Su-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sancho

Only thing that will look different on Super 30 is loss of canards, enlarged LERX and gold tint on the canopy. The new RAM paint might have a different tone to it.
They will integrate more composites as well and deleting canards isn't sure, since it's one of the features to make it more maneuverable and counter the heavier weight penality caused by the twin seat concept. Better weight and see what will change, instead of speculate even more than the media already does.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Here's how Super-30 will look like ...

i.e.-no real external difference.

Here is what they can do to reduce RCS without any major changes in airframe - not saying that's what they are doing.

1. Put in composite levcons in the canard and wing frontal tips.
2. Shape the inlets (not to the extent of a PAK-FA, but similar to an eurofighter, if possible without changing the rest of the airframe)

3. Upgrade the RAM coating with more modern technology
4. Change the bubble canopy tint - maybe introduce a single-piece canopy?
5. AESA radar - reduces chances of radar tracking
6. modern IRST - reduces IR tracking
7. Modern jammers - to reduce radar tracking again
8. RAM coating on external pylons and maybe even on missiles carried on them.
9. Shaping the Radome to reduce RCS.

just4nikhilesh

Conversation overheard on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz while flying from Turkey to Jamnagar___!!

The conversation went like this_:__

Pakitani Air Defense Radar:__'Unknown aircraft you are in Pakistani airspace__Identify yourself_!!

Aircraft:__'This is an Indian aircraft__I am in international airspace_!!

Air Defense Radar:__You are in Pakistani airspace_If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircrafts__!!!

Aircraft:__'This is an IAF Su-30MKI fighter jet armed with nine R77 BVR missiles. Send 'em up, I'll wait!__

Pakistani Air Defense Radar: (no response__total silence) __!!

black eagle

Country flag
your source please..............................
Why don't you give us a source if you believe it will go through structural & design change. The only structural modification that it will go through is the strengthening of the wings for carriage the Brahmos. Since we have not heard anything related to any design change we are saying it will look as it looks now.

plugwater

Why don't you give us a source if you believe it will go through structural & design change. The only structural modification that it will go through is the strengthening of the wings for carriage the Brahmos. Since we have not heard anything related to any design change we are saying it will look as it looks now.
BE, I doubt they will strengthen the wings because Brahmos wont be fitted in there. It will be fitted under its belly so they will strengthen the hardpoint in the belly only.

pankaj nema

Country flag
Conversation overheard on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz while flying from Turkey to Jamnagar___!!

Pakitani Air Defense Radar:__'Unknown aircraft you are in Pakistani airspace__Identify yourself_!!

Air Defense Radar:__You are in Pakistani airspace_If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircrafts__!!!

Aircraft:__'This is an IAF Su-30MKI fighter jet armed with nine R77 BVR missiles. Send 'em up, I'll wait!__

Is this true or your creative imagination

plugwater

Is this true or your creative imagination
No, cheap copy of this conversation.

Iranian Air Defense Radar: 'Unknown aircraft at (location unknown), you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am not in Iranian airspace, I am in Iraqi airspace.'
Iranian Air Defense Radar: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!'
Iranian Air Defense Radar: (no response .... total silence)

SPIEZ

Country flag

True or not. this was good :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
so you are just assuming things here, right?

brahmos cannot be carried on wings. it must be carried under the belly.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I was assuming things to remain pretty much the same - since any major changes in the airframe will require a major overhaul of the production line, not to mention another couple of billion dollars in R&D and 2-3 years of development time.
If the PAK-FA FGFA is going to arrive in ~10 years, there is no reason for IAF to go for ANY major changes in the MKI design.

Anshu Attri

Country flag
European missiles for India's Sukhois

European missiles for India's Sukhois

Naples (Italy): European consortium MBDA has offered their 300 km-range Taurus stand-off missile system to the Indian Air Force (IAF) for its fighter jets such as the Su-30MKI.

"We have received a Request for Information (RFI) from the IAF for a stand-off long range missile from the IAF and we have offered the Taurus missiles as we feel that it meets all the desired requirements," Anders Axebark, the business development manager for the missile systems told a group of Indian journalists here.

The Taurus air-to-ground missiles are manufactured by the Germany-based Taurus Systems GmbH, which is a joint venture between MBDA and Swedish defence major Saab.

MBDA is a missile manufacturing firm based in Italy, Britain, France and Germany.

India is going to upgrade the first batch of its Sukhois in collaboration with Russia and is looking to enhance the capabilities of the aircraft by equipping it with new radars, long-range weapons and avionics.

Axebark said the IAF has already been briefed by the company at the Air Headquarters in New Delhi about the operational advantages that the missile would provide. "The German Air Force is also planning to carry out a test-firing of the missile for the IAF in November at one of the field-firing ranges in South Africa," he said.

Axebark said that his company has also briefed the DRDO about the system and is looking for opportunities to co-develop anti-ship, surface to surface and transport aircraft-launched versions of the missile with the research organisation.

The Taurus GmbH is also offering the ground-launched version to the Indian Army.

The company claimed that the missile system can be used to take out hard targets such as bunkers and concrete shelters from a stand-off range of 300 km and it can track its target without using the GPS navigation system.

The MBDA has also offered its MICA and Meteor missiles to the IAF and said that they can be integrated with various types of aircraft operating in the IAF.

plugwater

SCALP EG would do also two scalp can be fitted in Rafale :)

Last edited:

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
What's that?

What are the different possible options for the Super 30? Russian, European, Israeli?

nrj

Country flag
^^@AV

Whats will be the range of Taurus on MKI? Ought to be below 300.

A.V.

ace the image is of TARUS :- The Taurus air-to-ground missiles are manufactured by the Germany-based Taurus Systems GmbH, which is a joint venture between MBDA and Swedish defence major Saab.

the news is posted 2 posts above by ANSHU

A.V.

YEP 300 for sure , but its just one of the lists on the shopping cart , waiting for trials in november

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
So, I see that there's Taurus from MBDA, there's Hellfire I know of. There's Storm Shadow and Exocet and the Kickback (Kh-15).

is there anything else there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles