGFA fighter aircraft to India? | The Sentinel

India is currently negotiating a contract with Russia for 127 Fifth Generation Fighting Aircraft (FGFA), an aircraft designed on the Russian PAK FA 5th generation multirole fighter aircraft. The contract is evaluated at more than $25 billion Euros.

The news comes at a good time since the Russian Armed Forces dramatically decreased its PAK FA order due to economical issues. The original order was 52 T-50 but was reduced to 12. Russia will instead concentrate on 4++ generation fighters such as the Sukhoi Su-30 and the Su-35.

Russia would deliver its first FGFA in 36 months instead of the previous estimation of 94 months. After the first batch built in Russia, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) will takeover the production under transfer of technology.

The FGFA will be a two-seater fighter instead of a one-seater for the T-50. The FGFA will also be armed with Indian-made Astra, a beyond-visual-range missile (BVR). An additional 43 improvements such as stealth, supercruise, sensors, networking and combat avionics will be applied to the FGFA.

India was considering buying 126 French Rafale but only 36 will join the Indian Air Force. Modi and Putin met last December and spoke about the non-delivery of the Mistral LHD due to the ongoing Ukrainian conflict. India could have turned its back—mainly due to Russian influence—on France due to the failed delivery of the Mistral LHDs to Russia. That said, India also has concerns on the future delivery of Rafale parts based on the possibility of having the United States putting pressure on France to limits its exportation to India.

Russia is also the oldest and most important military partner of India. Both countries have cooperated on many military projects, including the FGFA. The Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi told Russian President Vladimir Putin that India would keep Russia has its primary partner in defence materiel.

The first FGFA are planned to be operational in 2016.

India is currently spending more than $40 billion on defence annually (1.84% of its GDP) and holds the 9th rank when it comes to military spending. India is also the world's largest weapon's importer.

The $25 billion Euros deal will likely bolster an already solid relationship between India and Russia.
Not confirmed by any other media. It is doubtful the guy sitting in Canada with next to nothing experience in journalism would get such a scoop before any other big media houses, either in India or Russia, gets it from an in house sources. Just after Rafale deal, this is huge news. So most likely hoax.

sgarg

A FGFA contract is in the pipeline. It is not announced yet. But expect it soon. GOI will have to boost fighter numbers one way or the other. It is either Su-35 or FGFA to be built at Nasik after Su-30 production completes. A template similar to Su-30 is very likely like 2 squadron fully built from Russia and then stepped local build.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
A FGFA contract is in the pipeline. It is not announced yet. But expect it soon. GOI will have to boost fighter numbers one way or the other. It is either Su-35 or FGFA to be built at Nasik after Su-30 production completes. A template similar to Su-30 is very likely like 2 squadron fully built from Russia and then stepped local build.
Will our version of Su-35 be slightly superior to the PLAAF SU-35 ? :troll:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It's interesting how Russia's reduced order for PAKFA will impact on the cost of the Indian version...

lookieloo

It's interesting how Russia's reduced order for PAKFA will impact on the cost of the Indian version...
Cutting the order back to 12 basically signifies giving up as they did with the Berkut and MiG 1.44... though I'm sure the Russians will still be happy to take Indian money in exchange for some more cool CGI photos of FGFA in IAF livery. Blaming the chop on 'Murica is just pathetic.

lookieloo

My only intrest is in India...
I think not... it doesn't matter though. Nothing you type is going to put an Indian pilot in the cockpit of an actual PAK-FA, let alone an FGFA. It's also very amusing how you somehow manage to blame America for the program's failure. :tsk:

In any case, I will always enjoy watching you make excuses as Russia continues to alter the deal; pray they don't alter it any further. :taunt:

Last edited by a moderator:

archie

Country flag
I think not... it doesn't matter though. Nothing you type is going to put an Indian pilot in the cockpit of an actual PAK-FA, let alone an FGFA. It's also very amusing how you somehow manage to blame America for the program's failure. :tsk:

In any case, I will always enjoy watching you make excuses as Russia continues to alter the deal; pray they don't alter it any further. :taunt:

I am not blaming America for FGFA. On the Contrary i am simply dissing your attempt to imply FGFA is a Dud. USN probbaby has nightmare with F-35 being a Dud.

Obviously What i type is immaterial to FGFA or IAF for that matter and its the same for what ever you post here Be it video or your views... I think i have clearly stated when i am speculatng on things vs what is available in public domain Vs my take on things.

I dont think Anything US makes is the best nor Anything Russia makes is bad.. each have their share of good and bad.
Its is Amusing how you try to think America is the center of the world :p

Last edited by a moderator:

archie

Country flag
A brave mask for your butthurt.
Well I have no problem acepting US is currently most powerful . But will you agree its possible for that change ?? Will you agree its possible that a country with limited resoureces can creat great technology??

Or will you rather say its a failure even before its unvieled?? well there is your butthurt.

Dont let that butthurn become sore when FGFA is unvieled as a product in its final form costing way less than anyother 5th gen aircraft

2002- 2016 Expected operational status (maybe 2017 or even 2018) is better than
1996- Current (initial testing,operational maybe 2018 Expected production run)

Last edited:

lookieloo

Dont let that butthurn become sore when FGFA is unvieled as a product in its final form costing way less than anyother 5th gen aircraft...
12 planes aren't gonna "butthurn" anyone, much less a vaporware export variant that everyone here knows is a joke now.

archie

Country flag
12 planes aren't gonna "butthurn" anyone, much less a vaporware export variant that everyone here knows is a joke now.
12 Are just Limited series Production Actual orders will be decided after it is tested and qualified. Its better this way when money is less. At least there will not be a cutback of order at a latter date.

The Project is not yet complete Damn its Advanced Engines are yet to be fitted to the aircraft and your talking about its supposed lack of capabilities??

lookieloo

12 Are just Limited series Production...
Twelve of anything is not production, limited or otherwise; and tell us more about these "Advanced Engines" of which you so faithfully speak. As for capabilities... if the PAK-FA is so close operational status, why haven't we seen a single weapon launched from the weapons bay yet? It's been spotted with external loads (most likely for aerodynamic/weight-&-balance testing), but even those haven't been used; and in any case, being stuck with external weapons kinda defeats the entire purpose of having a VLO airframe at all.

And through all this, when exactly was India planning to get its first prototype? Since I've been here, the 2-seater has been dumped and the date for the first Indian plane has slipped from 2014, to 2016, to sometime after 2018... always with some confusion over whether this means an actual FGFA or one of Russia's spare PAK-FAs. Now that the Russians have canned the project themselves, I rather doubt the IAF will flight-test any VLO aircraft before 2020.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles